ORFFF 2016 Round 4

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Thanks for the good news :(
    Tracey and I are about to jump in the car and drive to Canberra to see the Hoff, Heater and Cement play live, might take a cattle prod down with us :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Good win for the giants @Len

It appears that Black Swamp have pulled off a stunning upset 1276-1174

A very brief write up is over at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/black-swamp-29ers-team-thread.89097/

• Like Like x 2
  3. Len

Totally expected it mate, once Hampson went down, you could see which way it was going to roll, the squad actually scored a total of 1740, easily our highest, but I simply didn't have the right guys on the park..
    0 - 4

4. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Boozers get a nice win 1295-1166, no thanks to Dixon and lobbe. The port boys have been very disappointing. If I can get some injured players back, their spots will be in jeopardy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

hey mate, I love your enthusiasm, but sometimes I just simply dont find time. It was a real struggle this week to even find time to set up my team in tsLeagues - I had to do it in such a rush, just to make sure I got it done in the moment I had. Then, when I saw on Friday evening that Brayshaw had made the final team for Melbourne, I wouldve liked to have put him in my ORFFF team but I couldnt find time to do that either, let alone write out my whole team in the forum.
    I do however agree that it adds a lot to the league when we are posting in the forums, and discussing the games and league with each other. I love that aspect of these ORFF leagues. And I try to as much as I can.
    I remember when we were working out the rules, we discussed whether this should be mandatory, and it was decided that it should not be, presumably for good reason, so I'd hope people wouldnt feel obliged to post their teams in the forum. At the same time, for general participation purposes, I would also hope people see the benefit and actually want to do it.

Regarding teams changing, what are you referring to? Are you suggesting teams have been changed after lockout? That obviously shouldnt be happening, so please provide more info if you have noticed something.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTassieHawk

@Ant - I think @choppers was meaning that people are making "unannounced" changes in the Teams shortly before ORFFF lockout.

My take is that the ORFFF "View Matchday" function is the equivalent of the Thursday night AFL teams announcement - and should be checked Friday night/Saturday AFTER lockout as any teams loaded prior to this are indicative only.

I appreciate Choppers wider view regarding engagement and banter but it is only early days and I expect that any perceived or actual lack of either or both will become clearer by the midseason break.

My personal KPI is that there are no ghost ships and it is fair to say that the 3 winless sides are as committed as anyone else and the only instance of any side fielding "unnecessary donuts" was self reported as being human error (due to not realising that team changes had not been saved) rather than any lack of planning or commitment.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheTassieHawk

There were a bunch of low scores in Round 4 (the 3 lowest in ORFFF History) but 2 teams managed 1400 plus and another 2 teams set their best scores (Mt Thirsty and Black Swamp).

WA, VIC and SA state derby bragging rights go to Mt Thirsty, Drouin and Neptune Island for their wins over rivals Walpole, Drouin and Maralinga respectively.

4 sides remain undefeated and 2 games clear of the chasing pack while the Boozers take hold of a place in the top 8 with the White Pointers slipping into 9th (116 points behind the Virgins).

The ORFFF records page has been updated http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-all-time-match-and-team-records.89401/

• Like Like x 1
  8. anthak

Absolutely love these updates you're doing TTH!
    Keep 'em coming :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Another crap effort by the Pointers - I just can't get my selection of Toby Greene right, when I pick him he stinks it up, when I drop him he plays like a bloody star!!! At this rate I won't have any hair come end of season!!! Want to trade during MSD trade period @Len ? I'm sure you'll bring out the best in the young Giants enigma!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Len

Meh, I have enough issues with Lachie Hunter doing exactly the same thing

11. anthak

Both Greene and Hunter clearly not up to ORFFF standard. Its a big step up from the 2nd teir comps.

• Like Like x 1