ORFFL Supercoach

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by SuperCoachSuperStar, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Not a terrible idea SCSS, but do you think Dempsey will keep his early average up or will he again need to be upgraded later on?

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Dempsey will be found out at the mcg. Carlton and Collingwood double. Could be 3 x 60s. GC unlikely to give much points to defenders unless they play midfield.

3. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

My problem is I have almost no cash in the bank. I can't find any other decent options to trade Broughton to. I might be worrying too much about the byes. I could trade him for a forward but then it makes my backline a bit weak.

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

"I could trade him for a forward"

Basically does it improve your 22?

5. Alright guys whilst I put up a few ideas on the Best Buy's comments I'd rather ask you lot about serious trade ideas.

Broughton > Clarke
    Miles > S. Selwood

I'm thinking Clarke is looking like he should hold his place in the Pies back-line and Scooter could be a great M7 to have at years end and should score better than any of the rookies I don't have in the mids in the meantime.

What do you guys reckon?

6. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Worth it if you think Scooter can crack M6 in your team (avg. 110+), not worth the hassle if you don't think he can.

7. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Going with my instinct and keeping Broughton, skipping Dempsey. Thoughts on these trades:

Boumann > Mohr (over Hombsch)
    Dickson (over Hall) > Milera

Thoughts on both those trades and their alternatives?

8. I think Scooter is a better chance of being a keeper this year than Broughton. I know he's had easy opposition but look at his numbers so far, averaging 5 clearances, 5 I50s, 30 odd disposals and a DE of around 88%. Turned 22 this year and is a good candidate for a break-out year I'm thinking. Not the worst stock either

9. Kash if you're set on making trades then I think you're on the money with those two, without knowing what the alternatives are anyway

10. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Difference is, which I'm sure you're well aware, Scoots has to average 110+, Broughton only 90+.

Couple of questions though:

1) How much cash do you make out of this skirmish, and what's Scoots priced at now?
    2) Do you have Murphy in your team at the moment?

11. No cash made, but I get rid of Miles who hasn't played yet and gain Clarke on top of the Broughton > Scooter trade.

No to Bob Murphy

12. Also Scooter $445,800

13. SuperCoachSuperStar

What do you think of:
    Broughton > R. Murphy

14. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Was talking about Marc, but thanks for sharing.

To me, the biggest thing this trade has going for it is Greg>Scooter, because it would appear you only think Greg is good for around 70, whereas Scooter is every chance to double that this weekend. Shame you have to bring Marty into it, as I don't really think he's worth his ticket price.

I bring up Smurph, because if you don't have him, there's every chance you could go ride the GWS train, and go Scooter to Smurph post R5, and in doing so collect Scooter's massive score this weekend and subsequent price rise, then trade into Smurph, a truer premium while catching his R6 180 against GWS.

Now clearly, this plan if not insane, is at the very least pushing predictions into the red zone, and in all likely hood, not worth the cost of 3 trades (Scooter>Smurph in R6 = 200points easily, Greg>Scooter for R3-5 = more likely 130-150, Miles>Marty = probably worth it for cash generation, but I'd see if I could get someone cheaper).

Just freeballing here.

15. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

@SCSS

Waste.

16. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

@Kash

Yeah, do it.

17. Could change Clarke for Guthrie who's more expensive or Morris who's cheaper. I have all the other back rookies I think are worth looking at

18. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

I'd go Morris if I wanted the cash, and Guthrie if wanted the better player.

19. Looking at the Trades with Morris in there I think both will earn me $200k or 200 points over the year, or a combination of the two, so I think I've found a winner.

Broughton > Morris
    Miles > S. Selwood

Thanks for that

20. SuperCoachSuperStar

I've gone:
    Broughton > Dempsey
    Seedsman > Kennedy

I might change it before lockout but it is unlikely.