ORFFL - 2023 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. GoofLord12

GoofLord12 New Member

ahh - great thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

You need to choose 4 defenders, 4 mids, 1 ruck, 4 forwards and 2 interchange players that can be any position.

You then need to select 4 emergencies and you can choose which positions they are for, you will be missing an emergency for 1 line so need to choose carefully.

Only other thing I can think of currently is that you can select players out of position (select a mid in defense for example) but they will only score half-points. Also if you pick 2 emergencies for one line, midfield for example, then the lowest scoring one counts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

A 4 point loss to start the season… terrific :spew:

well done @Gumby

4. Iain

3 down after the first round. Another top season for the Quolls incoming I'm sure.

• Like Like x 2
  5. stripey

Hi guys, just putting this up in here as you might not loiter in the other chats… sadly one of the founding ORFFL coaches has passed away. @Len will no doubt have more info regarding this. Will also let you know what this means for the Dragons in due course. RIP TiB.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stripey

Update: @TheTassieHawk will be interim coach for the Dajarra Dragons

• Like Like x 1
  7. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Oh man that's so sad to hear, I didn't know TiBby that well but he was always good for some banter, RIP

• Like Like x 2
  8. PhilArthur

PhilArthur Member

I'm really saddened to hear this news, always a shock when you hear about someone passing. Really puts problems into perspective, my deepest sympathies to his family, friends and the greater community, RIP Terry.

9. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

very sad to hear deepest condolences and a loss to.our community

10. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

The Dragons and Rockies will both be wearing black armbands for the entirety of their round 5 matchup at the Dragons Den following the passing of the great man @TerryinBangkok

The homeside are named as follows

daj rd5.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  11. Iain

Wow, only just saw this. Saying "that sucks" doesn't really seem adequate.

Vale TiB, you were one of the good ones and will be missed. Condolences to the family.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheTassieHawk

The Dragons were provided with some laxative laced breakfast supplies by the owners of the Woy Woy Hotel over the weekend, scraping together a tally of 829 while appearing to suffer from a severe case of the runs. Typifying the day, in the last quarter Willie Rioli ran out of the crowd to stir a few of the opposition up but only managed to concuss fellow Dragon Jordan Ridley in the process.

With a 4 game unbeaten streak ended the 7th placed Dragons now face the ladder leader Wanderers from Warburton who will be keen to get back on the winners list following a 16 point loss to the Tiger Sharks.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TheTassieHawk

The Dragons have defeated the Bullfrogs by around 200 points to post their 7th win of 2023.

At midseason we will be cutting some underperformers and seeking to bolster D4/F4 strength via the draft and via trades in an attempt to finish in the top 8.

Let us know if you have any interest in the likes of Chesser, Dev Robertson, H Jones, H Edwards and Ginnivan, package deals or players in exchange for incoming draft picks may be possible.

Cheers TTH

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Albert Park are leaning towards a rebuild, after middling results from the all in attempt this season.

Everyone is up for grabs for the right price, so make me a reasonable offer ;)

15. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

i am in the same boat here...everyone is on the block....all offers considered

16. James84

Hi all,

Do we allow auctions in this league? Not sure if I'm going to, but nice to know if the option is there.

17. stripey

is there a substantial difference to this and just putting it out there that you have a guy to trade? if someone is keen they reach out to make a deal?

• Like Like x 1
  18. James84

Have you dealt with some of the coaches on here? :D

It's not for everyone, over in FF we have maybe half the league get involved and the other half abstain completely.

I think you can get value from both a buyer and seller at times, gives people a chance to assess value based on other bids. I think a lot of trading hesitancy is people not knowing what fair value is, or worrying they are getting stitched up in a trade, especially where viewing trading history means wading through years of posts.

• Like Like x 2
  19. snoz

snoz Moderator

Just a heads up, site rolled over but cant enter this weeks team on TS Leagues ?

20. TheTassieHawk

My leagues looked like they were going into lockout at 1230pm Melb time (in 10 mins)

Now one league (the FL) is fully locked and and the other (FF) has most teams/players locked out but my GWS, NM and STK players are not locked out but are likely to do so in 10 mins.

The issue will be sorted by @walesy at some point tonight.

In all leagues coaches would be well advised to name their tigers and lions players in the round/year threads before tonight's lockout and then to jump on again after the fix hits to name their full side in TSleagues and ask for assistance if there are further issues.