ORFFF 2016 Mid Season delistment thread

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Jun 20, 2016.

1. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Good practice, Ducks. Now it's time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Lukas Webb is cut. Lewis Jetta, you're gone. Sean Dempster, I like your hustle...that's why it was so hard to cut you. Congratulations, the rest of you made the team! Except you, you and you.

(Yes, these are my real delistings)

• Like Like x 5
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Only leematty was required to delist and hes already done it

• Like Like x 1
  3. stowie

stowie Moderator

Saying goodbye to Brent Macaffer, Nathan Freeman (and his poor hamstrings) as well as big Will Minson.

• Like Like x 1
  4. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Yeah still tossing up how many I want to get rid off. Brb before 10am tomorrow.

5. jamabadar

jamabadar Moderator

It is with a heavy heart the Virgins say goodbye to.
    Matthew Jaensch we never got to see how good you are we wish you all the best in your future enterprises.
    Josh Thomas still waiting for you to make a appearance at training patience has run out thanks but no thanks.
    Heritier Lumumba concussed for so many weeks we feel it is your best interest to take a year off see where your head is.
    Bring on the draft.

• Like Like x 1
  6. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Chinchilla wishes to announce Jayden McGrath has asked for a release on personal grounds and it has been granted. He leaves with our best wishes for his future.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

As a confirmed draft whore it feels really wrong to go into a draft with only one live pick, but I can't find anyone else to delist, PSD period is going to be an issue

• Like Like x 2
  8. anthak

also delisting Ricky Henderson

There may still be one more

• Like Like x 1
  9. port_leschenault

Was only going to delist 1-2 but changed my mind over night. Raze it to the ground.

Goodbye:
    Sam Menegola
    Ryan Schoenmakers
    Michael Talia
    Matt Buntine

Also there really should be only 1-2 people editing team lists because you're going to end up doubling up on some players eg, like those that have been traded.

• Like Like x 1
  10. anthak

Thanks for the suggestion, and also for consolidating the trades at one point during this last trade period. Do you want to take it on P_L? It would be especially great for you to take on running the trade periods and keeping track of all the trades etc.
    Im not so sure about just 1 or 2 people doing all the list changes in tsLeagues, but if you want to, it may be ok i spose. I had thought it would be better to share the workload between everyone, which also has the bonus of everyone each taking responsibility for our own teams.
    Also, in case you werent aware, there is a button in tsLeagues that checks for duplicate players and retired players instantly as well as total squad numbers.

Let me know what you think.

• Like Like x 1
  11. port_leschenault

Thanks for the offer, not really. I did it because I could and I mentioned it. Have to use mod powers for good...sometimes :p I'd prefer not to take on running things roles for two league. Not noticed any check for duplicates button. May have to point that one out.

Having everyone do it means you've potentially got 16 people editing their team at different times for updating trades and then delistments and then draftees. A league admin can get it all done in 5-20 minutes. Delistments are easiest and the draft would be the longest but you can do that bit by bit.

12. MrsBear

MrsBear Active Member

Port Lincoln advise that we are satisfied with our list following the recent trade period and will not be participating in the Mid Season Draft, good look to all coaches participating, please draft the players my husband is after, I love seeing him get annoyed when the player he wanted is picked just before his turn :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Wilco Nicky

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Wedge Island regretfully add William Frampton and Riley Knight to our recent mid season delistings

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

And a big fat raspberry and 2 finger salute to the pair of you :p
    May all your players turn into :spud:'s and :poop: overnight :p:D

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. anthak

@TheTassieHawk are you able to add all delisted players to the spreadsheet youve prepared, with or without stats?

17. anthak

Btw, one of my players should consider himself very lucky. I had intended to delist him, but missed the chance before the deadline...