ORFFU 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Aug 23, 2022.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

It is now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

On the bright side, I'm doing well in Supercoach. 2149 last week

• Like Like x 1
  3. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

@JPK Hey chief, just to keep you updated on the Rioli score issue.

I have noticed that I can now select him in my side, and he appears in matchday; cheers to whomever fixed the issue.

In regards to the ladder, when adjusting to accomodate for Rioli’s scores in the first 3 rounds:

Round 1 - Remove Tunstill’s 37 and add Rioli’s 126. 89 point turnaround, means a win for SCS over BB, and a ladder position of 7th (1-0) with a points for total of 1170

Round 2 - Add Rioli’s 41, doesn’t change the result, however SCS now score 1253 and have a ladder position of 5th (2-0), with a points for total of 2423

Round 3 - Add Rioli’s 30, again, doesn’t change the result, however SCS now score 1195 and have a ladder position of 7th (2-1), with a points for total of 3618

I can keep this as a record for the first 3 rounds; should be good from here on though.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 5
  4. JPK

This is a task for someone bigger and better than myself.
    But yes, please keep track, just to make sure its all good at the end.

• Like Like x 1
  5. eagle_eyed

After Round 4, Southern Cross have a ladder position of 10th* (2-2), with a points for total of 4675.

*Note that BB should have a record of 2-2, sitting 11th on the ladder, this has been allowed for in my calculation above.

• Like Like x 1
  6. eagle_eyed

@JPK After Round 5, Southern Cross have a ladder position of 8th* (3-2), with a points for total of 5939

*Note that BB should have a record of 2-3, sitting 11th on the ladder, this has been allowed for in my calculation above.

7. eagle_eyed

Apologies for my absence, everyone.

I have had a few challenges and changes to work through over the last few months. Things are moving in the right direction, but as always, it’s going to take some time. None of this is really a big deal in the scheme of things, however, happenings have occupied a heap of my time.

I currently owe three match reports, and as much as I’d like to promise I’ll get to them, I can only say I’ll try. After 10 years, I should be better at these, I’ll have to improve my efforts over the next 10.

Go Sandgropers!!!

• Like Like x 4
  8. eagle_eyed

After Round 9, Southern Cross have a ladder position of 9th (4-4) with a points for total of 9175. Banchang remain in 8th, however, their record changes to (4-4) with a points against total of 9661. CIS and SFB, each move down a position on the ladder to accommodate the change.

Go Sandgropers!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. eagle_eyed

@JPK

After Round 10, Southern Cross have a ladder position of 12th (4-6) with a points for total of 11269, currently pick 7 in the upcoming MSD. @choppers Banchang move down to 11th (4-6); the Bulls, move up to 10th, with the Bunyips, dropping to 13th.

Go Sandgropers!!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Live update for the Ararat mid season break: the team have made a decision to skip the high performance camp in Utah and travel to visit their friendly rivals in Ban Chang.
    many Leo’s and San Miguel light’s have been had thus far. More live updates to come

• Like Like x 4
  11. insider

Live update 2: the Barcrawlers have failed to live up to their name, with rumours of the club president’s wife wearing the pants and making the team return home early :p
    The Armadillos will soldier on as a lone team, and continue with updates

• Like Like x 2
  12. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

A considered response will be forthcoming, once I've had my kebab for dinner, and another Leo or two....

13. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Dinner is done, and YES! my wife DOES wear the pants, for which I am forever grateful, as I might not be here otherwise....but that's for another forum at another time.
    Regarding today's so-called Barcrawl, held in Pattaya by the way, so considered to be an "away" crawl and therefore not Banchang's responsibility, as the Home team.
    The holidaying CEO of Ararat held sway over the 1st part of the crawl, and bombarded me with how great his Armadillos are performing and that they're the best team ever in ORFFU etc etc etc, but then actually stopped and took a breath at roughly 2pm..............and asked today's date....30th was the reply......took another breath and exclaimed sh*t! I was supposed to check out at 10am from the Hotel.
    With the speed of a thousand turtles, he gathered his zimmer frame and took off to move from Hotel No1 to Hotel No2, leaving me stranded at this current bar.......and as it happened my good wife then rang and asked me when she should pick me up......I relayed the Hotel story to her, and she replied......."that no good..he leave you....no good....I not like....he not good man...I come pick you up now"
    Which she did and we left and Ararat was left to pay the bin.......
    Moral of the story...............don't mess with my wife.....she wears the pants"

• Like Like x 4
  14. insider

Live update 3: I deny none of the above… nor confirm.
    Many litres of beer and kilograms of noodles, specifically pad si ewe, later, some lads have gone home to call the WAGS, while the others are currently being smashed in 8 ball by the local sharks of female persuasion

• Like Like x 1
  15. insider

Live update 4: a lot of the players have broken the seal and are pissing like a racehorse. that is all

• Like Like x 1
  16. insider

Live update 5:things have escalated. Current bar tab is 12 beers and 7 shouts for my xx chromosome friends, also colloquially known as LD.
    Having well and truly run out of folding stuff, an ATM beckons

• Like Like x 1
  17. insider

Live update 6: rozee is not the only thing spinning out of a tackle, with some Armadillos making their way to Walking Street.
    the overwhelming raucous motto being shouted is “hangovers are tomorrow's problem”.
    while not all team members agree, we are one team at Ararat so the whole troop have headed off to make bad decisions

• Like Like x 1
  18. insider

Live update 7: having well and truly eclipsed the bed time of an old man, the list manager is glad to report the safe arrival of all players in their respective rooms.
    the armadillos live to fight another day, with possibly less brain cells and liver function

• Like Like x 5
  19. JPK

the word "classic" comes to mind.
    Have fun gentlemen!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Do we have a date for delistings?