ORFFF League Setup, rules and key dates discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Nov 27, 2012.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

anthak wrote:

yeah, Im in. Ive been trying to work out a team name, and Ive come up with one now.

My team will be the Heard Island Shags. Our home ground will be just near Try Pot beach on the North East coast of Heard Island, near Spit Bay...

</div>

Also, i am happy to drop out to even up numbers.

2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Agree. We need to have even numbers and I also reckon if we still want to start the PSD on the 11th, then the 15th and 16th Franchises need to be confirmed prior to Thursday, 7th Jan.

3. choppers

Getting the last pick in the PSD, you could say that Maralinga 'bombed' out........

and if we go with 14 teams, and insider has Pick 1, just like the original ORFFU PSD where he also had Pick 1, then I might suggest that there's been some 'insider trading' evident...

4. choppers

stowie wrote:

Yo good people.

Thanks to Ant for the heads up. I often forget we have a forum on TS :|

I am happy to jump in and even up the numbers. Is there already a franchise from Drouin? Do the Drop Bears exist? Can I be the Drouin Drop Bears? </div>

The Drouin Drop Bears.............I like it!

5. choppers

Ahh! looks like CRAFT is finally starting to set in.........sorry bout that!

6. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

thokash wrote:

Obviously everyone is keen, but my opinion/experience is it's really hard to get anything done before January. That goes for the draft, but more importantly finding coaches that are genuinely interested - I highly doubt too many are lurking around this time of year.

</div>
    I do my finest work lurking in the background!

7. insider

I don't really do 'veiled' tth, I'm more of a sledgehammer sort of guy.
    Regardless I'm happy to make up the numbers or continue to lurk. Depends on what y'all settle for as the league size and then how many that are keen.

8. insider

I favour 'movement' rather than delists. My ideal is 26 in a squad, minimum 4 movements required in the off/pre season. This can be in the form of delisting OR trading; so long as there are at least 4 differences in the end.

9. insider

TheTassieHawk wrote:

I have put up a new blog calling for any interested lurkers to get on board by Xmas
    http://tooserious.net/forum/Blog/tabid/90/Post/7946/Default.aspx

Please note there is now also a poll open regardingteam list size (closing 16th December)

[span style='text-decoration: underline; color: #0066cc;]http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/34/threadid/79106/scope/posts/Default.aspx [span style='color: #0066cc;] This is intended to be a 2 parter with the first open for 2 weeks, unless one option gains greater than 50% of the votes the 2 best supported options going head to head in a fresh poll once the first poll closes.

now back to clarifying or revisingthe (other)rules !! <div id='radePasteHelper' style='border: 0px solid red; border-image-source: none; left: -10000px; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;]</div> </div>

voted and still keen despite my 2 week TS absence due to moving house

10. insider

TheTassieHawk wrote:
    insider wrote:

voted and still keen despite my 2 week TS absence due to moving house </div>
    good to hear mate - could you please pm me your email address if you haven't already provided it

also when you get the chance be sure to advise your team name and/or start up a blog to make things official - nb there are still no ORFF* franchises with names starting with O,U,X,Y or Z or with nicknames starting with E,K,X,Y or Z </div>

im open to suggestions for team names. Ill pick the most random one anyone can offer

11. insider

oooh im partial to Sherwood Archers orEromanga Emus.
    Anyone else got anything exciting?

12. insider

ok so ive done a total about-face, stopped being lazy and come up with............. the Dingo Beach Butchers

13. insider

Len wrote:
    TheTassieHawk wrote:

welcome aboard PDP, Jamabadar and Bear to make 13 confirmed

also a 30 player list size won the poll

once we get the draft order sorted we should open a poll to decide the list size we take into the 2017 PSD -(20 was mentioned above but we might be able to increase slightly due to the larger in-season list size) - suggestions for poll options anyone?? </div>

Cutting a third maybe a bit harsh, I'd suggest 24, 25, 26 as max size options for PSD entry </div>
    +1 for 26 if mandatory delists/retirements/uneven trades are enforced

14. insider

choppers wrote:

Getting the last pick in the PSD, you could say that Maralinga 'bombed' out........

and if we go with 14 teams, and insider has Pick 1, just like the original ORFFU PSD where he also had Pick 1, then I might suggest that there's been some 'insider trading' evident... </div>

actually Chop my good man I had the very last pick in the FU draft.... and subsequently won the flag in the first year. So if someone wants to trade me first for last then by all means!

15. Illuminati

Illuminati Guest

Ooooooh yes! Count me in. I been waiting for this

16. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Hi All As previously posted on the TS Blog http://tooserious.net/Blog/tabid/90/P...we are looking to kick off with a new comp in 2016. As of today we have 13 people who have expressed interest in joining up
    anthak
    Bear
    DamoH
    grav
    Illuminati
    Len
    PHIL
    port_leschenault
    stowie
    TTH
    thokash
    tyze1
    ViQBoZ

some of these have indicated they are happy to be involved in order to make up the numbers before handing over to someone else at a future point in time
    For those of you on the list please contribute to the discussion here or monitor it weekly if at all possible
    If you aren't on this list but wish to join up feel free to let us know below and pm me your email address as well
    Cheers TTH

17. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Here are some quick thoughts on some organisational things that need to be worked out or scheduled - please contribute and feel free to bring up add any other issues I have missed

New comp name to be decided (asap) - these are some suggestions so far (as at 12/10)
    ORFFB (Band, Body, Brigade, Bunch)
    ORFFC (Challenge, Championship,Class, Club, Coalition, Collection, Collective,Competition,Confederation,Conference,Conglomerate, Congregation, Council, Crew, Crowd, Cup)
    ORFFD (Division)
    ORFFF (Faction, Federation)
    ORFFG (Gang, Group)
    ORFFH (Hybrid)
    ORFFN (Network)
    ORFFO (Order,Organisation)
    ORFFP (Pack, Party, Platoon, Pool) ORFFS (Series, Syndicate)
    ORFFT (Tournament, Troop, Trophy) 'Rules' to be discussed
    All coaches to indicate what interest they have in contributing to league organisation and admin and any periods of extended unavailability so that we can form a Commisioner/Committee set up to oversee operations through to the end of the 2016 Season
    Approximate Drafting Format and Dates to be determined

Final Number of Teams to be determined
    Team Names and Blogs on TS

Hold the draft

Organise the 2016 Competition Fixture

Again if there are any other issues I have missed please feel free to mention them and I will add them to this post

Cheers TTH

18. choppers

I have a suggestion for a name for the new Competition........ORFFF....... Outer Regional Football Fantasy Federation (Sports federations, each of which serves as a non-governmental governing body for a givensportand administers itssportat a world level, most often crafting rules, promoting thesportto prospective spectators and fans, developing prospective players, ...)

19. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Or perhaps ORFFH? Outer Regional Football Fantasy Hybrid.

20. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Great work keeping this rolling TTH, some initial thoughts below on your topics.
    New comp name to be decided (asap)- Not fussed, I like the regional name concept used for league and teams.
    'Rules' to be discussed - Loosely based on the current leagues makes sense, enough variation in them to create discussion
    All coaches to indicate what interest they have in contributing to league organisation and admin and any periods of extended unavailability so that we can form a Commisioner/Committee set up to oversee operations through to the end of the 2016 Season - Happy to help where required, prefer to assist than manage anything
    Approximate Drafting Format and Dates to be determined- We might want two drafts, one to partially fill teams and then another prior to season start to focus on AFL draftees, though doing both as one would be interesting and add variety.
    Final Number of Teams to be determined - not fussed but even number preferred to avoid weekly byes
    Team Names and Blogs on TS - I have had a name ready for weeks :)

Re the keeping a team or minding it, I would be keeping the one I start.