ORFFL - 2022 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Jan 15, 2022.

1. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

TTH has made an excellent suggestion that could reduce the length of time it would take to get through the supplemental picks for this year.

Rather than going through say 4 additional rounds of picks we could block them together, say 4 or 2 at a time which would save a lot of waiting for coaches to make their picks. If we agreed on say 4 extra supplemental picks then this could mean either just one or two extra rounds added to the draft instead of 4. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

I can see some merit in the suggestion - two at a time I can live with. Four at a time will appeal to those with early picks but watching 68 (4*17) players disappear is way too big a handicap for a lucky 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Not a fan, would prefer that we reduce the allowed time to 2 hours and auto pick

• Like Like x 1
  4. PhilArthur

PhilArthur Member

Gday all, yes I'm in for 2022, looks like a challenging year ahead but I'm looking forward to it as usual. Being a novice in this space I'm going to leave the recommendations to those in the know however extra emergencies across the lines and extra list selections would make sense, how many we need I'm really not sure. Bring on 2022, and good luck to all.

5. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Back again.

Not sure about squad sizes, maybe if you're doing a supplement of 4 player have that part of the draft at the end untradeable and people pick 2 rounds of 2 at a time so it doesn't drag. With 18 teams of 26 already you're picking amongst the depth.

6. Gumby

Gumby Active Member

Other option that should be discussed more potentially is the relaxing of the emergency rules if you're playing someone out of position. They currently cop a 50% deduction don't they?

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Battered and bruised, but definite signs of life.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TerryinBangkok

Do we have a date for delistments and the ORFFL draft? Just asking.

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Nothing I have seen as yet mate

• Like Like x 1
  10. stripey

It’s probably gotta be early next week tbh

11. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

29 days until the season starts. Assuming (and I hope that is a good assumption) @Len will continue to provide his excellent spreadsheeting skills, each of us need to have de-listed 6 players from the 2021 squad by 9pm AEDST on Sunday the 20th of February.
    We can finalise the 2022 squad size this week - 30 is the consensus among those who have voted (I was the one who voted for 28). We can also agree times between picks, auto-fills and any other detail this week.

However, if ORFFL members do not de-list players in time for a draft starting 9 am AEDST Monday 21st February we really need to question the feasability of the 2022 comp.

I see the tagging system is now working - @stripey could you please tag all members with this arrangement and ask for any input about the draft, absolutely final chance.

I have no desire to run the draft, Hornsy did a fantastic job last year and would do a great job if he is happy to so do. My intention is just to kick start the process.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stripey

@HörnsySechsZeit can you please email the crew like last year.... I agree with @graeme we need to get the ball rolling with delistments by this Sunday...

13. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Keen for the drafto and sounds like its getting a bit urgent, hopefully we get it away shortly!

14. TerryinBangkok

Rudderless.

15. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

We still delisting down to 20?

16. Iain

Also I'm a bit concerned about Kozzie Pickett, I now have 2 of him in my team and am scared to remove one

17. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

That's the assumption that we seem to be running with. De-lists have always hurt, no need to change that!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Iain

Yeah I thought I'd just cut mine now, but struggling to choose half of them. Somehow having my team suddenly contain ten defenders, eight forwards and six mids doesn't help either. Bloody position changes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

keep both, one will disappear whenever Walesy does the next database fix, obviously counts as one player and not two so the player report function will be incorrect for a while and should be manually checked

• Like Like x 1
  20. stripey

Yes let’s do delistings down to 20. No shortages of players to cut at the Bullfrogs.