ORFFL 2016 R1: Help is at Hand

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by HörnsySechsZeit, Mar 24, 2016.

By HörnsySechsZeit on Mar 24, 2016 at 12:34 PM
  1. HörnsySechsZeit

HörnsySechsZeit Jarhead Staff Member

ORFFL logo 2 point 0 tilt working file.jpg
    Rightio-o. The ORFFL is back in town! And you know what that means? Actual FOOTBALL begins again!

What's more is @walesy has this amazing new, ultra-turbo-powered TSLeagues! If you haven't checked out yet, you must. Not simply because it's how you enter your team week-to-week for the ORFFL, but also because it's absolutely amaze-balls! It has a rising star and a brownlow tally and everything! Although I do find it a bit convenient that Todd Goldstein won the ORFFLow Medal last year and suddenly, by walesy's this new feature appears. Colour me dubious.

We're having some err 'technical difficulties' loading the fixture that @bgt2110 so lovingly supplied (big ups bro), so in the mean time here's the fixture for Round 1 of the 2016 ORFFL Championship Premiership PirateShip Season!

Round 1
    Jimcumbilly Jackrabbits vs Coulta Couldabeens
    Bundalong Bullfrogs
    vs Tarwin Lower Pigs
    Smiths Beach Seagulls
    vs Milikapati Snakes
    Poowong Pootoroos
    vs Bonnie Doon Bandits
    Sarah Island Savages
    vs Mallacoota Magicians
    Humpty Doo Hammerheads
    vs Mount Buggery Disappointments
    Glenrowan Gunslingers
    vs Woy Woy Wizards
    Queenstown Quolls
    vs Purnululu Bungle Rangers
    Popanyinning Pyrite
    vs Warburton Wanderers

Whooooo-Weeeeee! Talk about action packed. At this stage of the season - year zero, anything could happen. Coaches please do the league a solid and get us off to a good start by entering teams. Usual Thursday loophole applies: if you want to play someone from the tigs vs blues game, they need to be selected before the game starts. Everyone else before Saturdays first game. We here at ORFFL HQ reserve the right to be absolute hardarses about this.

Get excited, and good hunting on the weekend coaches!

Oh and call us if you need any help. I'll be around for most of the day/evening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
?

Are you excited?!

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, Yes!

5 vote(s)
    100.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by HörnsySechsZeit, Mar 24, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. walesy
      walesy
      That is fucking unfortunate- the would have been right at the time my timezone bug locked out for the round. What a fuckup- put your team in here and I'll get it uploaded.
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    2. walesy
      walesy
      Luckily, no-one there has played! Uploaded and sorted.

Sorry about that mate.
    3. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      At 2:30 this morning? Wouldn't think it would've been locking out then!!!

Nah mate, would be best to leave me as a no show, otherwise there will be dissent amongst the ranks - I honestly don't give a rats really!!!
    4. walesy
      walesy
      yeah, 11 hours before actual lockout matches with the +11 AEDT that we're on.
    5. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      This league is built on dissent, mate. Wouldn't have it any other way with me as the figurehead.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      Also, 3 players played, 3 hundred's made.

Lesson here, Johnny. You take a shot at the king, best not miss.
    7. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      SAR 7/711* vs MAL pfft

*ish
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Welcome back Gary.
    9. bgt2110
      bgt2110
      I'm up against Coulta and i believe Bear when he says he loaded his team. Happy for the one he posted earlier to stand.

I'm jinxed in ORFFL, a Swan donut and my usual range of 50's and 60's scores has me starting off 2016 like the previous 4 years :(
    10. Johnson
      Johnson
      The Ghost of John Butcher continues to haunt......:mad:
    11. HörnsySechsZeit
    12. ChiefRussell
      ChiefRussell
      After JJK and Nic Nat I'm sure things are looking more like this now at the Island

image.png
      • Like Like x 1
    13. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      What? What? The place is haunted. Everyone knows this.

SAR 1330ish/Anthony Hudson vs MAL (buried at sea)
    14. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      SAR 1500+

Glad to have the ORFFL back. :D
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Reckon I might be close to covering you for a change mate - some solid contributions for Coulta this week ;)
      • Like Like x 1
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    16. Jason
      Jason
      Coulta goes BANG
      • Like Like x 2
    17. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I have no idea how we won but I can only imagine it was because of the BIGGS show by the Conehead.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Pretty chuffed with the boys J-Dog, some nice solid tons led by the Mop-Head Eagle
    19. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      So a recap of scores:

COU 1578 def JIM 1170
      SAR 1536 def MAL 1174
      SBS 1363 def MIL 1208
      POP 1262 def WAR 1186
      POO 1241 def BDB 878
      HDH 1236 def MBD 1159
      GLE 1218 def WOY 928
      QUE 1176 def PBR 1095
      TLP 1099 def BUN 1021
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Jason
      Jason
      Jason Johannisen’s haircut goes wrong

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...s/news-story/6cf3664068aa1a78b23dc24c000a9b1d

TO some, the most surprising thing on Sunday afternoon at Etihad Stadium was Fremantle’s terrible performance. But in reality it was Jason Johannisen’s haircut.

The Western Bulldog had been sporting an Odell Beckham Jr.-like bleached top, brown bottom afro in the NAB Challenge that matched his exciting, run-and-gun style brilliantly. But the problem with bleaching your own hair is that it can go horribly, horribly wrong.

Jake Stringer told Fox Sports News that Johannisen rocked up to his house on Sunday morning with a hat over his freshly-bleached mop. Johannisen had bleached his hair so much that it had turned a colour no 23-year-old’s should be.

He took the hat off and it was a bit silver,” Stringer revealed.

Johannisen got the clippers out and tried to cut it down to a No.2 — but it didn’t help. So he had to go all the way.

“I think he had his career high disposals so he’ll probably do that every week now,” Stringer said. “The front looked all right but I’m glad he shaved it because you wouldn’t have liked it on the TV screen.”
      • Like Like x 2