ORFFL - 2022 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Jan 15, 2022.

1. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

@Len how does the FA list from TS compare to your spreadsheet? I know there was some problems with players in the rollover but unsure if they've been fixed.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I matched it, so as far I can get it it's accurate, there are still a few doubles in the ts lists, but other than Woy Woy and Sarah Island both claiming Josh Kennedy I believe the two match.
    I've not added the most recent AFL list additions as yet, nor do I think has Les

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

thanks @Len

i understand at present there may be the following players who appear to have 2 players in the db, either listed or as a free agent, but not both

Bobby Hill
    Bradley Close
    Christopher Burgess
    Joshua Corbett
    Joshua Worrell
    Kysaiah Kropinyeri-Pickett
    Lachlan Schultz
    Lachlan Young
    Matthew Conroy
    Matthew Flynn
    Matthew McGuinness
    Matthew Rowell
    Michael Frederick
    Mitch Crowden
    Mitchell Georgiades
    Thomas Cole
    Thomas Fullarton
    Will Hamill
    Zachary Sproule

in theory these should disappear when @walesy does the next DB update, post addition of all the SSP selections, while some SSP's have already been named clubs have until 9 march 2022 so i expect the chief will do an update sometime between the 11th and 16th as it takes a few days for SC to add players to their DB so be patient as all will be good prior to Round 1.

From the AFL Draft 2021 wikipedia page as at 23 February the SSP selections for 2022 were

Paddy McCartin (Sydney, ex St Kilda so needs to be Reactivated and club and position updated) http://tooserious.net/forum/player_career.php?id=2442&pcid=50599&name=Paddy McCartin

James Tsitas (GCS), Nick Martin (Ess), Tex Wanganeen (Ess) - all new to the AFL

• Like Like x 2
  4. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Strauchanie!

• Like Like x 1
  5. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Hopefully the big Chief can arrive soon and we don't have to hang around all day for another autopick

6. stripey

would be nice if he and Hornsy could just notify us they are happy with autopicks from now on... :D

the draft would fly from there!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

In the FA we cut the timer to 4 hours if they haven't been sighted since a previous autopick (we skip not auto though)

• Like Like x 1
  8. stripey

yeah i am a fan of the skipping option, allows blokes to come in when they turn up and select something they actually need... with the penalty being the better players have probably been picked in their absence

• Like Like x 2
  9. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah certainly seems nuts to continue down the 12hr auto path. Effectively adding 10 days to the length of the draft. Could still be drafting in April.

10. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Agree with the need for some change. However, having set off down a path are we committed to staying on it?

11. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

12. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

like the 4 hour rule if haven't been sighted and personally think would be great to institute particularly if @walesy and @hornsy could respond but is needed nonetheless. also always thought only having 4 emergency slots was silly and wondering if other leagues had this same structure and checking with @walesy if this is an easy thing to change I system. keen on others thoughts on the emergency idea.

• Like Like x 1
  13. port_leschenault

I think we're going ok, not the slowest rate we've done in the past. Once things start flowing should be fine, I think Haitch is our only hold up atm?

14. thokash

Wouldn't be an ORFFL draft without me waiting around for 2 days only for @port_leschenault to snipe my pick right before it gets to me! ;)

15. port_leschenault

We've been at this long enough that I know the other guy on my short-list will be your next pick. o_O

16. port_leschenault

Nope, Phil got him, bastard :D

17. thokash

May I ask about the availability of the SSP AFL players? Are they draftable? Or are some of them draftable?

18. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if we have a precedent for it but I'm not fussed. If coaches want to pick someone knowing that they could very easily not be on a list for the season proper then that's their call far as I care.

19. thokash

There was a bit of an incident in another league today, but they explicitly stated if they aren't on an AFL list prior to the commencement of the ORFF* draft then they are ineligible. I couldn't find anything like that stated for ORFFL either in the Rules forum of the Draft thread, so my assumption is anyone is fair game.

20. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

I do vaguely remember something about only currently listed player being eligible for drafting but no idea if there was a clause about it being at the start of the draft or when drafted. Long time ago.