ORFFL Advice!

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stkildathunda, Mar 28, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Hey lads, hoping you guys might be able to help me out a little. Since ive lost Parker & JMac for most likely 2 games its really thrown spanner in my Supercoach side. I guess only positive is fact its happened before full lockout and i can restructure. But i was extremely confident with side i was taking in and cant work out what to do. So should i leave it as is or anything u can consider.

BTW im posting it in here as i really wanted to keep it under wraps, but due to circumstances need some advice and hoping the wider community wont see it hidden away in here!!

TEAM AT PARTIAL LOCKOUT

B: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Heppell, Hanley, Hurn, Lake (Ellis, Bugg)
    C: Ablett, Swan, Parker, Ledger, McDonald, Magner (Shiel, Pfeiffer)
    R: McEvoy, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
    F: Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Gray, Dangerfield, Porps, Cripps (D.Smith, Dickson)

Cash: $125K

Ive so far downgraded Lake to Morris which gives me $298,900 to spend. Been considering swinging Martin into midfield to help cover, that way ive got at least 1 playing emergency. (Pfeiffer would become Martin). But then i have $425K to spend on another forward. Think if i want another forward id want to try get Buddy or maybe Zaharakis. But that means finding $80K or $180K more. Any suggestions or should i just wing it and hope for the best?

Its really doing my head in! Not start to season i was hoping for.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Definitely get rid of Pfluffer mate, he's not worth the grief he'll cause when (if) he plays a couple of games then gets dropped for someone who fits Port's structure better.

As for what extra forward to get, I'm in a similar situation but with 10k less than you to play with.

Will give it some more thought and get back to you a bit later mate

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Hello! This is the wider community here!

Although it goes against the SC grain, swinging Martin into MID for Puffer avoids an otherwise complicated and perhaps messy solution. Could you then turn the Porpoise into Buddy?

Like all the 'H's' in DEF.

4. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

No need to panic mate, as you say, Pfiffer can switch with a forward if needs be to ensure you've got coverage in the mids. Problem solved!

Sure, you'll have 2 weeks without coverage in your midfield, but there is simply no avoiding that now with them already rubbed.

Oh, and what bearfly said on Pfiffer!

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on March 27, 2012, 14:48
    Hello! This is the wider community here!

Although it goes against the SC grain, swinging Martin into MID for Puffer avoids an otherwise complicated and perhaps messy solution. Could you then turn the Porpoise into Buddy?

Like all the 'H's' in DEF.</blockquote>

Arent you "CEO" of one the ORFFL Clubs? Makes you one of us then :p

Yea does go against the SC "rule" but not sure i have much choice.

Doing Porps to Buddy would leave me only &#36;54K for one last fwd rookie!!

Would turning Puffer into another gun midfielder work? Or do you think with my current situation i really need to keep that MPP link in there?

6. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Honestly, I think it's a sign from a higher power that SC just might not be the game for you. You still have your ORFFL team though, so it's not all lost.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from walesy on March 27, 2012, 14:59
    No need to panic mate, as you say, Pfiffer can switch with a forward if needs be to ensure you've got coverage in the mids. Problem solved!

Sure, you'll have 2 weeks without coverage in your midfield, but there is simply no avoiding that now with them already rubbed.

Oh, and what bearfly said on Pfiffer!</blockquote>

If i get rid of Pfiffer wouldnt that take away the coverage of switching mid in there!! ;)

I guess your right, i probably just over thinnking things and dont need to worry too much!

Is that Kerringe bloke from Adel going to play? Maybe i just leave swap the two and leave it as is?

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Geez you'd want Ledger to play.

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on March 27, 2012, 15:10
    Geez you'd want Ledger to play.</blockquote>

Thats the concern, with Ledger & Shiel both big sub candidates its kinda looks ugly going forward! This week if Magner & Ledger arent named its easily fixed!

10. TerryinBangkok

Hey Hornsy, when do I start getting CEO-type wages then?

11. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

What about downgrading one of your defensive H's to Ellis instead of Lake (or do both and downgrade one of the H's to another rookie - doesn't have to play this week as Bugg could cover it if you Emergencied him), and then either upgrade Pfeif or add the money to Porps to grab Buddy.

You could always downgrade McEvoy to Nic Nat (set for a BIG year!!), but from what I know of you SKT, I would think that is highly unlikely.....

12. TerryinBangkok

Just sit and stare long and hard at your own avatar SKT. Then wait for Teams.

13. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

I meant Morris, not Ellis, I know you already have him, sorry.

14. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on March 27, 2012, 15:13
    Hey Hornsy, when do I start getting CEO-type wages then?</blockquote>

When you start doing CEO-type work. A good start would be actually turning up to your job on a daily basis.

15. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

What does everyone else think about a 4/1/3 structure in the midfield?

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Johnson on March 27, 2012, 15:13
    What about downgrading one of your defensive H's to Ellis instead of Lake (or do both and downgrade one of the H's to another rookie - doesn't have to play this week as Bugg could cover it if you Emergencied him), and then either upgrade Pfeif or add the money to Porps to grab Buddy.

You could always downgrade McEvoy to Nic Nat (set for a BIG year!!), but from what I know of you SKT, I would think that is highly unlikely.....</blockquote>

I had considered that! But couldnt work out which H to get rid off! Also would be &#36;9000 short of Buddy, or if i went Zaharakis i would be &#36;70K short of keeping Heppell.

Actually i only just added McEvoy to my team! Havent had him in all season. Wonder if i just take gamble on Hale or if as season is already heading downhill i just put Broc McCauley in at R1 alongside Giles & upgrade everywhere else!!

17. Kel

Kel Moderator

Instead of Lake to Morris, swapping Hanley or Hurn would give you the extra &#36;&#36;'s to upgrade your forward. Guessing that you rate them both keepers so might throw out your upgrade plans. Good luck. :).

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Call me crazy, but if i do this:

Lake to Morris
    Swing Martin into Midfield for Pfiffer
    McEvoy to Hale :eek:
    Pfiffer then becomes Zaharakis!

B: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Heppell, Hanley, Hurn, Ellis (Morris, Bugg)
    C: Ablett, Swan, Martin, Parker, Ledger, McDonald (Shiel, Magner)
    R: Hale, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
    F: Goodes, Fyfe, Zaharakis, Gray, Dangerfield, Porps, Cripps (D.Smith, Dickson)

Cash: &#36;73,700

Or Hale could become HMac, Kruezar or anyone under &#36;480K

EDIT: I guess no matter what i do, im not exactly able to run with EMG for couple weeks!

19. TerryinBangkok

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on March 27, 2012, 15:15
    Just sit and stare long and hard at your own avatar SKT. Then wait for Teams.</blockquote>

I still like those 'H's' SKT, would be a shame to mess with their uniqueness.

20. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Yeah, do that!