ORFFF 2019 Round 1

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by tyze1, Mar 21, 2019.

1. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

If my maths is right, the Boozers beat the Shags 1257-1177.

Some high scoring players for the shags with crouch with 138 and fyfe with 147 and Lloyd with 131. While the boozers has Rocky’s 138 and Newman’s 134.

Ultimately a donut and libba in the ruck being the difference for the Shags

• Like Like x 2
  2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Avengers managed 1140 odd

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Dammit, I didn’t realise I was going to munch a donut! I set up my team in such a rush and evidently didn’t check the teams well enough.

I had a basketball semi final on Thursday night at 7pm and tried to do my ORFF and SC teams after AFL teams were announced at 6:25, and still had a 10min drive to the stadium, and hoped to warm up prior to my game! As it turned out I arrived at the stadium only just before 7, but luckily there was a delay to my game tipping off so I got to warm up ok... and we won through to the granny :)

I also completely forgot we’d have a split lockout until I realised after Friday.

Oh well. I hadn’t expected to win anyway, but I’m happy with how several of my players have performed round 1, including Sexton who was an emergency in my forward line with a score of 93.

Well done @leematty1 good first up win for you

• Like Like x 2
  4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I just seen that I ate a donut in the ORFFA too! Terrible selections by me in ORFF this week all around :(

5. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Woylies take the choccies over the Noahs this week.
    A hot mess of team selection for the Noahs, with plenty of points left on the bench and in the locker room.
    Our engineroom needs a good roast after that effort.
    Credit to @port_leschenault as he looped his brains out on Thursday night to great effect.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Congrats to the Fugitives, wayyy too good for the Hapless Avengers

• Like Like x 1
  7. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, nice to scrape the win with a midfield engine that still needs to get rid of the cobwebs.

Also yikes that Rutherglen score. :eek: @tyze1 putting the rest of us on notice with that for an opening round salvo.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

ORFFF Round 1 highlights
    The Fugitives @tyze1 effortlessly surpassed the 1400 point barrier first up (repeating their 2018 effort) in convincingly defeating Cockburn (@Len) by a club record 334 points (1481 to 1147).

2018 Premiers Maralinga @Brett Sanders also easily eclipsed the hallowed mark (1445) in posting the ORFFF’s 3rd highest ever winning margin of 458 points (also a club record) in a smashing of Wedge Island (987) @Bearfly that was the Atom’s 6th consecutive ORFFF victory.

The Dropbears @stowie extended their impressive run of form against the Whales @Darran with the ledger improving to 5 from 5 following a 121 point opening round win. The 5 victories is the most by any team against another opponent given most H2H matchups have only occurred 3 or 4 times over the 3 and a bit seasons of the ORFFF competition.

Walpole @port_leschenault broke through for their first ever win aginst the Noahs @That KI Guy - leaving the all time H@H 3-1 in Neptune Island’s favour - and in doing so also ended the visitors proud record of being the only team to have tasted victory in Round 1 of every ORFFF season to date.

The Ducks @thokash registered their first ever Round 1 win and left the defeated Glow-Worms @ViQBoZ as the only team to be winless from 4 Round 1 attempts while Jan Juc is now a perfect 4 from 4 against the Tassie side.

ORFFF Round 1 lowlights
    Port Lincoln @MrsBear copped a smashing from the Useless Loop @YAD69 side, as the Power managed the ORFFF’s 3rd lowest ever score of 807 points. The match aggregate of 2003 points was the ORFFF’s 2nd lowest ever.

The Shags @anthak aforementioned selection committee errors proved costly as an avoidable defensive donut saw Heard Island overrun by the Boozers @leematty1 by 43 points in the closest match of the round.

Nangkita @Dale Duivesteyn slumped to their 7th consecutive ORFFF loss and their 4th from 4 attempts against the 29ers, as the home side prevailed by 199 points.

• Like Like x 7