Players from the Same Team

Discussion in 'AFL' started by shortsandahoody, May 30, 2011.

1. shortsandahoody

shortsandahoody New Member

How many players from the same team is to many? it diminishes your scoring, but youre scoring should be more consistent?

Ive got Judd, Duigan, Yarran, Gibbs, and looking for a Premium backman Im thinking Scotland, but that may canbilise my scoring potential,

Or if ive got Rioli, Suckling, Franklin, Puopolo, should i bring in Hodge?

2. DC

DC Member

Depends if you are going for league or overall.

At the end of the day you dont want too many Carlton players in your team with there bye in the 3rd week of the finals unless you are saving trades just to move them out once you get there (Which I wouldnt be doing)

Also if you are going for league have a look at who you are playing each week and if you are playing a weaker team say when the hawks have the bye then you would have the luxury of getting a few extra players from their team.

I am going for league and have already looked at my last 7-8 games of the season to find my weaker opponents and grabbing players from those teams (when there is a bye) and avoiding North/Geelong/Carlton/Essendon...

Planning to win my first final so maybe Geelong players are not bad after all haha

Hope this helps!

3. DC

DC Member

double post.. =\\

4. DC

DC Member

double post.. =\\

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Issue with too many of same team is simply that you don't want to have a hard time getting coverage in a bye.

Hawthorn players are good to get though because their bye is early and GC is in Round 24.

Thing is, if they have a 'home' qualifying final sewn up by then (e.g. top 3 remain the same) then they could have cough cough Hawk flu to prepare for first round of finals.

Pies v Cats another one to watch out for, I can scarcely think either team will go in that hard that night. Might be a night for Selwood to get 180 because he's always going where angels fear to tread.

Still, Pies and Saints for mine in terms of upgrades initially.

6. shortsandahoody

shortsandahoody New Member

Thanks for the tips, I think ill be able to cover for the byes, ill only have 2 from the same team in each line, and have MPP. i was more worried, if Judd, Gibbs, Yarran all score 100+ it makes it hard for Scotland to also score 100? Im trying to upgrade some premium backs, but i dont really like anyone, the two i like, shaw and scotland are risky because i already have quite a few players from each team. Carltons Bye in the finals is annoying..

7. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

I'm having a similar problem with Freo players.
    I have lower, Broughton, Pav and Sandi and I'm bringing in Mzungu this week most likely. This makes me wary of Mundy, who otherwise I would love as my final midfield upgrade.

Am I being too paranoid?

Lucas you mention that if byes aren't a problem then neither should multiple players. Freo have the SC bye which is good. They'll also be fighting all year to stay in the 8 I imagine, so shouldn't suffer from docker flu.
    Should these two facts change my mind?

8. DC

DC Member

=aerodyte

If going for a League win then have as many freo players as you want...