ORFFF 2017 Round 1

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Round 1 of season 2 is fast approaching and all 16 clubs are no doubt awaiting AFL team selection hopefully as they look to start the season with a win.

The Round 1 fixture with 2016 H&A ladder positions is:-

Drouin Dropbears (1st) vs Neptune Island Noahs (2nd)
    The Grand Final Replay sees the Dropbears seeking to rebound from their 1265-1467 smashing in the big dance.
    http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&round=22&year=2016
    The Noah's hold a 2-0 record in H-2-H clashes and will be looking to make it 3 straight.

Cockburn Avengers (5th) vs Macquarie Island Whales (4th as Chinchilla)

Cockburn played Mac Island (Chinchilla) in the Semi Finals (Round 20), and ended their season in losing 1162-1168.
    http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&round=20&year=2016
    Their previous clash saw the Avengers narrowly get home inspired by Heath Shaw's Round 9 double ton. The match will be a tough initiation for @darren, whose 5 listed rucks stuffed up and booked a boys trip to Bali for March leaving David Astbury as oop 1st Ruck.

For the other 6 matches the teams played in Round 9 of 2016 with the victors being those who finished higher on the 2016 ladder. The Round 9 results and thread for 2016 are at
    http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14&round=9&year=2016
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-2016-round-9.89476

Mole Creek Glow-Worms (8th) vs Black Swamp 29ers (3rd) - the 29ers will look to break a club record 3 game losing streak as they defend their bragging rights in the Tassie Tussle.

Maralinga Atoms (11th) vs Useless Loop Virgins (7th) - this match will see @Brett Sanders and @YAD69 battle it out in the ORFFF debut for the Maralinga coach.

Jan Juc Ducks (6th) vs Dingo Beach Butchers (13th) - @thokash has recruited strategically and his side will pose a formidable challenge for the 3rd and final ORFFF debutant @Dale Duivesteyn.

Mt Thirsty Boozers (14th) vs Wedge Island White Pointers (10th)
    - the Boozers offseason trade frenzy will see almost a brand new lineup run out for Round 1

Rutherglen Fugitives (9th) vs Walpole Woylies (16th) - 2 teams that should improve greatly this season, the home side will be favoured to take the 4 points over their young opponents.

Heard Island Shags (15th) vs Port Lincoln Power (12th) -
    the Power from Port Lincoln will be hard to beat, with the Heard Island team looking to break a 7 game losing streak.

Team entry can be done at http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=14 (just click the green button under Submit Team).

If I remember correctly in 2016 the ORFFF had a partial lockout for Thursday night matches. You should make sure that any Carlton and Richmond players are in their spots before the Thursday night game starts. For the 3 new coaches please post below if you have any questions and no doubt someone will be happy to provide an answer.

Good luck all.

• Like Like x 8
  2. TheTassieHawk

The Round 9 wrap from last season was as follows:-

• Like Like x 2
  3. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Just want to say how excited I am for the season to begin!! It's been an incredibly long pre-season down at the worm farm, good luck to all this season!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. TheTassieHawk

Well said mate, as the visitors this week we have been looking forward to our return clash down South. Grigg is our only likely player Thursday night and will be part of the advanced party with the bulk of the team will arriving Friday mid-day after the trip across on the Spirit

The 29ers logistics staff will welcome any handy hints on places to stay during the trip.

We may depart late Sunday if we decide to head back to the Swamp before the Round 2 match away to Drouin, otherwise we will be able to stay on for longer and then head North on the Tuesday morning as part of an extended road trip.

• Like Like x 2
  5. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

If my memory serves (I tried searching, but it might have been in the Round forums) but someone trialled live scores at one point last year. Is that something that will be possible again this year? In the past when I can be bothered I've run a spreadsheet with scores from FootyWire, but it looked as though these were live through TS. Anyway, interested in live scores obviously and if whoever did it (again, sorry for not remembering!) hit me up with a PM if you need any help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTassieHawk

hey mate, I was trying it out last year, won't have any time for the first 2-3 weeks but can hunt out the old spreadsheet

it was only really a stop-gap as the ideal solution is TS gets set up to extract scores after each 1-2 games over the weekend to show progress ORFF* scores (not just ORFFF) as it should overcome a lot of mistakes and messy processing

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

FF is set to lockout tomorrow night, is that correct?

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

No its meant to be full lock on friday.
    Someone will need to set it up

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

10. Dale Duivesteyn

Dale Duivesteyn Well-Known Member

sorry, not sure on what you guys would like me to do as admin? happy to help out, but yeah, not sure what needs helping with.

11. anthak

In tsLeagues you can select which game the full lockout occurs. Change it off the ric car game and make it the friday night game.

12. Dale Duivesteyn

No worries, it shall be done!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dale Duivesteyn

looks like someone beat me to it! haha

• Like Like x 1
  14. anthak

Cool, good stuff

15. anthak

Heard Island are happy to have a home game first up this season.
    Hopefully you can find the way ok, @MrsBear

We're going to name a couple of emergencies and name the remaining squad tomorrow.

Brandon Ellis is Mid emergency
    Matt Kreuzer is Ruck emergency

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheTassieHawk

@Darran, in case you aren't aware we can name out of position players in our lineup, so if for example none of the Whales 5 rucks are playing you can put Astbury (or any other player) as R1 or Ruck emergency and get half points for his score rather than play with 14.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Fugitives welcome the Woylies to harvest time in the wine region.

New recruit Cotchin is locked and loaded in the guts for the Fugitives - Full squad to follow on Friday

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Didn't even see these requests before I sorted it out - noticed a comment by @Len in the ORFFL chat thread and thought I should check ours :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

@TheTassieHawk Thanks for the extra advice.

I am very disappointed with my Ruck division and their application to their recovery from injury. Added to that I am not sure Darcey Cameron has done enough to force his way into my team at this stage and may need a few more games in my seconds team which competes as part of the highly competitive Macquarie Island local league.

• Like Like x 2
  20. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Mole Creek will be led out in season 2 by Captain Patrick Cripps, Charlie Curnow (e) and debutant Sam Petrevski-Seton (e).

Anthony Miles just missed the cut and Corey Ellis requires some reserves time before being considered.