ORFFF Commish

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by Len, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Hi all,

We have got this far with TTH generously taking up the baton and getting us moving, now with the draft nearing completion and very few "rules" in place it's time we had someone elected/mandated to drive the bus.

Once that is sorted he/she can drive rules and get a team together to keep the league rolling.

Please stick your hand up below if you'd like the job, or nominate someone whom you'd like to do the job.

Also feel free to state that you don't want it, I am in that group.

We still have plenty of time but this is probably something we should lock away in the next week if possible.

Cheers

2. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

I can definitely say I don't want to be considered, maybe down the track but being fresh in the comp I would prefer to 'watch and learn'

• Like Like x 1
  3. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah no self nomination here.

TTH has done a fine job so far, so I nominate him for Commish.

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Maybe we could possibly consider a group of 3 to take on the role, that way it is not all being burdened on 1 person.
    If we do consider going this way then I am willing to put my hand up to be a member of the group, however I don't think I would be willing to take on the responsibility of being a sole Commish

5. jamabadar

jamabadar Moderator

I am willing to help out no idea what to do but certainly happy to perform a role.

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I am happy to help out too. I wouldnt mind being in the mix for commish, but im wary i probably dont have the time that id want to put in for that role.

I would like to nominate @port_leschenault ... if he is willing to accept the nomination.

7. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

coaches, am already on the ORFFU Board so its a bridge too far for me. TTH, Port both worthy candidates should they accept their noms

8. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestion guys but I don't wish to be Commish or part of a board.

I'm happy to give input and my opinion, but with casting an eye on helping ORFFL I don't want to take on any commitment that I may not be able to give the proper time needed too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

consider yourself nominated

10. Len

Not exactly being overwhelmed with candidates..

So far a number have offered to assist, but we need management also.
    Both @anthak and @Bearfly have stuck their hands up somewhat reservedly, and TTH has not indicated whether or not he wishes to accept a nomination.
    Personally I think the ideal would be a solo person, or even better a group of 3, if @TheTassieHawk is willing to play, I'd suggest we have a "leadership group" that should work well by default?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Len

Edited the above post as clearly I shouldn't type and teleconference at the same time, apologies to anyone who tried to read it before, I think it's now English :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bearfly

Just when I finally got my hands on a jibberish translator you go ahead and change it!!! :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. anthak

Haha, i read the email alert quickly and thought "gee Len's smarter than me." I was planning to have a proper read of it later to work out what you meant :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I support the idea of a Group/Board of 3, unless anyone particularly desires to be Commish with 2 others in support

Given these 3 gents have all self-nominated, and no-one else has, I believe the 3 spots have been filled for 2016 ?

I am likely to put my hand up in 2017, and would encourage others to do so as well if any of the 3 are happy to be "one and done" on the ORFFF Board.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Len

Done, elected by default, start doing shit :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bearfly

Tomorrow @Len - I've been out all day cooking a fundraising bbq and it's chill out time for a while before an early night :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. anthak

@TheTassieHawk I expected you to accept your nomination, and I was ready to throw my support behind you, after P_L didn't accept the nom I gave him...

Do you not want to do it in 2016?

Im also not sure on whether we need 3 people doing the job. I reckon 1 will suffice, with several other coaches helping out in different ways with different things.

18. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@anthak - thanks for the nomination, as indicated above upon consideration I have declined as I have no present desire to fill "the top job" for this season

19. anthak

@TheTassieHawk it has been more than a day since i asked you to confirm that you dont want to be commish for 2015. Given the nominations for you, and your willingness to take on the role in 2017, i thought you would be a good candidate.

20. anthak

Sorry, typing at same time.

No worries mate, your call.