ORFFF 2017 Round 13

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by That KI Guy, Jul 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Must've been my strong drafting!

Been an up and down season for me. Started strong with 3 wins in a row to start the season, and have won the last 4, but all games in between were losses.

• Like Like x 1
  2. anthak

Also, I should say I don't really expect to win any more games and i doubt I'll make the finals.

3. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Quality subterfuge.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

ORFFF Round 13 has seen Mt Thirsty @leematty1 and Walpole @port_leschenault maintain their spots at the front of the grid with contrasting 268 and 96 point victories over Nangkita @Dale Duivesteyn and Mole Creek @ViQBoZ repsectively.

Rutherglen @tyze1, Jan Juc @thokash and Neptune Island @That KI Guy were defeated by Maralinga @Brett Sanders, Heard Island @anthak and Macquarie Island @Darran respectively, with the Shags club record score enabling them to smash the Ducks by 264 points in a club record margin win for visitors as well as a club record loss for the home side. The remaining winners were Drouin @stowie, Useless Loop @YAD69 and Port Lincoln @MrsBear who accounted for Wedge Island @Bearfly, Black Swamp and Cockburn @Len and the Dropbears win saw them move up 2 spots and into the top 4 for the first time in 2016.

The weekends results leave Walpole with 2 chances to seal a top 4 spot with the Fugitives, Ducks, Whales and Noahs all a game and a half behind in a 5 team tie on 8-5 as the regular season enters the final fortnight. At this stage the points scored tiebraker looms as a potential determining factor for deciding the teams that will enter the finals with the all important double chance. Having broken a 4 game losing streak Useless Loop will look to maintain a spot in the 8 ahead of the “W-L-W-L-W” form sequence Atoms and the 4 wins in a row Shags as Cockburn, Wedge Island and Nangkita join the 3 other teams eliminated from finals contention for season 2017.

The Boozers 7th straight victory leaves them with the 5th longest winning streak in ORFFF history while the Bucks stretch their “haven’t won since moving to Nangkita” streak to the 4th longest in ORFFF history 8 losses in a row with the 29ers moving into 6th worst all time with their 6th straight loss.

• Like Like x 4
  5. TheTassieHawk

Congratulations also must to Drouin's @stowie Patrick Dangerfield (#1pick in the inaugural draft) who has officially confirmed himself as the back to back winner of the Patrick Dangerfield Medal for ORFFF Best and Fairest overcoming a full body transplant procedure at half time to take the 5 votes as BOG in the match against the White Pointers and open up a 12 vote lead over Marcus Bontempelli who failed to poll but remains in 2nd place on the leaderboard.

Sam Dochery, Matthew Kreuzer and Elliot Yeo all currently lead the polling in the Defender, Ruck and Forward of the season races respectively with a number of contenders still in the running for those honours with a maximum 10 votes still up for grabs.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

[INSERT] poor [/INSERT] :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. anthak

I initially had doubts about whether the league b&f should be called the Dangerfield... but now that he's won it twice in a row, im sold on the idea. What an ORFFF legend!

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTassieHawk

Fortunately Danger was 2nd BOG in the 2016 decider otherwise their may have been confusion with the ORFFF Norm Smith equivalent, which for consistency should probably now be called the Seb Ross medal !

• Like Like x 2