ORFFL - 2017 Chat Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by Kel, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Kel

Kel Moderator

2. Kel

Kel Moderator

Yes, yes he did. He has a few mates in that club though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kel

Kel Moderator

It looks like the ORFFL teams page is locked, I can't update my team for the round. Can one of the admin have a look please. I need to bring Smoking Joe back in.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

All leagues the same mate, also having that lockout date backdating on all leagues, I am fixing the three I can

5. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
  6. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Was a lucky win for the Bullfrogs last weekend with Cutler going down early... also given the Tigers had such a good win, disappointing to have so many unimpressive scores on the Bullfrogs ledger...

7. Kel

Kel Moderator

Kel's two minute ORFFL preview:

Big grudge match this week. SAR v MBD. Rocky to go large again? Another LTI for the Savages with Bundy going down.:( MBD to bring down the Savages.
    TLP v the Premiers - time for another nail in the b2b coffin I think. Paddy to have a field day against a Kreuzerless Carlton.
    'frogs to be too good for the 'rabbits in the battle of the nickname apostrophe's.
    Leaders the Magicians shouldn't have too much trouble against Woy Woy.
    Poowong improved on last year but expect the Segulls to get home. :seagull:
    Quolls to go 4-1 against the Snakes despite their win last week.
    Wanderers to collect the 4 points against the struggling Bandits :donut:.
    HDH v Ivanhoe should be a cracker. Important game as its likely to be tight in the middle of the table later in the year. Can the new manager go 4-1 or will the Hammerheads climb back into the 8? Loving Vardy in the ruck.:thumbsu:

• Like Like x 3
  8. walesy

Thumbs up for this line alone. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Thanks for previews Kel and nice rebuilding work for the pigs. If warburton get a win we might spend a week in the eight which we will savour. Very happy Murphy is knocking some big scores off.

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Billy Longer has actually been named to play his first game as a Potoroo.

Un-friggin-believable.

• Like Like x 3
  11. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Release the Franger!

12. HörnsySechsZeit

HörnsySechsZeit Jarhead Staff Member

If you'd have played Hooker over Langford Kel's prediction may have been accurate.

Actually, it might still come true playing with 14. Jeremias is finally becoming a player worth Wingard (and then some).

13. walesy

Yeah, I missed lockout. Should have plonked Jamie in there though, that was crap of me!

Cammy boy is finally breaking out! go son! Well worth Wingard (Bonts was just gravy!)

14. HörnsySechsZeit

HörnsySechsZeit Jarhead Staff Member

Well, it turns out that Giles was a late out so it all evened up with us both playing 14.

I think you're up by around 110ish with Ellis to play, while I have Prestia and the good Merrett. Should be close. Cracking match.

15. walesy

Nice. Hopefully Ellis can actually do something this week!

Picked a bad week to drop a donut though, how's the Magicians going against me in the knockout comp?

16. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Turned out to be the match defining change.. In: Longer Out: Hickey

17. Kel

Kel Moderator

Oliver > Mills > Longer :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. walesy

Cracking indeed! Thought I was boned

19. Kel

Kel Moderator

Ok it's back by popular demand (well 3 likes will do), Kel's 2 minute preview.
    Game of the round sees the top placed Magicians travel to Ivanhoe (4-1) for the first time and should be too strong again. Undefeated and 200 points ahead of anyone else.
    Glenrowan have been a bit stiff so far this year ans are better than there 3-2 record indicates. They will have no trouble with the Bandits this week though.
    The Savages will be smarting from last weeks loss so watch out Quolls. Giles back in the ruck will no doubt help. Hornsy hates donuts.
    The Bullfrogs v Seagulls should be a ripper so if you are in the Bundalong area I suggest you head down. Danger to go large and lead the Seagulls home.
    Poowong seem revitalised this year and with boom recruit Billy Longer finally on the field will be looking for another win against the Wanderers. In Billy we trust.
    The Jackrabbits are much better than there 0-5 record indicates and should have their first win this week against fellow bottom dwellers the Snakes.
    After the giant killing last week the Disappointments will be hoping there is no let down this week. Should be too strong against an improving Woy Woy who proved last week that than can post competitive scores, they just picked the wrong week to do it against the Magicians.
    Can the Pigs continue their dream run in 2017? Of course they can. No Hogan, no Hanley, no Dunstan, no problem. No Agadoo this week Hammerheads.
    The Popanyinning premiership bandwagon is getting smaller and smaller every week. They really need this one against the Couldabeens, who probably fancy themselves with half the side facing the Lions. Pyrite to at least get the wheels back on this week.

• Like Like x 5
  20. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the write up Kel.

Been belting out some Journey (Don't Stop Believing on loop) all week at training. The lads are pumped. We got this.

• Like Like x 1