Our mate Graeme

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

graeme wrote:

Yesterday I ticked off a major milestone in the battle - had the 20th and final radiation treatment on my neck and face. On the outside it looks like I have a severe case of sunburn; on the inside my mouth and throat are ulcerated so i do not feel much like eating the recommended bland, pureed diet. At times swallowing is not pleasant.]Yet I need to eat lots to help the good cells recover while the bad cells can go and get ******. Sadly alcohol is a complete no no.

In terms of recovery I am told I am perhaps a week from the lowest point but my cunning plan is to burst through this early. Christmas will be huge! All the positive vibes and extra drinks for chels are really appreciated. </div>

Good to hear you are on the mend mate, rest assured I am looking after you alcohol quota single handedly :)

2. snoz

snoz Moderator

............I still say he'sa flightless bird :)

Keep going Gra - you'll fly in the end mate.

3. J_C

J_C Guest

Len wrote:
    graeme wrote:

Yesterday I ticked off a major milestone in the battle - had the 20th and final radiation treatment on my neck and face. On the outside it looks like I have a severe case of sunburn; on the inside my mouth and throat are ulcerated so i do not feel much like eating the recommended bland, pureed diet. At times swallowing is not pleasant.]Yet I need to eat lots to help the good cells recover while the bad cells can go and get ******. Sadly alcohol is a complete no no.

In terms of recovery I am told I am perhaps a week from the lowest point but my cunning plan is to burst through this early. Christmas will be huge! All the positive vibes and extra drinks for chels are really appreciated. </div>

Good to hear you are on the mend mate, rest assured I am looking after you alcohol quota single handedly :) </div>

Also glad to hear things are going well, Graeme.

Have you tried arguing that,becausealcohol kills a number of Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria and even a few viruses, consumption of alcoholmight be a good ideaas apreventative measure? Just a thought :p

Fear not, though. Len's got you covered.

4. grav

grav Guest

Good news chels.
    Keep kickin goals!

5. graeme

graeme Guest

In terms of recovery I am told I am perhaps a week from the lowest point but my cunning plan is to burst through this early. Christmas will be huge! All the positive vibes and extra drinks for chels are really appreciated.

6. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Go you good thing

7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

This is top news Graeme - very happy to hear.

Hope things continue to progress well.

8. Len

Our fellow coach and friend Graeme is heading in for surgery early AEST tomorrow. He is having some melanoma's removed from around his lymph glands and is understandably nervous about the procedure. Please join me in wishing him every bit of luck, though I am sure he will be fine and wont need it. No doubt he would also welcome those of you with gods giving them a wee nudge also. Hoping to hear how he went on or before the 31st..

9. Bandit

Hope it all goes well mate, going forward pinot is to be swilled under a wide brimmed hat!

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Wow, yes, all the best Graeme! The Cows took an early exit just to allow you time to concentrate on your health it seems Take care

11. grav

grav Guest

Best wishes from my Hoppy Island to your Woolly Island Graeme. I'm sure you'll smash this.

12. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

All the best mate! Take care

13. snoz

snoz Moderator

Heads up kiwi boy............I cant open the TS Messages, just loads & loads and nothing..........email me directly, sent you one already. Oh - time to kick arse tomorrow lad, enough of these shenanigans !! sNoZ

14. J_C

J_C Guest

All the best, graeme!

15. graeme

graeme Guest

Many thanks, time to head off. Your best wishes really are helpful. I'll leave the re-commitment to ORFFA until I get back! That's as close to gallows humour as I can get.

16. snoz

snoz Moderator

graeme wrote:
    Many thanks, time to head off. Your best wishes really are helpful. I'll leave the re-commitment to ORFFA until I get back! That's as close to gallows humour as I can get. Um.......if Graeme doesn't make it back, dibs on Fyfe !!!!!!!!!!

17. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    graeme wrote:
    Many thanks, time to head off. Your best wishes really are helpful. I'll leave the re-commitment to ORFFA until I get back! That's as close to gallows humour as I can get. Um.......if Graeme doesn't make it back, dibs on Fyfe !!!!!!!!!! Gee that's very uncaring sNoZ, but ok, as long as I get Mitchell :p

18. Bandit

/Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/download.jpg

19. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Best wishes Graeme - hope all goes well and the recovery is swift.

I've also sent you a PM with a trade proposal designed to be read whilst you are still groggy after the op.

The deal involves Fyfe and my fourth round draft pick. It is fair and balanced...

20. G-Train

G-Train Member

All the best Graeme.