Partial Lockout

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TerryinBangkok, Mar 8, 2011.

1. BigLance

BigLance New Member

I remember seeing the Rnd 1 partial lockout loophole tip being printed the the Herald Sun in the last couple of weeks so i would be very surprised if it wasn't in play.It's just become an accepted part of the season.

2. spud

spud New Member

It looks that way.

And why not? What better way to deal with it than make it public so less people are at a potential disadvantage?

All it really allows you to do is double dip/hedge your bets with the captain choice anyhow. I can see it causing people a headache if their Richmond/Carlton player scores around 120.

What would people settle on as a score from Judd/Gibbs/Lids/Murph/Jroo that would prevent them from changing it on the Friday?
    Personally I'd settle with anything over 130, would definitely try my luck with anything under 115 but am not sure between 115-130.

3. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

So guys if I had say Duigan & Batchelor (tigers) on bench & played Croad, do I only get the lowest of the two emerg. scores if I let that stand? If 3rd emerg. is playing (say Hibberd) & I'm not happy with emerg. scores I can swap him on the Friday with Croad? Have i got that correct?

4. Corks

Corks Member

Spud - really good question. I reckon anything over 130 I'd keep, under I'd roll the dice with a Goddard / Swan.

HeavyMen - too hard to crack this one with 2 players as emegencies, as you'll only get the lower of the 2. Need to pick one, and hope you pick the right one and he goes OK.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I'm not entirely sure I have your question right.

If you name a player in the Thursday game as either VC, C or an emergency, you can't change this after that game locks out (i.e. at the opening bounce).

6. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Thanks Corks, also I think Gibbs as VC (over Deledio) happy with anything over 115. Pies have what looks like a couple of easier games in 1st few rounds so problem then is Swan or Pendles as capt. choice, if Gibbs < 115. Surely Pies for capt. options look good early?? (Port, Roos, Blues & Tigers). Does kick - handball ratio hurt Swan or Pendles more anyone?

7. Chappy

Chappy New Member

Jason,
    Thanks heaps for the clarification. All over it now.

8. Corks

Corks Member

Swan tends to get some really big numbers, he replaced Ablett as my PermaCaptain in back half of 2010. He gets tackles, kicks goals, and has a high effective ratio. On the counter, Pendles looked great last week, and would have scored big. But at half rat power Swan still grabbed 100+. Swan for me, unless Judd grabs 130+.

9. suther

suther Member

SC home page has the rules for Partial LockOut - and the loop hole still exists.....

How does the Round 1 Partial Lockout system work?
    - The competition will go into a 'Partial Lockout' mode at the start of the Carlton v Richmond game, at 7:10pm AEDT on Thursday, March 24.

- Once in Partial Lockout mode, any Carlton or Richmond players selected in your team will be 'locked in' - you'll no longer be able to remove or substitute them.

- Similarly, Carlton and Richmond players will no longer be selectable.

- You may continue to edit your team as usual with the remaining players and teams up until the start of the Friday evening match between Geelong and St Kilda, at 7:40pm AEDT, March 25. The competition then goes into FULL LOCKOUT mode with the complete teams locked in. NO further team editing is possible.

- If you have selected a Captain, Vice Captain and/or any Emergencies from your Richmond or Carlton players prior to the Thursday night, they can NO longer be de-selected or changed. If you did not, these options will remain available to you through to the full lockout on Friday evening.

- Similarly if you did not make any/all of the above selections, you cannot make those changes with Richmond or Carlton players (i.e. you can't name a Carlton player to be an emergency once the match is under way and a partial lockout is in effect).

10. buzz

buzz Member

If I leave Judd vc, can I have swan as c on Thursday. Then if Judd scores 200, can I bring on a GC player in a line covered by an emerg. Make them C taking it from swan. Or do u have to start on Thursday with Judd vc and a GC player on field marked as capt and either leave or change capt pending Jidda score after Thursday.

11. spud

spud New Member

Good question Buzz. It sounds like the same thing with the same result, but I wonder if only one way works?

12. boydshow

boydshow Guest

<blockquote>Quote from buzz on March 22, 2011, 23:12
    If I leave Judd vc, can I have swan as c on Thursday. Then if Judd scores 200, can I bring on a GC player in a line covered by an emerg. Make them C taking it from swan. Or do u have to start on Thursday with Judd vc and a GC player on field marked as capt and either leave or change capt pending Jidda score after Thursday.</blockquote>

Either is fine

13. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on March 8, 2011, 20:11
    Does seem odd that they wouldnt have looked into fixing it.. If you take the gamble and they have indeed fixed the loophole you could really ruin your entire overall ambitions..</blockquote>
    No entirely a season killer as last season i forgot to name a captain in round 1. Still managed a top 100 finish - although i wonder what would have been if i had named ablett as captain like i intended to :|

14. badger

badger New Member

Gday boys. Long time first time.
    Love the site. Going for League win only this year.

Im all over the C/VC partial lockout, but will it work with hedging on rookie scores?
    Example. For my D7 position, I can choose from Duigan, Lower, Puopolo, or Tape.
    Can I select Tape in my starting 22 (knowing he cant score), and put Duigan as an my emergancy. See what he scores on Thursday night and if its ok for a rookie, take the punt and keep his score. If he flops, take Tape off the field, and replace him with Lower before the final lockout, hoping he gets a better score than Duigan.

15. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Can someone please confirm what is going through my head before I ruin my season before its begun.

I have 3 GC players (all different positions): Stanley, Swallow and Matera on the park before the partial lockout, with Duigan, Foley and Yarran on the bench chosen as my emergencies. What I am planning on doing is seeing what those emergencies score on Thursday night and if I'm happy with their score then I will leave it as is, but if Im not happy, then I will swap my GC players for another of my bench players and take whatever score they produce.

It makes sense to me, I just need some confirmation.
    Cheers!

16. gish

gish New Member

That makes sense to me. I have Toy on the bench so I can put him on the field and name Duigan as the emergency! Nice work - lets hope it works!!

17. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

18. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

<blockquote>Quote from badger on March 23, 2011, 14:32
    Gday boys. Long time first time.
    Love the site. Going for League win only this year.

Im all over the C/VC partial lockout, but will it work with hedging on rookie scores?
    Example. For my D7 position, I can choose from Duigan, Lower, Puopolo, or Tape.
    Can I select Tape in my starting 22 (knowing he cant score), and put Duigan as an my emergancy. See what he scores on Thursday night and if its ok for a rookie, take the punt and keep his score. If he flops, take Tape off the field, and replace him with Lower before the final lockout, hoping he gets a better score than Duigan.</blockquote>

No reason this shouldn't work... I was trying to work out how to sort this out and I'm pretty sure you nailed it.

**rushes off to SC HQ to change team lineup**

19. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

I believe everyone on here when they assure that this works with Supercoach, however my one question about this loophole is does it also work with Dreamteam, Yahoo and VirtualSports as well????
    I can't understand why it wouldn't considering the game engines for all of these are generated by the same place - but i would be grateful to hear if it definitely does or doesn't.

20. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

DT no probs.