ORFFF 2016 Round 7

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, May 5, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who will win in the battle of the top 2 ORFFF sides?

Poll closed May 8, 2016.
  1. The Dropbears

75.0%
  2. The Chumps

25.0%
  1. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Lucky I had him I suppose, dunno how I missed the Gray out!

2. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Another week another loss for boozers. Around the 1150-1118 before scaling against the power.

Rocky injured so think it's time to forfeit as we have become the bye with no chance to field a full team at present.

3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

7 man interchange on Thursday night, dropped Friday night in the cut to 22 and 3 emgs

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

What was Scotty Thompson up to? Must've had plans to reunite with his old teammates if you needed him.

I think you need to go into your team page and click the save button again and it will fix that, or it could be that you have to go into the team entry page and clear your team and then start again... maybe both. There is a fix, i remember because it has happened to others too, and it was resolved easily.
    We can have a play around with it after lockout is finished.

Well done too. I presume you have beaten me after a few of your players ran rampant, led by Riewoldt, Gibbs and Dusty Martin.

5. TheTassieHawk

The 29ers have once again been carried over the line by some late clutch performances prevailing 1387-1330, despite the Butchers managing 6 tons to the visitors 4, Westhoffs 121 points was a truly clutch performance when the game looked like slipping from our grasp.

Thanks very much to @insider for the game as your boys were unlucky to lose with the 3rd highest score for the round and the 3rd highest losing score in ORFFF history.

A more detailed match summary will be posted on the Black Swamp team thread at some point.

http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/black-swamp-29ers-team-thread.89097/

Black Swamp (4th 5-2) now looks forward to hosting our nearest and (not so) dearest rivals the Chinchilla Chumps (3rd 6-1) in ORFFF Rivalry Round next week.

@choppers - please make sure to read the preview of next week's match which will be posted on the Black Swamp team thread at some point this week.

The Butchers (4-3) will host the Avengers in a game of opposites with Dingo Beach winning 4 then losing 3 while their opponents have the reverse form line (something which will continue until at least Round 9).

• Like Like x 1
  6. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Another week, another surprise win for the Glow Worms, posting 1244 to the White Pointers 1161. Moving Mole Creek to 5th on the table, Wedge Island would have likely taken this game with a full squad available.

This continues a stunning run of form for Mole Creek, sitting 5-2 on the season with the second worst points for total in the league, but the best points against total by a fair margin. The big test comes this week as Mole Creek play host to the leagues top scoring Drouin Dropbears, who sit undefeated atop the table.

• Like Like x 2
  7. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

thanks @TheTassieHawk
    at least I was more competitive this week. a spirited showing from the Butchers but the choccies going to the 29ers

• Like Like x 1
  8. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Another week, another narrow loss for the Fugitives this time at the hands of Cockburn who prevailed by 37 points. Honourably losses are no longer good enough as the Fugitives look to arrest a season that is rapidly heading south. For the Avengers that's three on the trot as they make an appearance in the 8 for the first time the season. I believe this where they will remain. It doesn't get any easier for the Fugitives as they travel to relatively nearby Jan Juc for a spot of surfing and predictably another narrow loss.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Am surprised the score was as close as it was in the end mate, especially considering I only had 2 defenders and 2 OOP defenders!!!

10. TheTassieHawk

any defenders likely to be back soon Bear ??

11. Bearfly

Not sure mate, Grimes has been named emergency for Dees past 3 weeks but hard to find room for him when they win. Hansen has been named emergency 3 or 4 times over the first 7 rounds. Laird is probably a couple more weeks away at best. And JKolo will find it tough to get back in after the performance Ruggles put in against the Eagles!!!
    Could be some more pain coming up for the Pointers unfortunately :(

12. TheTassieHawk

Laird hopefully back soon, assume 1 of the other 3 will get games due to injury or suspension soonish so you should still be picking up enough wins to keep you in touch prior to the MSD.

Just make sure you have a full team in for round 12 mate as the better half will be able to let you hear about it for the next 12 months otherwise !!

13. Bearfly

Might have to go to Dees, Norf and Cats training sessions and injure a couple of players so my boys get a chance - already copped a bit from the missus when she realised I didn't have enough defenders last weekend, said she hoped the rest of my team started to suffer the same problems leading in to our match!!!

Might have to enter my team early for that round then pull the plug on the modem so she can't get her team entered :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheTassieHawk

Round 7 unbelievably saw all 8 matches decided by 90 points or less with the average margin being 55 points. Black Swamp reached their highest score to date, while Chinchilla and Jan Juc scored their lowest. Mt Thirsty regrettably left M.W.Brown on the bench while playing without a ruckman which cost them 48 OOP points and the win against Port Lincoln. Cockburn won their 3rd straight over Rutherglen while Maralinga and Black Swamp defeated Heard Island and Dingo Beach respectively.

Meanwhile Jan Juc defeated Walpole and moved into the 8 at the expense of the WhitePointers (who are 614 points behind on point scored) who lost to Mole Creek. Drouin remain undefeated (and on top) after beating the Chimps by 90 points while Neptune Island prevailed by 30 points over Useless loop to move to second and are also undefeated - with both victors experiencing their closest match to date. The 2 undefeated teams are set to meet in Round 9, but before then both will be focussing on the all important ORFFF RIVALRY ROUND http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-2016-rivalry-round-round-8.89461/ .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Would have beaten the Avengers last week, looking forward to a close contest :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

@DamoH I have just cleared your team to try to remove SDThompson from the match day. Make sure to enter a team for this week!