Pittard v Watson v McKernan v D.Stanley

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Apr 6, 2011.

1. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

This one is doing my head in and is my only potential trade this week. Still have S Buckley sitting there.

There is a fair chance Pederson could get a gig for Thompson whose form has been poor thus far + he may be useful pinch hitting in the ruck against the likes of Crapula. Beyond this his JS is anybodys guess, but clearly can score high and if he can pull out good game against Freo then Nth get a few wins against Richmond and Nth he could be a really good cashcow.

I see Smith and McKernan both having about the same job security and scoring ability. Leaning slightly towards Smith for his potential to run off the backline and quality footskills. Plus Moran and Jacobs may get their shot in the next few weeks.

So for me I will probably bring in Smith this week and watch for Pederson next week - maybe for Batchelor who hasn't really set the world on fire.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

you don't have to have every fast cow. Assuming Batchelor isN'T dropped, he should be an ok slow burner. Richmond have a tough draw so far, so he has had somewhat of a baptism of fire (and Pies this week won't help).

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Your suggestion of S.Martin was indeed sound advice Lucas.

I'm still a little concerned about Markovic's long-term JS - half expecting him to make way at any stage and this is the last round that I can direct swap him into McKernan.

Trouble is that I need to forsee team selection in R5 on Markovic now. Maybe he does stay in the 22 until Hargrave returns, which is still another month away. But maybe he is the first one cut at selection after the bye, and then it might be too late to sideways into McKernan.

4. demonspud

demonspud Member

Coad looks good for next week, of course depending on how he plays this week. Getting a good GC cash cow outside Harris, Smith and (Swallow).... looks tough.

For me a good cash cow has to average over 60 to be worth 300+. So I'm currently not happy with having Bewick, Matera, Dixon..Stanley on the edge. I'm tough on my cows, I am from the country after all.

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Too late for McKernan but possibly perfect for Hibberd. (McKernan as a defender, right?)

In the end, you can't jump on every train that comes by. The key is making sure those you downgrade to also flourish.

Fact is, you need 16-18 appreciating rookies to get a fully upgraded side.

None of us now have the 18 that we need to make this happen.

Most of us I reckon have 5 defenders, 1 ruckman, 4 midfielders and 4 forwards. We have to find another 4 good 'downgrade targets'. Certainly at least two we can churn.

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Why is it too late for McKernan though? He is on the bubble just now. And yes is is a defender (D/F).

If Markovic gets dropped for R5, the McKernan ship will have well and truly sailed by this time...

7. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

edit - didn't see the dates of post in first page. :?

Anyway, McKernan - I'm still interested in perhaps bringing him into the side if he is named in the final teams. Craig seems to like him. Was his round one score a fluke?

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Smith was named on the wing and McKernan on the bench. You can read into that a bit.

Also, Smith came on for Porps when he did his shoulder as the sub, so his round 1 score is decent considering this.

Smith a midfielder, McKernan more of a KP player.

Smith just leading the race over McKernan for mine at the moment.

Thoughts?

9. Zander

Zander Moderator

I still have Cheney sitting on the pine doing nothing, so he is outski. I have narrowed his replacement down to B.Smith or S.Martin (missed him last week). My Dad is a mad Crows fan and he reckons Smith is way better than McKernan... I'm pretty sure he has never heard of Supercoach and is just going on footy ability though so not sure if that helps?