ORFFF 2019 MSD trade and draft discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by That KI Guy, Jun 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I am currently discussiong a trade of rather massive proportions.
    And I 100% percent do not want to deal with the noise (static) created if I were to name the players.
    Unfortunately if someone says Dangerfield is available for trade, everyone thinks they have the right offer, I've been there and dealt with the outrage when I didn't think that 6 spuds and 2 picks would be enough, because, ya know, we all think differently.
    I pretty much always state, "all players are on the table in some form".
    that's enough airing for my 2c

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Think maybe it's time for me to add my 2 cent's worth to the inter-island trade with a couple of responses, but keep in mind that this trade actually follows in line with my recent trade and draft strategy of reducing the age profile of my list with the aim to be a contender for several years - something I think all coaches in ORFFF would have to agree is starting to pay off considering how I have risen up the ladder in 2019 compared to where I was last season!!!

Menegola 27yo after spending 1 year at Hawthorn and 3 years at Fremantle for 0 games, ave 99 from 6 games 2016; 100 from 19 2017; 100 from 22 2018; 82 from 7 2019 - currently injured with no guarantee of walking straight back in when fit; also appears to have had a bit of a role change this season with less midfield time.
    Bonner 22yo ave 76 from 1 game 2016; 78 from 2 2017; 64 from 19 2018; 66 from 9 2019 playing predominately across half back in all games - however, knowing that he is earmarked to eventually move to the wing he has far greater potential to improve (and anyone who watched his game primarily playing on the wing against the Saints in China would clearly see this).
    WIWP 2020 round 4 PSD currently stands at #57
    NIN 2020 round 2 PSD currently stands at #27
    When you actually look at it, Bonner at 21 has far more scope to improve compared to Menegola at 27, which if you look at my most recent trading and draft strategies, comes into line with having a younger demographic across my squad.
    I have also improved my PSD standing by 30 places, and now hold 2 2nd round PSD picks which I can either use, or possibly turn into an even better position.
    If you actually look back to where I was placed on the ladder at this time last season compared with now, you would have to agree that my recent trading and draft strategy is starting to pay dividends.
    But tbh, I am getting sick and tired of seemingly having to justify the trades that I do in this league, and if it continues then ORFFF will be needing to find 2 new coaches because both myself and Nicky and getting sick and tired of the ridiculous "low-ball" trade offers that seem to come our way constantly from 2 or 3 coaches!!!

That's a pretty speculative comment tbh.
    For the record, I have only had 2 coaches enquire about Menegola since season 2019 started - one I wasn't impressed with the proposal and one which I was happy with, so I went with the one I preferred.
    There is no way you, or anyone, can say that I would've got a better return from Auction - and there is nothing that says that I HAVE to place a player on auction!!!
    If I prefer to deal with coaches 1 on 1 rather than Auction a player, then that is my prerogative, nobody can force me to put a player up for auction!!!

Let's set the record straight for all ORFFF coaches to see - this is your exact offer sent to me via PM:

"Would kruze be of interest?
    Something like kruze and burgess(I know you don’t really want him but he did score 70 last game, gives dpp benefit to maybe fill a gap when required) my MSD round 2 pick and 2020 PSD round 5 pick I have from walpoles for ceglar and Menegola and A 2020 PSD round 3 pick if you have that still"

Kreuzer - 30yo who has played 17 or more games in only 5 of his 12 seasons (and only ever played a full 22 game season twice) - currently averaging 96 in 2019, but this is only the 4th of 12 seasons he has averaged 90+ - definitely not the type of player to offer a coach who has clearly demonstrated he is reducing the age profile of his list.
    Burgess - 23yo mature age recruit playing his first season and averaging only 42 in his 8 games (with 5 of those games scoring below his ave). A player that I had mentioned to you in our "conversation" that I had no interest in (which you even acknowledged that in your proposal).
    Boozers round 2 MSD pick which was directly after my round 2 pick, which was useless to me because I had only planned to delist 2 players for the MSD and therefore wouldn't use your pick.
    Boozers round 5 2020 PSD pick which currently stands at around #74
    When I told you I had no interest in Kreuzer you offered Ryder as part of the same deal - a 31yo who has only ever played a full 22 game season twice since his 2007 debut season. A player who despite being capable of scoring well, everyone can see he is clearly in decline, and in fact comes out of contract at the end of the season and his future is up in the air, especially with the emergence of Ladhams (and Hayes).
    And you wanted from me:
    Menegola - 27yo after spending 1 year at Hawthorn and 3 years at Fremantle for 0 games, ave 99 from 6 games 2016; 100 from 19 2017; 100 from 22 2018; 82 from 7 2019 - currently injured with no guarantee of walking straight back in when fit; also appears to have had a bit of a role change this season with less midfield time.
    Ceglar - 28yo DPP Ruck who has clearly improved this season and is averaging 75, and my only playing ruckman atm.
    My 2020 PSD round 3 pick which would currently stand at around #41
    So in summary, you wanted a DPP F/M averaging 82 (granted he's currently injured) + my only currently playing ruckman who is averaging 75 + pick #41 as it stands ---> in exchange for an aging ruckman who hasn't played a full season for a while (granted still averaging 80's - 90's) + a non-fantasy relevant player who you thought so highly of that you delisted him + a MSD pick I had no use for + a PSD pick that would set me back 2 rounds!!!
    How the hell is that offer more than what I got from Neptune Island???

• Like Like x 1
  3. Len

All coins have two sides.
    Let's move on with a little more awareness :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

The 29ers will be putting Westhoff up for trade.

Dropped from the AFL this week in part due to the return of Charlie Dixon the Hoff is F/R eligible and averaging 75ppg in 2019 after a career best 102 avg in 2018

He would only be of interest to teams in need of ruck, forward or IC help for a 2019 tilt and who expect him to be back in the 1's (and playing a SC friendly role) by Round 18 or 19 as finals commence. As such his price will be cheap.

Wanted in return - a warm body of any age capable of stepping into the 29ers injury ravaged best XV for Round 15. Or alternatively a youngster who is playing regular AFL footy (ie at least 8 games played in 2019 or a full season in 2018). In either case I would consider exchanges of PSD picks as required to balance the deal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

A couple of younger players are also up for trade.

Willem Drew - highly capable when he plays currently the perpetual 23rd player at Port Adelaide but definitely a solid 3rd year player, F/M in 2019 but may be MID only in 2020.
    Tom Cutler - again highly capable, MID only in 2019 but previously a DEF, not quite cracking the Lions 26 but undoubtedly good enough to play at another club in 2020.

Wanted in return - someone capable of stepping into the 29ers injury ravaged best XV for Round 15. Anyone in the 21-26yo age bracket preferred. Or alternatively a youngster who is playing regular AFL footy (ie at least 8 games played in 2019 or a full season in 2018). In either case I would consider exchanges of PSD picks as required to balance the deal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Len

Wanting to trade in a playing mid or playing ruck, not looking to underpay, please hit me up asap if you have a spare in either or both slots and see if we can work out something mutually beneficial

7. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Ok Boozers are still open for trade

Although everyone is up for discussion, main targets available include (some worth a bit and some worth not much):
    - D Clarke
    - M Murphy
    - M Kruezer
    - P Ryder
    - B Gibbs
    - J Trengove
    - J Murdoch
    - J Thurlow
    - J Rotham
    - L Franklin
    Boozers also have all their MSD picks as well as the 2020 PSD picks 1, 4, 4(whales), 5(walpoles), 6(29ers)

We are after any players that would slot straight into our starting 15, forwards most in need of...

8. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Mole Creek are looking for a ruck (ideally one with 2+ years left and spends more time on the park than in the recovery room) and are willing to discuss deals involving Christian Petracca, Touk Miller and our full complement of draft picks to make something happen.

• Like Like x 2