ORFFF 2016 Round 9

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, May 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Not to sound like a party pooper, but this league isn't what I hoped for. Besides the fact I inherited a side with the first ten picks already done ( and most of those picks haven't been on the field), and even though I hardly have the ability to field a side, every week I contribute on here yet I feel almost every week the team I play never posts or comments.

2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

from Rd1......

It's full time at the Chinchilla Showgrounds and the local team has prevailed over the visiting Boozers from Mt.Thirsty by 1353 to 1216 (subject to verification)
    BOG for The Chumps were Naitanui 153, Hall 129 Armitage 100
    while Mt.Thirsty were well served by the Mitchell boys, Sammy 130 and Tommy 127 and the 200gamer Ritschitelli with 108.

Chinchilla also had some stand out performances in the 2's who were up against the Gurulmundi Gnats in the local league with Caddy 116,Mclean 90 and Sexton 83. These performances may earn them a call up next week to face the Maralinga Atoms.

Agree with you there, regards postings, not sure about the draft as I can't remember.

I try and post progress scores and a match report if I'm the home team. Unfortunately I've been away this weekend up bush and was unable to. It'll probably be tomorrow now once I check out what transpired in Rd9.

What annoys me the most, is I quite often see posts from some of our ORFFF members on other forums/blogs, but they don't seem to have enough available time to even bother posting their team in this thread, let alone submit progress scores or match report.

I'm a little disappointed with that as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I call BS
    The first 6 picks were made, not 10 and you didn't "inherit" it you were offered it.
    The 6 picked prior to your first pick were;
    Tom Rockliff
    Tom Mitchell
    Brett Deledio
    Grant Birchall
    Matthew Lobbe
    Steven Motlop

Some bad luck in there, but you picked 24 players yourself bud.

• Like Like x 1
  4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Not sure what you are expecting mate? I remember you and I had a bit of banter in Round 6. Not heaps, but still...

5. anthak

Given that its pretty easy to make a comment in a thread, even on a mobile phone, its not surprising to me that it would happen more often. Posting a team is a different story as it takes time and is easier with a keyboard etc... and progress scores are a whole 'nother ball game hey. Everyone has their own priorities too.

I love all of it, its great to see, but I certainly don't expect it. Everyone will do what they can or want to.

I do think that more people have been posting teams recently anyway, which is great. I appreciate the time people are putting in. Its been good reading what everyone has been contributing :)

And @TheTassieHawk especially, great job with the weekly previews and reviews! and for keeping the stats records up to date :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

The 29ers have carried on with the job on Sunday giving them a sizable victory over the Glow-worms (@ViQBoZ) 1351-1111.

A more detailed review is posted at
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/black-swamp-29ers-team-thread.89097/

In the 2's curtain-raiser Michael Barlow collected 75 possessions and coach TTH expects him to press strongly for selection for next week despite falling short of the 80 possession target the coaching group set him pre-game.

• Like Like x 2
  7. anthak

For interests sake, Ive had a quick look over the weekly threads. Thanks again to @TheTassieHawk for posting all the threads in the op.
    Here's a bit of a snapshot, but it may not be accurate...

R1: 39 posts - 5 teams posted
    R2: 35 posts - 13 teams
    R3: 39 posts - 8 teams
    R4: 31 posts - 8 teams
    R5: 28 posts - 10 teams
    R6: 45 posts - 11 teams
    R7: 35 posts - 11 teams
    R8: 24 posts - 11 teams
    R9: 27 posts (so far, including this one, and will be more to come) - 10 teams posted

Good effort I reckon.

Interesting to get a season low in round 1 and then a season high in round 2! They are both outliers, and excluding them, it seems there has been more engagement over time, except for the season low for total posts last week :(
    Also, interesting to note that the 3 weeks of 11 teams being posted were not the same 11 teams each week.

Again, I should reiterate that there has never been any expectation on everyone to post teams and the like, Ive just looked this up cause I was curious, and I may as well be transparent with it... but in saying that, I do enjoy reading everyone's personal contributions to the threads, and it is great to see people engaged... Good work all and keep em coming :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Agree, you are my only opponent who has bothered to respond to any form of banter in the last 7 rounds with the majority not even posting teams when it comes to who I have come up against.

I wish I posted a comment like this earlier as its generate discussion which is good to see in here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. choppers

Sorry Len, that I haven't posted a Match Report yet. I've been home from my adventure up in the Thai jungle just over 2 hrs and I've been waiting for Champion Data to re-evaluate Heath Shaw's score of 203, but it looks like that was his final score.....and The Chumps have probably got done by about 40-50.WTF!!!!!! I'll get one done soon as I pick myself up off the floor....;)

• Like Like x 3
  10. anthak

I didn't have a single player score in triple figures this week!

Well done on the win @MrsBear - well played

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

The Fugitives have secured their third win on the back of a comfortable victory over the young Walpole side. Whilst 3 and 6 is less than ideal the Fugitives now find themselves only a game out of the 8 and face a massive game this week against Dingo Beach as 10th plays 12th. Pendlebury's hot run of form continued with 140, Rampe stepped up with 125 whilst Shiel, Gunston and Watts all tonned up.

For Walpole Lycett led the way with 113 and was supported by young Zac Merrett who scored a neat 100. 2 metre Peter Wright impressed with 95 and it is only a matter of time before this young group snares a win.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

No worries:) he certainly proved to be the difference ! Tbh I thought I'd still lost, clearly my math needs work ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. choppers

RD9 Cockburn Avengers 1397 def Chinchilla Chumps 1357.

The visiting Avengers arrived early Thursday evening, settled into their accommodation at The Commercial, then ventured downstairs to the Beergarden where they consumed plenty of the best and biggest steaks going around, and also found time to partake in the weekly "meat tray" raffles, before hitting the cot. However all winners were locals, which is the norm for this country town...;););)

The game started under overcast skies at The Showground with The Chumps gaining an early advantage through JPK's 119 and Grundy, down back, getting 118, his best score for the season, up against Tippett's 141, playing mainly in the forward line and at QTR Time, The Chumps led 237-141.
    The 2nd QTR was more even with Naitanui 106, Kerridge 105 and Caddy 77, holding sway against the visitor's Treloar 115, Thomas 93 and Hampson 91, and at "oranges", The Avengers had wrested the lead away, 801-645.

After a stern address by The Chumps coach,The Local team came out breathing fire to start the 3rd, and got off to a good start with Zorko 120, doing well in a mid/fwd position and Picken 126 and Harmes with 99, both coming off the Interchange bench, and it looked like, for the briefest of moments, that The Chumps would prevail. However, this was not to be.
    Enter stage left, one Heath Shaw, who managed to pound out a massive 203, ably supported down back, by Zac Williams with 107, while in the middle, Ward took control with 124, and at 3/4 Time, the Avengers had used all their 90 rotations, but were well in control with a score of 1397.
    The 4th QTR, saw Montagna 99, and Armitage 91, try their hearts out to bridge the gap of 230 for The Chumps, but when the final cow bell was rung, Chinchilla had come up 40 points short of their target to lose the game 1397-1357.
    BOG:
    Shaw 203 (Cockburn)
    2. Tippett 141 (Cockburn)
    1. Picken 126 (Chinchilla)

A Special Mention must be made of Heath Shaw whose 203 swung the game in The Avenger's favour, while not forgetting Dayne Zorko, who scored 120, for The Chumps and has now scored 100+ in every one of his 8 games so far this season, at an average of 118.6.

Both these players might just be the 1st two inductees into the ORFFF Hall of Fame......

RD10 sees the 3rd placed Chumps at home to the 6th placed " little yellow waddling things" from Jan Juc
    while The Avengers 5th, welcome Mole Creek 7th to Cockburn.

• Like Like x 4
  14. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Round 9 ORFFF action saw Neptune Island lead all weekend before a narrow victory in the Seb Ross vs Jack Steven head to head slugfest in the final stanza helped them to defeat Drouin by 23 points to remain undefeated at 9-0 ahead of the Dropbears at 8-1.

The “Shaw-vengers” defeated the 3rd placed Chumps by 40 points in an epic comeback to notch up their 5th straight win after even Cockburn Coach @Len had appeared to give up all hope at the midway point.

4th placed Black Swamp defeated Mole Creek in the Tassie Tussle which saw the Taswegians slide to 7th place due to the wins of Cockburn and Jan Juc (who defeated Dingo Beach).

Useless Loop have snatched 8th spot (344 points ahead of Maralinga who they defeated in Round 9) at the expense of the Butchers who suffered their 5th straight loss. Mt Thirsty also suffered a 5th straight defeat as they went down to Wedge Island, while Port Lincoln and Rutherglen defeated the Shags and Woylies respectively.

• Like Like x 2
  15. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

None of which has ever been required. Not everyone is going to be pressured into what outspoken others want them to do.

16. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Not with the spuds around them. Deciding who to delist come MSD (which is the only thing I have to look forward to at this stage) is a bit like:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the summary TTH.
    Noahs still pinching themselves to be sitting undefeated after nine rounds.
    A favourable draw and some narrow wins has us punching above our weight with an average of 1287 and only 3 x 1300+ scores.

Hats off to the Bears for a sterling matchup last week.

Seb Ross soon to be Knighted.

• Like Like x 1