ORFFF Draft Discussion/Banter et al

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

it's now a full week since the site moved and no login achieved.

We all know is just how seriously you have to take this, or you are just going to be weight in everyone else's saddle bags, I recall with significant dismay our first draft and how inevitably the ones who kept everyone waiting also ended up not lasting beyond 12 months, slightly unkeeper..

Suggest in fairness we extend the 24 hours already expired to 36 and at 9:17pm the team is either Illuminati's or JC's and they take or have taken the long anticipated pick 4?
    A few have suggested early days that they would be fine with handing a team on once drafted, so that may be an option for illuminati if he resurfaces later?

2. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Happy if we just give lumi Jobe :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Len

lol

4. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the approach of giving Illuminati until tonight to surface, otherwise JC takes the pick.

I said previously I'd be prepared to be a place filler so that ORFFX newbies (like Illuminati!) could have a keeper league on TS, so could hand over Maralinga's license to him if he returns.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Your other option, in line with TTH's option 4, is to bump everyone up a pick and put Illuminati at pick 16 and see if they login by then? If they turn up and can participate, great, and if not then I'm available as a replacement.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

I know my preference would be for this as all my planning has been based on a 16 team draft, and I know Nicky has got her draft strategy together (with the assistance of a TS member not involved with ORFFF) based on 16 teams too

7. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

You guys have draft strategies?? I must be in the wrong place!

• Like Like x 4
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I hear ya!

9. Len

it doesn't change mate, if JC takes pick 4 we still have 16 teams, and if DamoH is prepared to hand over a squad to illuminati, presumably after we can get some elevated commitment, then we still get 16 teams with him.

The only variance is come 9:17, which team takes pick 4, personally and selfishly, because I don't want to have to redo all my sheets, plus the one online, I'd prefer it is taken by the team that drew 4, not 5.

10. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, as if you don't have a draft strategy Johnny - we're not that bloody silly mate :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Bear my personal view is that if you and Nicky help or assist each other in the draft at times that is fine, obviously the only no-no would be discouraging the other to take a player at their pick then taking them yourself shortly after which no doubt will receive repercusssions from the other partner.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Len

+1
    I intend to handicap Tracey by helping her as much as possible in the FA, whilst ensuring both of us act in the best interests of our own team.

13. TheTassieHawk

Regardless of the decision made we should all agree that if the comp is going to be cut to 14 teams then this must firstly be put up for vote for at least one full day as when I looked back at the out of order league discussion thread last night some of us were strongly in favour of 16 or 18 teams and we need to respect that. Draft planning IMO less so, but still valid.

14. TheTassieHawk

if Neptune Island beats Black Swamp in ORFFF competition I honestly don't think I will ever logon to TS again I'll be that scared of the sledging coming my way you coldhearted (expletive)

• Like Like x 1
  15. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

I think Len was outlining a clear plan and with JC's interest then planning to go down to 14 teams seems unnecessary now. If Damo offered a solution should Illuminati comes back then that's another potential problem solved too.

I think we should take that on board and any other scenarios (relating to this issue) deal with at that time. However, still preaching patience, so maybe give him tonight to log in/email people and then hand the reigns over to JC in the morning

Pinocchio aint got nothing on our Johnny.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheTassieHawk

Seems reasonable to me. So far it seems most or all seem to think we should go with JC as another double up, which provides a heap more of them than I personally am comfortable with, but what can you do. I can't see how this disadvantages any team or anyone other than @Illuminati. Let me know if anyone has JC's email address and I will send him the latest and greatest ORFFF spready (complete with CAS suspended players highlighted) - otherwise I will PM JC and wait for him to respond.

My suggestion is that we bring forward the Illuminati deadline to 8pm to allow for more picks tonight as there could be a few unexpected picks when we get back into it. I will email Illuminati to alert him mentioning that several owners have indicated he would be welcome to re-join even if he misses the extension.

To be fair we should stick with 917pm unless THIS post can get at least 3 likes which we will take as meaning at least 4 in favour including myself for JC to restart at 8pm. Please post below if you disagree with anything mentioned in this post (Edit - this next part added) OR if you think we should defer until Wednesday morning say 7am.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Len

8pm tonight works for me JC or Illuminati.
    It allows for us to get Illuminati to establish some commitment credential before handing him another team, it's entirely possible he misunderstood the level required.

18. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

i think i prefer P_L's suggestion of tomorrow morning, but I really dont mind what you all work out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

What?

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheTassieHawk

two separate thoughts joined into one is my best guess mate - I am losing it!

• Like Like x 1