Outsmart Barry Hall for your chance to win plenty of cash

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 22, 2017.

By walesy on Mar 22, 2017 at 4:02 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Righto guys, we've watched the pre-season. We've done the research and now, we've got an extra swing to turn that knowledge into some dollars.

Draftstars is running a new competition over the first four weeks of the season, giving us all a chance to share in $10,000 per game.

All you need to do is to beat former Swan and premiership captain, Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall.

SIGN-UP TO BEAT BARRY HALL HERE

[​IMG]

As most of you guys know, Draftstars does most of it's business on a game-by-game basis, where you pick your team and compete against others for free, or for cash prizes. There's no long term commitment, just quick, fun games.

For more specifics, beating Barry will be played using the AFL Fantasy scoring model, using Draftstars Turbo format, which involves selecting a single player from six different groups of player.

It's just that easy. Pick six guys, and if your squad can beat Hall's score, then you walk away with a share of the $10,000 prize pool for that game.

The comp will run for four weeks in total, and every single game in round one will be free to enter.

For the remaining three weeks, the Friday night game will be free, but the other eight games will have an entry fee. Still, twelve free cracks at beating Baz is a damn good deal!

Taking a look at the Collingwood/Bulldogs game, we can already see Halls selections.

Tom Liberatore, Lin Jong, Easton Wood, Marcus Bontempelli, Josh Smith and Adam Treloar.

So that's it, beat him and walk away with a share of $10k. I would love to hear some strategies in the comments, but already I'm thinking that the best way to nail Barry would be to match 5 of his picks, and focus in on his weakest link with your 6th pick. Personally, I'm looking at you Lin Jong!

In 2016, $4.8 million was won by Draftstars player, which technically, is more than every year of Supercoach and AFL Fantasy combined.

So there we have it. Draftstars Beat Barry. Giving you the chance to beat Barry Hall nine time per week!

CLICK HERE TO ENTER

Draftstars is licensed as a sports bookmaker in the Northern Territory and is available to over 18s only.Terms and conditions apply.|You must be 18+ | You know the score. Stay in control. Leave before you lose it.Gamble Responsibly. Call Gambler’s Help 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Bucko
      Bucko
      I also went with Walesys theory - cheers!

No payouts yet, but Barry finished 717th, so by my calculations $10k shared with the 716 people who beat him = $13.96 each

This runs for every game in the first round (and then on the next 3 Friday night games) so if you can beat Baz a few times it's not bad money! I'd expect less entrants for other games over the weekend so it should be even more lucrative.

What's your tip to beat Baz tonight Walesy? ;)
      Baz Picked:
      Tom Liberatore, Lin Jong, Easton Wood, Marcus Bontempelli, Josh Smith and Adam Treloar.
      Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    2. Owen
      Owen
      Barry finished 3,885th so the 3,884 people that beat him got $2.87 - easy money :)
    3. Bucko
      Bucko
      Its saying Barry finished 717th for me on 478 points. Plus its saying there were only 1108 entrants.
      Where are you seeing he finished 3,885th ?

Barry.PNG
      Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    4. walesy
      walesy
      hmmm, no idea what happen there... all I know is that I'm $7.23 up after beating Baz and Wendell :D

Tonight, I'm targetting Linsanity with a Suckling pick. Fingers are crossed.
    5. Bucko
      Bucko
      My balance is still $0 ??? weird...

Ok cool, how about your Wendell player target ?
    6. Iain
      Iain
      Bloody Wendell changed his line-up, only changed one player so then it matched my team.

Also can't see Barry's tips for tonights game now, might have clued in....
    7. Owen
      Owen
      AFL $10K Beat Barry - Blues V Tigers
      AFL | Free Entry | 5476 Players
      Barry Hall 3,885th on 478 points

I think the one you entered wasn't for cash and was for bragging rights. You need to pick ones that have prizes :)
    8. walesy
      walesy
      I'm gunna be honest with that one, I've got no idea about Wendell :D kinda lucked into it :p

Keep an eye on it, pretty sure they'll fill it in closer to the game.
    9. Bucko
      Bucko
      I think you're right... I wonder if the other 1108 players fell for the same thing ! I entered on the iPhone so I guess it wasn't obvious there were two comps, nor did I even think there would be more than one to look for.

Seems pretty sill to run a promotion called beat Barry, and then have two contests named the same thing, one with $10k prize money and the other with $0. :rolleyes: Anyway, onto tonight !
    10. walesy
      walesy
      I think the other one might have been created for the SA folk to join in. Sucks that it wasn't highlighted more though :(
    11. Iain
      Iain
      Selections have been added for both AFL and NRL comps, Baz swapped Jong for Daniel.
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Damnit baz!
    13. Iain
      Iain
      I reckon I'll still back Howe to top Daniel.
    14. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      I might as well put some of the $2.87 winnings from last night into the $1 buy-in game tonight as well. See if we can double up.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Iain
      Iain
      Yeah I had a crack at the 2 NRL $1 comps tonight.

Numbers will pick up before the games start, but they were both at around ~100/150 out of 1000 possible entries so hopefully will have better payouts than the AFL one tonight. I know bugger all about NRL though unfortunately.
    16. Bucko
      Bucko
      So entered the right comp last night and took Suckling as the difference against baz and it got up for a few bucks. Also beat Wendell in one of the NRL ones for $5. Be interesting to see how much people can accumulate over the weekend playing all the nrl and afl ones. Just waiting for baz & Wendell's teams for today's games
    17. Bucko
      Bucko
      Righteo, here's Baz & Wendell's picks, and my POD in bold. (I have NFI about NRL...)

Jack Steven
      David Armitage
      Jack Billings
      Jack Steele
      Christian Petracca (Clayton Oliver)
      Christian Salem

Luke Parker (JPK)
      Lance Franklin
      Hamish Hartlett
      Callum Mills
      Dane Rampe
      Daniel Robinson

Dayne Zorko
      Dayne Beams
      Tom Lynch
      Jack Martin (Kolodjashnij)
      David Swallow
      Jarrod Witts

Tom Mitchell
      Dyson Heppell
      Jobe Watson
      Darcy Parish (Grant Birchall)
      Kyle Langford
      Jaeger O'Meara

James Graham
      Josh Reynolds
      Brett Morris
      Dylan Walker
      Jorge Taufua (Curtis Sironen)
      Frank Winterstein

Johnathan Thurston
      Ashley Taylor
      Jarrod Wallace
      Kane Linnett (Coen Hess)
      Kalyn Ponga
      Joe Greenwood

Andrew Fifita
      Luke Lewis (Semi Radradra)
      Beau Scott
      Michael Jennings
      Gerard Beale
      Suaia Matagi
      • Like Like x 1
    18. walesy
      walesy
      Nice one Bucko. Thanks for the list.

I'm 3/4 so far, but pinged by Wendell last night :D
    19. Len
      Len
      I give in, once the games are live where do you see them? I can only see my turbo's and std games none of the vs Barry ones?
    20. Len
      Len
      Ignore that, it appears I was "removed from the contest", they need to fix that shit, if it's not available don't bloody show it and encourage people to waste their time
      • Like Like x 1