ORFFF 2017 Round 2

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

The boozers unbeaten start looks set to continue against the glow worms. 12-1189 v 7-528.

Scores 82 and above vs 81 and below;
    Boozers 11-1
    Glow worms 1-6

Glow worms will need a Herculean effort to win from here.

Boozers are chasing down their all time high score of 1447 today.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hey folks, sorry I didn't even get to submit my team this week in tsLeagues.
    I was preoccupied Thursday & Friday caught up in the floods in northern NSW, and didn't do it.
    Sounds like my round 1 team rolled over, hopefully it was good enough.

• Option 1 Option 1 x 1
  3. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Dissapointing end for the boozers. Our last three scores were the lowest of the round and our all time high score can't be beaten. Still a nice win approx 1397-1160

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

Correct me if I have it wrong @Brett Sanders but it looks like Macquarie Island have stepped up in their 2nd week of a 3 week road trip around Australia finishing with 1,231.5 (not sure if you round up or down a OOP score) against Malinga's 1091.

James Harmes playing out of his skin as a fill in Ruck with a huge 105 (reduced to 52.5), and big contributions from our forward line which pulled in 425 with big performers Will Hoskin-elliot with 120 and Shaun Higgins with 130 ended up being the difference between the two sides. A few of our other players (I am looking at you Aaron Hall with your pathetic 44) will be fronting up this week for some extra training sessions.

The Atoms disadvantaged by the late withdrawal of Goldstein never really got going with the exception of Martin with 118 & ex Whale Mackie playing a big game against his old team with an impressive 99.

Macquarie Island head to Useless Loop with a spring in their step - but knowing they have to lift another notch to compete with the Virgins.

• Like Like x 2
  5. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

The Ducks 1,282 def by the Virgins 1,313

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Apologies for not responding to this until today - still in a world of pain with my back (mainly due to trying to avoid any strong meds while I wait to get in to see physio).

We have (and this includes all the ORFF*'s) historically adhered to the teams loaded into TSleagues - the onus is on us, the coaches, to ensure we review the team we have selected in there and hit the save button (I have drilled in to @MrsBear to hit the save button even if she hasn't made any changes).
    Unless anyone has reason to protest, this shall always be the ruling.

• Like Like x 4
  7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Useless Loop (@YAD69) took a 2-1 lead over Jan Juc (@thokash) in their all time Head to Head as they posted a 31 point win over the Ducks. The win was not enough to hold on to top spot as Mt Thirsty (@leematty1) coasted to a 235 point win over a much improved Mole Creek (@ViQBoZ) side to sit #1 after the opening fortnight.

The reigning premiers Neptune Island (@That KI Guy) consolidated their customary spot in the ORFFF top 4 after an 81 point win over the Woylies (@port_leschenault) while Heard Island (@anthak) round out the undefeated top 4 sides after they defeated Dingo Beach (@Dale Duivesteyn) by 37 points in another close match.

By far the unluckiest team of the week was Port Lincoln, as @MrsBear 's side side posted their all time highest score but were still no match for Rutherglen (@tyze1) as the Fugitives bounced back as expected from a sub-par effort in Round 1 to move to 5th spot with the weeks highest score.

In the remaining 3 games Drouin (@stowie), MacQuarie Island (@darren) and Wedge Island (@Bearfly) notched up their 1st wins of the season defeating Black Swamp, Maralinga (@Brett Sanders) and Cockburn (@Len) respectively. The White Pointers were the most fortunate team of week as they posted the 6th lowest winning score in history as the 2nd matchup between the sides fell a long way short of their spectacular first up effort. Cockburn's score was their lowest (or least epic) ever all time.

• Like Like x 6
  8. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Another close loss not exactly what I was after, well played Virgins.

Going OK though, waiting on Ablett and Hannebery to hit top form, and Hanley to hopefully return this week should boost the underperforming midfield.

• Like Like x 3
  9. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Noahs 1344 def Woylies 1262

In a stellar match up that many would have scoffed at (were it late 2016), the Woylies have certainly come to play this season.
    With P_L's sixth birthday celebrations rudely interrupted with the inconvenience of entering his team, the match eventually got under way.
    With NRoo playing the chocolate wheel on his return date, the visitors were left second guessing on the forward line they would need to quell.
    This slight of hand gave the Noahs a jump start and left the Bettong defensive stuttering for the entire game.
    With both engine rooms firing, and Yeo the Burnman holding true to hos usual early season form, this one went right down to the wire.
    Unfortunately, Blakely left his "A game" on the bench and despite a cameo from Tarrant, the Woylies couldn't quite get up.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Another week of poor form would be much appreciated by the 29ers.

11. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

How the hell did I manage to win @Len - the Pointers are in woeful form at present and I honestly didn't have any expectations from them - surely the Avengers aren't tanking already (or are they all off elsewhere saving the world :p )

12. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I blame tippet, complete flog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3