ORFFL Stats

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by thokash, Apr 8, 2012.

1. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

OK 3-2-1 is based on votes given for the game, both teams included. In the event of a tie the winning team will get the higher votes, and if it's on the same team the higher average player will get the votes - it's a lot cleaner than duplicating votes.

Here's a little snippet, I'll post the full results some time in the future.

The Relton Roberts Medal Leaderboard
    S. Pendlebury - 14 votes
    B. Stanton - 11 votes
    G. Ablett - 8 votes
    J. Selwood - 8 votes
    S. Thompson - 7 votes
    J.P. Kennedy - 7 votes
    K. Tippett - 7 votes
    S. Selwood - 7 votes
    M. Murphy - 7 votes
    L. Franklin - 7 votes
    S. Mitchell - 6 votes
    S. Crameri - 6 votes
    R. Griffen - 6 votes
    J. Watson - 6 votes
    A. Sandilands - 6 votes
    L. Power - 6 votes
    L. Shuey - 6 votes

Pendlebury and Stanton have skipped out to a fairly large early lead, will be tough work to reel them back in. Ablett and Joel Selwood are in equal third despite missing 2 games and 1 game respectively.

Most Votes: Hornsy, Doobs - 8 players
    Least Votes: SKT - 3 players

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Is this worked out on most points? Cos thats just a midfielders award as they score the most out of anyone!!

3. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Please SKT, enlighten us on how you would judge the best player in the ORFFL?

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

I dunno i was just asking!! :D

Maybe we could work out a par score for each position and you need to get % over that to qualify?

Forwards there are only 8 players with 100+ average (highest 106)
    Defenders only 4 players with 100+ (one 121 but other 3 less then 106)
    Rucks have 9 players 100+ (highest 123 but rest less then 110)

Midfielders have 9 players OVER 120 point average. 6 players between 110-120 and another 22 that average 100-110. Thats nearly 40 players over 100 point average. Nearly double amount of the other 3 positions COMBINED!

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I thought the medal would be called after Relton. Graham Teasdale is more referring to the 12 votes per game system which ensured he got up over Bartlett in the biggest upset in the history of the Brownlow...

As regards the Brownlow, probably give Scotty the medal now

6. Kel

Kel Moderator

Maybe Walesy can come up with some fancy formula. Didn't he draft Alger Braic at some point in the draft?

7. Lucas

I thought Alger Baric was on my list.

8. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

I thought it was the Only Relton For Fun Low Medal.

9. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

While i agree with your sentiments SKT i think it might be a time consuming thing to score and its bloody great reading just to have Thok getting this data up. I prefer the name Relton to GT for the medal but also like the of honoring the commish for all his work and write ups every week by naming it "The Hornswaggler Medal" or Hornsy for short. Whilst not trying to glorify him too much he is the one that has made the ORRFL happen and i think we all agree it has been great fun playing and been an appreciated addition to my fantasy football games.

The thing i've liked the most is unlike the transient changeable nature of supercoach i am growing to love all the Wanderer's players (even the spuds - C'mon Sam Gilbert, Tom Scully and Stephen Hill lift) as much as my kangaroo players which has added a lot to my enjoyment of all the games i watch. I was even sort of (and i do say sort of) hoping one of my fav players Andrew Swallow spud it up just a little bit when it was the last match of the round when i was in a close match with Pyrite.

So for what its worth my vote is for the " Hornsy "

10. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Let it be noted that the lovefest for Hornsy above finishes there one of the Wanderer's main missions for season 2012 is to BREAK THE JAR BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE.

11. Kel

Kel Moderator

I knew he was there somewhere. Any fancy formulas then Lucas?

12. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

I vote for not the "Hornsy" or "Hornswaggler" medal.

My 2cents.

13. thokash

Technically this award isn't as biased towards midfielders as the Brownlow, since forwards (and rucks, not really defenders though) can score huge games as well. Franklin, Tippett and Crameri are in the hunt, have much lower averages than the midfield brigade but their inconsistency is actually a bonus in this voting system.

Also, I've changed the award to The Relton Roberts Medal, I just chucked a name in there as a placeholder.

14. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

I'm probably going to get a SKT style collective no here but i think the 3 votes should go to the highest scorer on the winning team and then go in points order from there. Will put a bit more diversity in the count and mean its not just going to whoever of ablett /pendles/swan plays the most games for the year.

15. Lucas

Interesting suggestion Eddie V; only problem is that would pretty much make any players on my team lose the chance of getting 3 votes if they indeed pull their fingers out.

I was thinking of letting Alger Baric out here to put in a fancy formula to address your current suggestion. But he had more important things to do.

Fact is umps generally give the 3 to the winning team regardless of whether a player has dominated. GAJ excepted.

The Outer Relton For Fun Low medal is still the clubhouse leader.

16. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

I thought it was "Only", Lucas?

17. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Lucas,

hopefully the ORFFL goes for a while and the Hammerheads get their time in the sun under any system. I'm not a wiz at working out the formulas but if Thok could work out a way of putting the current score total for the winning team as 3 votes it would be interesting to see the difference. It should only be minor change but unless we have a different system to highest score i don't see how it doesn't become a crap shoot for the highest scoring players of the year. Personally i love the variety and this way it might allow a few others the chance to have a crack at it.

It is called the funlow and named in honour of relton so it would be good to get a few more random players in there.

18. Since you seem to like the stats so much kash, have you got an idea on how much the number of players picked for each team affects their average pick number?

Just wondering if I might be up top due to having not as many players picked as some and therefore probably less low picks?

19. thokash

Going to stick with the way I've done it, the Brownlow has always been an individual based award and independant of team success. (and it's way easier)

Round 7 Votes

Coulta vs Tarwin
    3. J. Giles (Tarwin)
    2. D. Zaharakis (Coulta)
    1. B. Reilly (Coulta)

Mallacoota vs Poowong
    3. S. Thompson (Poowong)
    2. B. Sewell (Poowong)
    1. G. Ablett (Poowong)

Bonnie Doon vs Woy Woy
    3. D. Cox (Bonnie Doon)
    2. A. Sandilands (Woy Woy)
    1. K. Tippett (Bonnie Doon)

Glenrowan vs Merton
    3. N. Foley (Merton)
    2. S. Iles (Glenrowan)
    1. I. Maric (Merton)

Sarah Island vs Warburton
    3. D. Hale (Warburton)
    2. R. Griffen (Warburton)
    1. J. Lewis (Warburton)

Mount Buggery vs Milikipati
    3. B. Stanton (Mount Buggery)
    2. S. Sidebottom (Mount Buggery)
    1. M. Pavlich (Milikipati)

Humpty Doo vs Popanyinning
    3. C. Judd (Humpty Doo)
    2. M. Boyd (Popanyinnning)
    1. L. Shuey (Popanyinning)

Jimcumbilly vs Purnululu
    3. H. Shaw (Purnululu)
    2. P. Ryder (Purnululu)
    1. T. Walker (Purnululu)

Torrumbarry vs Queenstown
    3. J. Watson (Queenstown)
    2. D. Swan (Queenstown)
    1. L. Franklin (Torrumbarry)

Round 7 Leaderboard
    S. Pendlebury - 14 votes
    B. Stanton - 14 votes
    S. Thompson - 10 votes
    G. Ablett - 9 votes
    J. Watson - 9 votes
    J. Selwood - 8 votes
    T. Rockliff - 8 votes
    K. Tippett - 8 votes
    R. Griffen - 8 votes
    A. Sandilands - 8 votes
    L. Franklin - 8 votes

20. Lucas

Ah back to normal. C Judd 3 Votes

Who would have thought that :spud: David Hale would have got the 3 votes in the clash of the titans!