ORFFU Positions of Power

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by Tomster, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Yep, give it to me first thanks fresh. If anyone wants it, PM me with email addresses, or just say me and I can grab your email from the forums here since I am an admin thingy.
    I'll send out separate emails each time to keep privacy

2. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I think we won't need a formal tribunalist, but we do need to take some preventitative measures against inactivity or aworse problem that has occured in the ORFFL, null score tanking. The team entry should be on a blog or a forum agreed upon so everyone can find it, those with genuine reasons for being missing can explain and organise another to fill out their team or no change. The problem of course with a third party is it DEFINITELY can't be that week's opponent. The main point is that we're all committed coaches but we need a JIC clause.

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Eagle_Eyed wrote:
    I'm happy to help in any way necessary. Why don't we let people put their hand up for positions. Some will be more happy than others to help out, I'll put my hand up to track the draft and trades, can do it tandem or solo. We have those roles split, but I can 100% attest to the link between them, having them both reside in one spot would be advantageous..

4. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Was wondering if anyone had any feedback regarding the spreadsheet that got sent out? I've had some feedback from one person so far (thanks YAD) and was going to make a start on incorporating this and the formula issue that was found into the full version. Was planning on setting the file up so I can just copy player scores from here into the file to eliminate the need for manual scoring. The only drawback is that if you want live scoring or progress scores over the weekend then this will have to be done manually in a copy of the worksheet that has the team lineups for the round. Will also be incorporating the 50% rule for OOP players into it since it's not set up to account for it at the moment. I was wanting to make a start on this by end of month so it's ready before we start the draft (if it's going to go ahead in mid Dec). If anyone else has any feedback or ideas feel free to let me know and I'll put them in there.

5. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

I think its great fresh :) Thanks heaps for setting it up.

6. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Yep, it's awesome

7. Tomster

Hey fresh, just reminding you that the draft was last night so the spreadsheet might need some updating. Thanks for the great work with the sheet

8. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Thanks Tomster. Was waiting to update the file until after the draft so will go ahead and make a start this weekend. This is the fun part, putting in 50+ new player names and their teams, then updating it again once positions are released, lol.

9. Tomster

With the draft coming up soon, I have bit the bullet and Eagle Eyed is officially an 'FU Draft Hand. He will help out with all draft matters (although fresh will keep the spreadsheet up to date with team lists).
    Holky and TTT will write the blogs. A good one to start might be a draft wrap-up once we are done.

10. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Hey Coaches, Are we using the DT or SC positions & prices as the ranking for the draft when someone dosn't pick and they get the next player inline?

11. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

YAD69 wrote:
    Hey Coaches, Are we using the DT or SC positions & prices as the ranking for the draft when someone dosn't pick and they get the next player inline? Supercoach. Everything's supercoach.

12. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Tomster, what is I'll be doing? Can I also ask a small favour, can we have a backup to cover me for the first week of Jan? My wife is having our 3rd child and it will be tough (and probably frowned upon) if I'm concentrating on the draft instead of the family.

13. Tomster

Sure thing E_E. Insider, holky, TTT, any of you able to do it? I have outlined what you would need to do in the actual draft thread. Good luck with the baby EE

14. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Tomster wrote:
    Sure thing E_E. Insider, holky, TTT, any of you able to do it? I have outlined what you would need to do in the actual draft thread. Good luck with the baby EE yeah no sweat, ill take care of it