ORRFL Breakouts.

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by walesy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I figure, we all know our teams well- so who better than to help us all scout for SC breakout than each other!!

Brandon Ellis: Not a breakout persay, but a move into DEF is what puts Ellis on the table. Priced at 91, and averaging 96 over the second half of last season, Ellis is primed to finish the season as a Top6 Defender

Heath Shaw: Yes, he sucked last year and a lot of his work was syphened off onto Williams and Wilson, but guess what? One's injured and the other is gonski! Brings Heater right back into the equation.

Tom Rockliff: A change of scene and a price of 96. We all remember 2014 when Rocky averaged 132. He seems a monty to improve next year, just a question of injury for mine.

Callum Mills: Platuing last year, Callum Mills will be due a classic 3rd year breakout. He won't be a Top6, but priced at 73, should add a good 15ppg to his score.

• Like Like x 2
  2. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Sweet. I like a humble brag as much as anyone, lets do it!

Nathan Fyfe: Averaged 121 after his extended bye last year, and finally looked to be over his broken leg and/or ribs. Priced at 109 is a bargain for a potential top 3 average. I'm sure everyone is starting him anyway, but in case you are hesitant - DO IT!

Jack Redden: After averaging around the 100 mark between 2011-2015 at Brisbane, his time at West Coast hasn't been great. Injuries and lack of opportunity for his first 18 months, he averaged 97 the last 8 games of the 2017 season, and with Mitchell and Priddis hanging up the boots he will be one of the main men in the Eagles engine room, not to mention NicNat tapping it down his throat every stoppage. Possibly better suited to AFL Fantasy or Dream Team given his tackling play style, don't think he will ever be a SC Premium.

Michael Walters: In what seems to be a regular preseason occurrence, there is hype that Player X will be spending more time in the midfield. In this case though it makes sense; picking up Matera to play in the forward line could let Sonny be unleashed to have maybe a 50/50 forward/midfield role. He posted some monster scores when doing so last year with a 172, 137 and 135. Priced at an average of 87 could be very tasty, but can we ever trust Ross the Boss?

Michael Barlow: A player that has always been around the fringes in fantasy, an unexpected DPP F/M was a nice surprise. Plenty of risks with this purchase though coming off a 2nd broken leg, but he has been winning preseason time trials and himself said it was around 10% as bad as his first broken leg. With a lot of the premium forwards not available this year, he could be your go to 100 average option. The Suns are pretty terrible and are going to need his leadership in the midfield in 2018.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

In this league, 70% of my guys are going backwards, nothing to see here, yet.

4. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I was hoping to hear you spruik Setterfield :D

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I have $50 on him to win the Rising Star at $32, I am a reasonably succesful punter ;)

He is in our provisional best 22, more likely to play midfield than anywhere else, at this stage he picks himself for SC esp being Fwd eligible

• Like Like x 1
  6. HörnsySechsZeit

HörnsySechsZeit Jarhead Staff Member

Nic Naitanui too break out of his knee brace Forrest Gump-style and then take the competition by storm, Forest Gump-style.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Andrew McGrath expect to see him get more midfield time which will see him launch well beyond his starting average of 71 by the end of season 2018.

Brad Crouch another injury interrupted start to a season saw him begin slowly in SC scoring but finally had a good run for the last 17 weeks of 2017. Averaged 10 points higher than his 2018 start price over the last month of H&A.

Toby McLean went into the midfield late in 2017 and averaged 98 over the last 2 months of the year. Expect him to be part of the midfield rotation throughout 2018 and with another preseason training with the midfield group still has plenty of upside.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

Jarrod Berry, Jacob Hopper, Jack Sinclair and Harry Perryman should all score more points than they did last season. Probably still not worth it for SC though.

Ethan Hughes could be a gun too.