ORFFU Positions of Power

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by Tomster, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Roles that need filling within the league. I can't do everything after all. Volunteer your services, or nominate another person. I know we have discussed some of this but I have forgotten who said what so just repost. If I have forgotten a position fill in the gaps. It is not first in best dressed but is either chosen by me or the Democratic Republic of 'FU.

Feel free to make up imaginary positions which do nothing.

Commish: Tomster (unless people aren't happy) Job Description: The Andy D of the ORFFU. Does everything and takes lots of holidays.

Assistant Commish: [span style='font-size: 16px;]Volunteers: Tylo, JPK, insider Job Description: Helps out the commish in every way, shape and form. Has admin forum powers (?) so can edit commish's opening posts if need be. Doesn't take holidays.

Scorekeepers: [span style='font-size: 16px;]Volunteers: Job Description: Updates scores during the season. Not allowed to be Essendon supporters as they may find a legal illegal way to cheat.

Blog Writers: Holky, TTT Job Description: Write the blog during the season. Must have a sense of humour.

Tribunal of Inactivity: [span style='font-size: 16px;]Volunteers: Job Description: Makes sure activity is maintained by all <div>

Draft Hands: Eagle Eyed (fresh will keep the spreadsheet up to date) Job Description: Help commish and ass. commish keep up with the draft and maintain order during the draft. Creates a spreadsheet detailing players and what clubs they have gone to, as well as non-listed players

Trade Hands: [span style='font-size: 16px;]Volunteers: Eagle_Eyed Job Description: See draft hands, and insert 'trade' where needed.

2. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

Tylo and JPK as assistant commish. I can be chief of no ideas

3. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Might be worth having someone responsible for keeping track of trades and someone responsible for overseeing the drafts.
    From memory, you're short on spare time during the season Tomster. I think Damo was the other way around, pretty busy during the off-season. Maybe sharing the role as joint commissioners could work.
    Personally I'm happy to help out wherever but wont have a lot of spare time over the next 3 months.

4. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

I vote for anyonewilling to provide the time needed. Thanks to all

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

ddsaints wrote:
    Tylo and JPK as assistant commish. I can be chief of no ideas I'm happy to be an assistant commissioner. Thanks for the vote of support ddsaints. By the way, assistant commissioner - is that like the Lt Sam Weinberg role in A Few Good Men? 'I have no responsibilities here whatsoever.'

6. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

ill do whatever. keen on ass commish. oodles of time now and during season and whenever. will accept a 'pity role' for getting lumped with last pick ;)

7. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

I too fully thank those that are taking the time to get this comp up and running and making it the best it can be. I can help with a few things but my responses will be 12hrs delayed.

8. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I'm happy to help in any way necessary. Why don't we let people put their hand up for positions. Some will be more happy than others to help out, I'll put my hand up to track the draft and trades, can do it tandem or solo.

9. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Once I get the green light from Walesy, I can write the blogs. Others can as well, wouldn't want to hog the free media. I could also help with the tradewatch/drafts. I also reckon scorekeep if one electedor blogwriter if home teams count score should do aladder.

10. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I can write some blogs. I have the power to do so, so I may as well use it for this as well as the other articles I may write. :D

11. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Happy to help out where I'm needed.My day job's very Excel based so don't mind if my spreadsheet skills need to be utilised.

12. Tomster

Fresh, could you see if you could set up a spreadsheet for scoring? I have no clue how it would be done and what would be included but Excel skills are definitely needed.

13. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Yeah sure, no prob. II'll set it up so it's compatible with Excel 2003 if any of us still have the older version. Atm I'm thinking of having drop down lists for player positions so entering a team for the round shouldn't cause any issues. It's easy enough to remove anyway if we choose not to go down that path. Also thinking that I can set it up so final scores feed directly into a FU ladder to reduce any requirement to do our own manually. Anyway, I'll work on it at home over the next few nights, shouldn't take me too long. Also had a thought that if the preference is for one central spreadsheet for everyone to access, enter their teams for the round and do scoring, then Google Drive could be an option. Only requirement is that everyone would need a gmail account to access it if we all don't already have one. I haven't used their spreadsheet program much at all but I'm sure there's a way of setting it up so it matches the functionality of whatever we end up going with.

14. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Just got promoted so now I can write the blogs :).Also I've got gmail (atomicfreak99) so right for central scoring I think.

15. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

TigersTooTough wrote:
    I can write some blogs. I have the power to do so, so I may as well use it for this as well as the other articles I may write. :D youre willing to use your powers for good instead of evil?? ;)

16. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

insider wrote:
    TigersTooTough wrote:
    I can write some blogs. I have the power to do so, so I may as well use it for this as well as the other articles I may write. :D youre willing to use your powers for good instead of evil?? ;) The difference between good and evil is sometimes mere semantics.

17. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, got caught up in a few things so haven't had a chance to finish off the test spreadsheet. Will get back to it tonight.It won't be a complete version as I don't want to spend too much time on things like entering test teams for all FU coaches but more around the functionality of it.I'm halfway there at this stage after spending sometime on Sunday and last night.

18. Tomster

No probs fresh, as long as the functionality works I can update the teams and whatever else is needed

19. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Hey all, got a test spreadsheet together. Had a few distractions recently which has caused a bit of a delay. I've put in a drop down menu to pick players for each position (D1, D2 etc) but I've done it only for 2 teams and only for round 1. The only manual part at the moment is the entering of scores and once the round is complete it determines which team won, lost, drew which then feeds into a ladder. But that can be automated and I can set it up so once players scores from TS are copied into it then team scores and results will populate. For now thought I'd get this out there for the too serious FU'ers without this extra. Anyway, not sure the best way to share it with everyone other than email. Some of us may prefer not to give this out so if there are other suggestions then I'm happy to give other methods a go. Something like dropbox perhaps? Heard about it but never used it before so unsure if that will work or if it's free.

20. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Happy for an email Fresh. Maybe send it to Tomster and as the Commissioner he can e-mail it out to all as a BCC if people are worried about disclosure.