ORFFF Draft Discussion/Banter et al

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Given its now 7 hours until Illuminati's 24 hours ends at 917am we need to decide between several alternative courses of action (if anyone else has a better option please feel free to share)

(1) - Autopick to apply, then 12 hour picks for the rest of the draft unless he can argue for 24 hours once he gets in touch

(2) - We freeze the draft at pick 4 and look to recruit another person, if Illuminati turns up first he can take the pick (I take it this is what PL is suggesting)

(3) - We freeze the draft at pick 4 and give Illuminati a deadline and if he doesn't meet it someone else drops out and we continue with 14 teams.

(4) - At 917am we continue the draft with picks 5 to 14 shuffling up 1 spot with PL having 24 hours to make pick 4. Assuming picks 4 to 14 take around a day and a bit we then have delayed the problem until sometime Wednesday and can then either freeze the draft at Pick 15 to proceed with 16 teams (Illuminati or a new recruit) or proceed with 14 teams

IMO this is now a situation that needs a fairly quick decision rather than a majority vote. As PL is next up at Pick 5 I recommend that either he makes this call unilaterally before 917am and we all live with it, or we keep things open for discussion to say 10am and then try to take a concensus call based on viewpoints shared as at 10am.

Cheers TTH

2. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

I wont have any time to be online today so if it does come to a vote, my preference is TTH's option 4 with 14 teams.
    Heres hoping that the next time i logon it will all be sorted.
    Cheers

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

My preference is 2 then 4, it's unfortunate if he has legitimate reason, but he has had ample time to let us know he would be off the grid, or to actually log in. Remember a fundamental of the league is participation and consideration for the rest of the coaches.

On another note, we may have to remove a bunch of players from our wish-list

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Personally, im not too fazed, except that i believe we should wait a bit to hear from illuminati before cutting them out. I do realise its not being suggested in any of the 4 options to cut them without waiting.

Also, i am still ok with dropping out if nobody shows up and its decided 14 teams is the best way forward.... however, I'll be keeping Nat Fyfe regardless! If i cant work out a way to get him over to Gariwerd, then he'll just have to hang out with the shags on Heard Island and smoke pot on the beach

• Like Like x 1
  5. stowie

stowie Moderator

I'd be up for some co-ownership if we do drop down to 14 and you'd still like to be involved.

• Like Like x 1
  6. anthak

Cool, that sounds good, if it comes to it... does that mean we would have Fyfe and Dangerfield

• Like Like x 1
  7. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

I'm really not fussed which way we go. Just don't want proceedings held up for too long.

FWIW I do recall illuminati confirming interest in the lead up to the site changeover and from what I have read in other posts here, TTH has been in contact and he is quite busy. If all this holds true and RL is just holding him back atm then perhaps TTH can at least touch base with him and get a player name from him so the selection can be made (while he's at it, confirm his unbridled committment).

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

FWIW my preference is for option 4 and if that is how we go while we wait for Iluminati's revised pick we will see if anyone else fails to show which will inform our next move.

Over to you for a call on the next step @port_leschenault

If anyone needs to get hold of @Illuminati to let him know the status quo and any deadlines and requirements both yourself and @Len have the most recent email sent at 146pm yesterday - I have not heard back but will post here if I get a direct reply without a cc to yourselves and @anthak

I may not be on again to around 4pm or 5pm so ViqBoz and anyone after me in the order please be patient if it gets to my pick !

9. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

How does continuing the draft make sense if another team (one of the 15) is having to drop out?

Happy to stall my pick til we decide what to do.

10. anthak

remember that if I end up needing to drop out too, I'll be keeping Fyfe anyway :)

11. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I'm short of time myself today so Option 4 looks the go for me.......

12. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

It would be handy to know our "another person" options.

Any one interested, or knowing someone who is, this would be a good time to indicate.

No point waiting for someone if there is no interest.

13. choppers

I agree with Len here, in so much "no point waiting for someone if there is no interest". We don't have the luxury of waiting another week or so, to see if we can get a replacement. I reckon we need to know before tomorrow if illuminati is still with us, or we take up Anthak's generous offer, and go with 14 teams. I'm offline in another hr and won't be back on til about 10- 11pm tonight AESDT.

14. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hi all. If Ant wants to stay on, then I'm happy to jump in if you end up needing an extra person. I already have an ORFFA team so I have a rough idea how it all works. But as Ant is already involved, you should probably find out if he'd prefer to stay or go in the event that Illuminati is unable to participate.

Cheers, JC

• Like Like x 2
  15. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

If we're dropping down to 14, then surely the draft would have to start again from Pick 2.

• Like Like x 1
  16. anthak

Good one JC, I would prefer to stay on if possible

Cant have Nat Fyfe being all lonely over on Heard Island

17. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you sure that's not just the recent Fyfe acquisition talking? :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. anthak

haha, maybe its part of it :)
    but not much. I wouldnt have even started the draft if I didnt want to be in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  19. choppers

OK I gotta go now, but going by the posts above, it appears we have our 16th team again, either illuminati shows up or JC takes over, and Anthak gets to keep Nathaniel there with all the other Shags..... Great news JC, thanks. Hoping it's resolved by the time I log back on tonight. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. anthak

:) :like: