ORFFL 2017 Pre-Season Draft

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by thokash, Feb 25, 2017.

By thokash on Feb 25, 2017 at 3:08 PM
  1. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Next pick: SAR

Welcome to the ORFFL 2017 Pre-Season Draft Blog!

CONCLUDED 2016 Pre-Pre-SeasonDraft Trade Period - Now - Feb 23rd 9pm AEDT
    ONGOING 2016 Pre-Season Delistment Deadline (lists at no more than 20 player) - Feb 26th 9pm AEDT
    2016 Pre-Season Draft - Feb 27th 0:00AM (or earlier the night of the 26th if you want)
    2016 Post-Pre-Season Draft Trade Period - End of draft - 22nd March 9pm AEDT

Delistments

BDB - Jack Grimes, James Gwilt, Jimmy Toumpas, Nicholas Graham, Blaine Boekhurst, Sharrod Wellingham
    BUN - Jack Leslie, Tom Lamb, Daniel Howe, Tyrone Vickery, Shane Edwards, Jayden Laverde
    COU (7) - Corey Ellis, Brendan Ah Chee, George Hewett, Jesse Lonergan, Jay Schulz, Corey Enright, Brad McKenzie
    GLE - James Bartel, Ben Jacobs, David Mackay, Sam Gibson, Alex Sexton, Tom Downie
    HDH - Sam Wright, Jeremy Laidler, Jarrad Waite, Ben Griffiths, Sam Gray, Dean Gore
    JIM - Dane Swan, Daniel McKenzie, Drew Petrie, Tomas Bugg, Paul Seedsman, Michael, Rischitelli
    MAL - Jarrod Harbrow, Jack Hombsch, Tom Ruggles, Jack Redden, Nick Dal Santo, Courtenay Dempsey
    MBD (5) - Danyle Pearce, Adam Tomlinson, Cameron Sutcliffe, Mitch W Brown, Reece Conca
    MIL (7) - Matthew Pavlich, Ryan Harwood, Jimmy Webster, Kane Lambert, James Stewart, Jonathan O'Rourke, Koby Stevens
    PBR - Jed Adcock, Adam Cooney, Mitchell Grigg, Heritier Lumumba, Hayden Ballantyne, Nick Suban
    POO - Rhys Palmer, Connor Menadue, Trent McKenzie, Adam Oxley, Levi Greenwood, Sam Fisher
    POP (5) - Ricky Henderson, Lynden Dunn, Will Langford, Troy Menzel, Zachary Clarke
    QUE - Andrew Walker, Chris Yarran, Tendai Mzungu, Ivan Maric, Jack Sinclair, Jonathan Giles
    SBS - Sean Dempster, Aaron Mullett, Cory Gregson, Sam Gilbert, Harry Cunningham, Josh Wagner
    SAR - Brent Harvey, Jonathan Simpkin, Kyle Cheney, Ciaran Byrne, Jed Lamb, Garrick Ibbotson
    TLP - Daniel McStay, Matt Buntine, Shane Kersten, Jared Polec, Josh Bruce, Jack Trengove
    WAR - Andrejs Everitt, Nick Malceski, Will Minson, Nathan Van Berlo, Jake Kolodjashnij, Aaron BLACK
    WOY - Mark Jamar, Jonathon Marsh, Ben McGlynn, David Myers, Eric Hipwood, Callum Ah Chee

Draft list below.

2017 Completed Trades:

QUE P35 to POP for Sam Collins + P90

QUE Scott Thompson + P53 to MIL for P26 + P62

MBD Honeychurch + P99 to POP for Tomlinson + P72

MBD Tom Phillips to COU for MSD R1

COU David Zaharakis to MIL for Tom Nicholls

Previous Trades Affecting Draft Order (2016 MSD period):

1. Smiths Beach trade Jack Newnes and their 2017 PSD R1 Pick
    to
    Mallacoota for Harley Bennell and their 2017 PSD R2 Pick

2. Warburton trade their 2016 R1 MSD pick (P2)
    to
    Mallacoota for their 2017 R1 PSD pick

3. Mallacoota trade Blake Acres, SBS 2017 PSD R1 pick, and MAL 2016 MSD R1 pick (P15)
    to
    Woy Woy for Eddie Betts & Leigh Montagna.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by thokash, Feb 25, 2017.

• Tags:
    1. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      So who starts banging on the table and chanting Waite Waite Waite? :D
      • Like Like x 1
    2. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Still have to wait[e?] 3 hours til the auotpick.

If enough people are ok with it then yeah after this HDH selection we should change the time to draft to 12 hours with that 6 hour grace period. See if that helps. We can look at doing the one day of drafting if we get enough people committed to being here for it.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      I don't naturally agree with changing the rules mid-draft, however as many have pointed out if we don't change something we won't finish the draft before the season starts.

With this change if coaches are able to check once in the morning and once in the evening every day they should be able to avoid auto-drafting, and with the combination of coaches who are able to check in regularly, be sufficient to get this clocking over.

@Johnson I'm not adverse to the idea of having a single night where we're all in one virtual place at the same time to knock this PSD out, I just believe it's a tougher proposition to actualise. However, FTR Sunday, Monday and Wednesday evenings are the best times for me.

If all of y'all who yanno frequent this thread (ahem) agree to this rule change, I'll send out a global email alerting all ORFFL coaches - current and MIA, wording them up with basically what I've written above.

Disappointing that there's been a drop in interest and involvement in some, yet really glad there are others who still care and are keen. Which hopefully means they think they're a shot to win it this year or in a near glorious future. Much love and good hunting!
      • Like Like x 5
    4. Iain
      Iain
      I can make myself available for Sunday Night Mega Draft Extravaganza.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      Alsos, I'm not available all the time during the day. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays are particularly busy (meaning I can only check at lunch).

When I am available I try to word up the next coach on whatever frequency (TS, Twitter, email) they most frequent. If others are able to fill in the gaps - @port_leschenault has been fantastic at this, it all haps and is all appreciated.
    6. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      I would find it hard to commit to a night where we'd all draft together, just a few things going on that make it hard for me to do.
      But I don't have any problem with the rule change, anything to get us moving again (still in 1st round after several days into the draft has to be an all time slowest record)
    7. Jason
      Jason
      In this day and age, surely checking in twice a day is not out of the question - especially during essentially one-two weeks a year when the PSD is running.

If you are out of internet reach, let someone know and send them a list. There simply aren't good excuses for anything less.
    8. Johnson
      Johnson
      I don't necessarily think we should change the draft to a one-night extravaganza this draft, but I think we should consider it as a possible option going forward, as it feels like the drafts have taken longer each and every year. I wholeheartedly agree with bringing the time to auto-draft down to 12 hours, and I am happy for anyone to send me their picks to select for them if they feel they might be unavailable.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
    10. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Thanks for the kind words. As a show of gratitude I've updated your spreadsheet and fixed the few errors with team lists and players I found.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Damnit wheels, why u fall off?

I gotta concur with the 12 hour thing. Gotta get this ball rolling and rolling fast!
      • Like Like x 1
    12. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      I'm fine with the rule changes to get this thing moving. I've been checking in multiple times per day and my first pick isn't til the 30's and it's becoming a little frustrating. But to be honest, some can't even commit to checking in once a day let alone twice per day.

With regards to the mega draft day, Mon-Fri 9-5 are best for me but I could make myself available for Sunday evenings.
    13. Kel
      Kel
      Happy with the rule change however it is probably going to catch me out this weekend. I will be offline from about 5.00 pm this afternoon until Sunday afternoon so really keen for the draft to get to my pick before then. If not I will probably communicate via text with Jason, if that is alright with the representative from Poowong.
    14. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Sent pm
    15. Doobs
      Doobs
      Im fine with 12 hours, been checking every day but alas not my pick yet!
    16. stripey
      stripey
      only 10 more minutes to Waite Waite Waite!!!!
    17. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Keep hanging around coz in 10 minutes it will be Gumby's pick and he said he's around, then yours. So we can start burning through
    18. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      HDH welcomes back Jarred Waite with Pick 11. He was always destined for the Top End.

@Gumby
      • Like Like x 2
    19. Gumby
      Gumby
      Woy picks Sam Petrevski-Seton with their 12th pick
      • Like Like x 2
    20. Kel
      Kel