Outsmart Barry Hall for your chance to win plenty of cash

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 22, 2017.

By walesy on Mar 22, 2017 at 4:02 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Righto guys, we've watched the pre-season. We've done the research and now, we've got an extra swing to turn that knowledge into some dollars.

Draftstars is running a new competition over the first four weeks of the season, giving us all a chance to share in $10,000 per game.

All you need to do is to beat former Swan and premiership captain, Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall.

SIGN-UP TO BEAT BARRY HALL HERE

[​IMG]

As most of you guys know, Draftstars does most of it's business on a game-by-game basis, where you pick your team and compete against others for free, or for cash prizes. There's no long term commitment, just quick, fun games.

For more specifics, beating Barry will be played using the AFL Fantasy scoring model, using Draftstars Turbo format, which involves selecting a single player from six different groups of player.

It's just that easy. Pick six guys, and if your squad can beat Hall's score, then you walk away with a share of the $10,000 prize pool for that game.

The comp will run for four weeks in total, and every single game in round one will be free to enter.

For the remaining three weeks, the Friday night game will be free, but the other eight games will have an entry fee. Still, twelve free cracks at beating Baz is a damn good deal!

Taking a look at the Collingwood/Bulldogs game, we can already see Halls selections.

Tom Liberatore, Lin Jong, Easton Wood, Marcus Bontempelli, Josh Smith and Adam Treloar.

So that's it, beat him and walk away with a share of $10k. I would love to hear some strategies in the comments, but already I'm thinking that the best way to nail Barry would be to match 5 of his picks, and focus in on his weakest link with your 6th pick. Personally, I'm looking at you Lin Jong!

In 2016, $4.8 million was won by Draftstars player, which technically, is more than every year of Supercoach and AFL Fantasy combined.

So there we have it. Draftstars Beat Barry. Giving you the chance to beat Barry Hall nine time per week!

CLICK HERE TO ENTER

Draftstars is licensed as a sports bookmaker in the Northern Territory and is available to over 18s only.Terms and conditions apply.|You must be 18+ | You know the score. Stay in control. Leave before you lose it.Gamble Responsibly. Call Gambler’s Help 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Iain
      Iain
      Checked in this morning and my account is sitting at a healthy looking $76.25. Not bad for no deposits yet.
      • Like Like x 3
    2. Bucko
      Bucko
      Just logged in to take a look and my balance hasn't changed nor can I see any of the contests. Wtf?
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    3. Len
      Len
      Is your registered address in SA or NSW?
    4. Bucko
      Bucko
      VIC, and I've got $7.64 in my account from the Friday night afl & nrl contest.

And I can enter today's ones as well
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Iain
      Iain
      Bucko you can ask them about it in the chat, they are online now and working through any payout problems so probably best time to ask about it
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Len
      Len
      Definitely ctc them per @Iain suggestion then. I got my payouts for the paid contestes but was kicked out of all the free ones as they started, hopefully they figure out how to block me seeing comps my government think are too nasty for me :eek:
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Bucko
      Bucko
      Is there a live chat somewhere ? All i could find was a contact us form in the help menu which I did
    8. Iain
      Iain
      Top right of screen there is a speech-bubble icon, that opens general chat.
    9. Bucko
      Bucko
      Here's Barry's and Wendells picks for today, my POD in bold:

Sam Mitchell
      Andrew Gaff (JJK)
      Mark LeCras
      Jack Darling
      Jeremy McGovern
      Sharrod Wellingham

Heath Shaw
      Josh Kelly (Laird)
      Shane Mumford
      Eddie Betts
      Taylor Walker
      Jonathon Patton

Patrick Dangerfield
      Mitch Duncan
      Aaron Sandilands
      Tom Hawkins (Mackie)
      Zach Tuohy
      Rhys Stanley

Cameron Smith
      Aaron Woods
      Cheyse Blair
      Will Chambers (Seumanufagai)
      Christian Welch
      Billy Slater

Shaun Johnson
      Josh Dugan
      Gareth Widdop
      Russell Packer
      Josh McCrone
      Tuimoala Lolohea (Lafai)
    10. Bucko
      Bucko
      Thats just general chat for users thought right ? Not a support thing...
    11. Iain
      Iain
      Just general chat but they were in there talking to people about account and payout issues for an hour or so earlier. They keep an eye on the chat over the day too and will answer if they see
    12. Bucko
      Bucko
      Bit stiff with my JJK pick, 7 goals and still got pipped by Gaff :spew:

Don't like my chances of getting my winnings from any of the yesterday games if they've already paid out, but I'll give it a shot
    13. Bucko
      Bucko
      Discovered in my transaction history it said "removed from game" for all the Saturday contests. Wonder why??
    14. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      $25 a piece if you beat Barry in the Dockers v Cats game. He finished 401 :cool:

Attached Files:

15. Bucko
      Bucko
      Snuck home by a single point with Mackie vs Hawkins. ;)

$49 in my account for the weekends efforts, and I'll be chasing up why I was removed from the 6 Saturday contests. (I beat Barry in 3 out of 4, not sure about the two NRL games)
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Bucko
      Bucko
      Spoke to draftstars on that chat someone mentioned (I worked out how to message them with @DRAFTSTARS) and they said it was done in error and adding my winnings to my account in the next 30 mins :)
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Iain
      Iain
      I managed $103.69 from the beat Barry/Wendell comps over the weekend. Missed a few of them but that total includes the free comps and the $1 entry ones.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. walesy
      walesy
      Think it's fair to say that you beat Barry/Wendell :D
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Bucko
      Bucko
      Well they credited $104.04 for my three wins on Saturday - I think they've just given me the winnings from every game !
      Total $152.46 for the weekend.
      Can anyone tell me where Barry finished in each of the 4 Saturday AFL games ?
      • Like Like x 3
    20. Iain
      Iain
      Got another $70 from yesterday's $15 comp but was $170 until I got dudded by post-game scaling.

Bucko sounds like they did just credit you for all of them, good score.