ORFFL Round 2 Review

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by Kel, Apr 5, 2016.

By Kel on Apr 5, 2016 at 6:43 AM
  1. Kel

Kel Moderator

ORFFL Round 2 Review:

Milikapati Snakes 1184 defeated Queenstown Quolls 1092

The Snakes did enough in a low scoring affair to take the 4 points and get their season on track. Another 0 in the ruck (and defence) for the Quolls is a problem that isn’t going away when your 3 rucks are Wood, Currie and Giles. The recently unretired James Kelly proved he still has what it takes leading the way for the Snakes with 113. Assistance from Jack and Lambert both with 101 and Pavlich 102 was enough to defeat the undermanned Quolls. Getting big individual scores doesn’t seem to be a problem for them with Mitchell 144, Thompson 140 and Laird 127, getting 15 on the field and finding a playing ruck is proving more difficult. It appears it might be a frustrating season for the Quolls – anyone up for a game of Frisbee? Jeremy Howe is keen.

Popanyinning Pyrite 1208 defeated Tarwin Lower Pigs 1051

THUD! That was the sound of the TLP coming back down to earth after the heady heights of a R1 win. ¾’s of the midfield responded after last weeks sub par performance with Smith 115 Pendlebury 110 and Hanley 93 returning to form. Which ground Polec turned up to we are not quite sure but apparently he scored 8 wherever the hell he was. For the rest of the young Pigs it was a bit of a down week proving that they still have a way to go before becoming a consistently good team.

For the Pyrite it was another win which sees them sitting comfortably in 4th. Johannisen 123 continued his elite start to the year as he continues to reward the faith shown in him by management. Jenkins 118 and Sinclair 116 the next best in what was otherwise a fairly solid team effort.

Purnululu Bungle Ranges 1060 lost to Humpty Doo Hammerheads 1354

Jarrad Waite led all comers for the Hammerheads smashing out 174 and perhaps starting to live up to that potential that we all knew he had, even though Carlton did their best to beat it out of him. With the support cast of Robbie Gray 129, Andrew Mackie 120 and Cam Guthrie 100 the Hammerheads were too strong for the PBR. Solid contributions from Tom Lynch 129 Tom Liberatore 118 Brendan Goddard 107 and Ben Kennedy 105 weren’t enough in an otherwise lackluster team effort from the boys from Purnululu Bungle. The decision to go into the season with only 1 ruck is already proving costly with Nathan Vardy likely to be out for a number of weeks and no-one even filling in. Adam Cooney still reeling from his twitter bashing perhaps.

Coach Lucas was heard to be loudly singing the unofficial club song – Humpty Doo, to the tune of the Black Lace hit Agadoo. Rumours he fell off the bar doing the ‘Agadoo dance’ are yet to be confirmed. shake pineapples something something….

Mt Buggery Disappointments 1103 lost to Sarah Island Savages 1300

‘I came, I saw, I conquered’ So said coach 3n4nsy as the Savages team bus departed Mt Disappointment. Too strong were the Savages for the pointers this week despite Brutus making a brief appearance last week and threatening the supreme rule of Julius Caeser.

The Savages let their football do the talking, and unfortunately they didn’t shut up taking out the pointers by 197 points. Walesy didn’t have a complete waste of a weekend as he and Darcy Parish celebrated an Essendon win by listening to Taylor Swifts 1989. Insert ‘Darcy Dance’ gif.

Bonnie Doon Bandits 1100 lost to Warburton Wanderers 1146

An improved performance from the Bandits wasn’t enough to overcome the Wanderers this week. They welcomed back Grundy 109 and Thomas 111, but it was the all Giant interchange for the Wanderers who did enough with Scully running out the game to the tune of 140 and Ryan Griffen 132. Coach Fez will especially be looking for more from the Collingwood contingent with de Goey 50 and Crisp 55 not doing enough.

For the Wanderers it wasn’t their greatest performance but they will take the 4 points and move on to next week. Perhaps this isn’t Jack Watts’ breakout year after all after a more typical Watts effort this week.

Smiths Beach Seagulls 1146 lost to Poowong Potoroos 1195

The Poowong boys made the short trip from the Strezlecki Ranges down to the Island and took home some of Pannys finest chocolates for their trouble. Dangerfield vs Ablett, a clash for the purists and it was the Son of God who prevailed over Moggs Creeks favorite son to the tune of 120 to 77. And really at the end of the day that was the matchup in a nutshell with everyone else basically cancelling each other out. So well done to the little master on getting the Potoroos over the line. Poowong will be looking forward to the return of Tom Campbell, and it does appear that Billy Longer really is a spud.

Coulta Couldabeens 1174 lost to Glenrowan Gunslingers 1469

If a Pig makes a big thud when it lands, what does a Tuna do when it hits the ocean at a great rate of knots? Despite being many kilometers inland, Coulta residents were threatened by a mini tsunami on Sunday night after the Couldabeens landed back on earth with a massive splash in the Southern Ocean. Bear was last seen heading for the hills mumbling something about winter coming and bears having to hibernate. Blicavs 115 and Jack Martin 111 the only ones with heads held high. Oh what a difference a week can make in fantasy football.

For the Gunslingers it was win number 2 and position 2 on the ladder. Hall 124 was switched to the forward line and together with Lynch 129 Rioli 128 and Dahlhaus 87 went on a forward rampage. Hannebery 121 and Ziebell 127 provided the grunt in the midfield.

Bundalong Bullfrogs 1022 lost to Jimcumbilly Jackrabbits 1272

After a good old shellacking last week the Jackrabbits bounced back in style with a strong win over the Bullfrogs. Leading from the front was Josh Gibson with a most impressive 191. That chest will be just a little bit more puffed out this week as he walks his Labradoodle down Church Street and the Brighton foreshore. Daniel Wells 121 is also turning back the clock and appears to be over his injury concerns early doors this year. Concerns would have be raised with the inability of Rich 38 to handle a tag, although Jacobs certainly has some scalps on his belt, and I have no idea what happened to Rischitelli 19. For the Frogs, the Richmond contingent didn’t do too badly – Martin 134 JRoo 112 Grigg 106 and Cotchin 107, it was just the rest either didn’t turn up, no Ruck or I2, or just didn’t do enough.

Mallacoota Magicians 1371 defeated Woy Woy Wizards 1215

Nathan Fyfe 157 returned to form with a bang leading the Magicians to a strong win over the improved Wizards. Plenty of support for Fyfe with Houli 127 defying the ignorant racists at the MCG on Friday night, Harbrow 105 Zorko 148 and Walters 106 flying the flag. Woy Woy welcomed back Big Sandy 108 and Betts 142 Greene 120 and Montagna 100 feasted on the supply. Unfortunately though they didn’t have the depth with Stokes, Whitfield and Atkins not able to provide enough from the midfield.

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by Kel, Apr 5, 2016.

1. HörnsySechsZeit
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Kel
      Kel
      Rory is looking forward to the challenge of outscoring his old mate Tom Boyd*.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Iain
      Iain
      And Tom Boyd is looking forward to the challenge of not sucking.
    4. Iain
      Iain
      Also for some reason I can't change my team now, tried 3 different ways and computer still says no. In light of that, I'm formally switching Mzungu and Sinclair, so Mzungu is now on-field in I/C2 and Sinclair is now off-field as I/CE.

Full team:

DEF: Laird, Saad, Day, Howe
      MID: Mitchell, Thompson, Gibbs, Jones (Hopper)
      RUC: Boyd*
      FWD: Robinson, Motlop, Bell, Dixon
      I/C: Curnow, Mzungu (Sinclair)
    5. Jason
      Jason
      @walesy
      Tried to change your interchange players as per this post and got an error:

"Yeah, I dunno- something broke."
    6. Jason
      Jason
      Tried it again and worked the second time though.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. walesy
      walesy
      Ah, looks like the bottom save button isn't working.

Giveus a minute.
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Fixed
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Iain
      Iain
      Yeah that was the issue I was having Jase, also I tried the top button the first time and the bottom one the other two times and none went through. Thanks for fixing it for me lads.
    10. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      Time to give Chainsaw a run in the extended midfield. Guy has Fyfe like size.
    11. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Luckily I didn't get on to do my team till a couple hours after this :D
      • Like Like x 1
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      How does doubling up on emergencies on one line work? I didn't even realise you could do that.
    13. Len
      Len
      I believe it does if two players are out, if one is than the lowest score is used.
    14. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      We haven't had it as a rule before. I can't remember anyone naming (or being able to) 2 emergencies on the same line.
    15. Len
      Len
      sorry mate I am talking SC, I didn't note the forum the post was in, for ORFFA, one per line is the rule, not sure about FL
    16. walesy
      walesy
      Pretty sure it's always been possible.
    17. Iain
      Iain
      I vaguely remember Hornsy suggesting a fair while ago that we followed SC rules in this situation and could use multiple emergencies on the same line but lowest score counted first.

Also, can you guys remember my really funny joke about putting that spud Mzungu on field? Good times...
    18. Jason
      Jason
      McKenzie's broken nose and 4 SC is going to be a problem.
    19. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      Perhaps not.

I think punitive coaching may have cost me this one.
    20. Jason
      Jason
      Doesn't look good for our Bob. :(
      • Dislike Dislike x 3