ORFFU 2022 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Aug 18, 2021.

1. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Do we choose our finals opponents?

2. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Yep. And kinda happy I have 3rd choice cause I have no idea who I'd choose other than not @insider!

If we can get the selections in, I'll get our finals previews up and going again and see if I can top last years effort of how wrong I can be in my predictions

• Like Like x 1
  3. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

pussy
    :p

5. wrightbrendan

Lol. Feel like I am going to regret this statement

6. wrightbrendan

In what ended up being a bit of a glorified exhibition match to close out the H&A season for the two teams, Serengeti hosted the Whalers of Eden to close out the season.

Unfortunately for the visitors things were started on a disturbing note off the field when it was discovered Soldo & Young took advantage of the free flights from the club to get to the African coast. The two players decided to start their footy trip early and didn't even bother to show up to the game having last been spotted sunning themselves on the beaches of Zanzibar. Club officials are said to be furious and questioning whether they will be welcomed back at season's end. Despite the efforts of Close (123) and inspired inclusion McIntosh (110), things didn't get much better on the field for the Whalers with many players looking like they too would have prefered not to be there.

Without much in the way of a contest, the Buffalo players coasted to a comfortable victory. Veterans May (69) and Daniher (61) took it easy and ensured their bodies would be right for a finals campaign but the likes of Smith (59) and Draper (34) will want to be getting a few more consistent runs on the board before they try following suit again.

So the season draws to an end for the Whalers where they will look to resurrect a list around their veteran stars and handy backline. While Serengeti finishes the season in 3rd place and will be looking to go one better than last year's losing grand final effort (at least the poor man's version of an overseas team isn't in there to ruin things this year! [sorry @choppers!])

Final Scores
    Serenfeti 1291 def Eden 991

BAFFU votes
    3 Zac Merrett 140 (SB)
    2 Bradley Close 123 (EW)
    1 Jack Viney 118 (SB)

Big Tap
    Sam Draper 34 def Ivan Soldo 0

@HOLKY

• Like Like x 4
  7. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I don't know what's funnier, the dig at Chops, or the fact you can't even spell your own team name properly!!!!! :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. wrightbrendan

Haa!
    :eek::eek:o_Oo_O

In a late decision that definitely wasn't made up on the spot, it's what we have decided to call ourselves when we are celebarting a triumphant season. Confetti was everywhere in the victorious change rooms...

• Like Like x 3
  9. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

them's fightin' words once again........last time I give anyone advice on re-locating......especially to Serenfeti...;)

• Like Like x 2