ORFFL - 2022 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

We still open for trades/delistment amendments until COB tomorrow then?

2. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

I don’t see why not… but if you have changed your mind pls update your team roster so someone else doesn’t have to! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

trade alert warburton trade Mallacoota Rd 1 psd pick (17) to Queenstown for Jack Sinclair

• Like Like x 2
  4. Iain

Confirm, and my team list has been edited to reflect. Sinclair out, SDK back on board. I like to always have a couple of projects on the go.

• Like Like x 2
  5. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Can do, will caretake the Publicans til u find a replacement coach .

• Like Like x 4
  6. Iain

Thanks mate, legend.

7. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

If we're doing trades then: farmer coach M players looking for F players. Serious enquiries within (no dickhead pics)

• Like Like x 1
  8. stripey

Ok Draft to start Friday night 6pm… same rules as previous- 12 hour clock starts from when previous pick is made, no pausing overnight (no one sleeps 12 hours!). If a pick is not made in time, free agent with highest average from 2021 gets picked.

what to do with Hornsy’s absence - do we have someone to stand in for him, preferable to a ghost ship… have tried email and Twitter several times over the last week with no success but he did say he was keen to play on

• Like Like x 1
  9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Hornsy's done his delists, I'm sure he'll be around to draft.

Working through the draft discussion I think we ended up at drafting as normal for the "normal" draft, 6 picks for all of us bar Les who has 7(Could set an autopick record).

It seemed generally agreed that an autodraft on 2021 averages for the temporary 4 topups would be the way to go, or at least that's where the discussion ended. I am onboard with that but I think we need to refine it for it to be of any use otherwise most would end up with mids.
    I suggest that once the main draft is done each coach nominates how they would like their autos used based on where they lack depth,
    Example;
    Kightriders nominate
    Fwd
    DEf
    Ruck (lol)
    Mid
    And we keep it that simple, no DP, no teams etc specified.

Once they are all in I'll process them in the listed draft order, choice 1 goes to the relevant highest averaging first pick for that team and so on. Give everyone 12 hours from the last draft pick to nominate their area of need for depth, not fussed if by PM or post, but if its posted please do it in the draft thread.

Anyone who hasn't nominated within the 12 hours, using the league active hours to keep it fair, just get pot luck in the same highest average criteria regardless of position.

• Like Like x 1
  10. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Good suggestions @Len . Depending on when we finish the "normal" draft, is there room to individualise the other 4 picks? That is to name a specific player(s) rather than autopick? Quite happy to specify a player and position in draft sequence within the 12 hours and if they are gone to accept autopick in that position.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Len

It probably depends on how much time we have tbh
    12 hours plus processing of 72 picks even with simple criteria is going to eat a fair bit of time up, I'm open to it, but only if I have enough time to do it properly, I am a fan of keeping things simple where possible :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. stripey

My thoughts were if we got through the draft quick enough, that we could do the additional 4 picks in blocks of 2 which would only add 2 extra rounds… as Len suggested I’ve also been thinking about the positional issues of autocorrect plus several of the highest average players who were not drafted might be that way because of long term injuries and not be ideal top up players to start with!

• Like Like x 1
  13. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

I get the time factor. So lets see; having 18th pick 4 times with autopick is a big impost.

14. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Perhaps snake order for the four rounds would be more equitable?

15. stripey

A couple of things we could consider to speed up the Top Up draft:
    a) reduce the timing for picks in the top up draft to 6 hours
    b) as with last years MSD rather than getting a default pick, coaches simply time out and then make their outstanding picks when they return - if they dont return they get default picks

• Like Like x 1
  16. Len

For sure we should remove any LTIs and the like from any kind of autopick in topup, contrary to inent otherwise.
    I am really not a fan of blocking picks, it means the guy picking 18th is actually picking 36th, etc. If we do have to do it then I'd definitely embrace Graeme's idea of snaking those picks, but again not a fan
    A and B above would hae to be in play if we do try to draft the topups.
    Happy for us to assume we will and have a backup plan for when that fails :p

17. snoz

snoz Moderator

Yeh two picks at a time, snake order, would be my preference as well, time permitted of course. Autopicks potentially could be really screwy.

18. snoz

snoz Moderator

@Len - Just looked at the draft picks......I have Warburton's 4th and 5th round picks based on previously posted trades from
    last season. Thus 56 and 74 should be with the Jackrabbits.

19. Len

yeah I flagged them, just forgot to change the name

• Like Like x 1
  20. snoz

snoz Moderator

Thanks mate.....