Please Criticise!

Discussion in 'RMT' started by Miner_Mayhem, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Miner_Mayhem

Miner_Mayhem New Member

Howdy,

Love the site! Avid footy follower, but a bit of a SC novice... can I get a little help with my side please?

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Darley ( Bugg, Smedts )
    M: Ablett, Boyd, Selwood, Dangerfield, Coniglio, Ledger ( Shiel, Magner )
    R: Mumford, Giles ( Stephenson, Redden )
    F: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Porplyzia, D.Smith, Pfeiffer ( Kerridge, Hall ).

Still have 247k in the kitty.. improvements? Factoring in I'm essentially only aiming for gloating rights within the league and I'm sold that Dangerfield will explode?

Cheers guys!

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Dangerfield in MIDs isn't where he belongs, either as a FWD or not at all. I suggest not at all and spend the extra cash on a better MID option. The F/M DPP link isn't as essential now that byes aren't a regular problem throughout the season.

3. Miner_Mayhem

Miner_Mayhem New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on March 20, 2012, 22:13
    Dangerfield in MIDs isn't where he belongs, either as a FWD or not at all. I suggest not at all and spend the extra cash on a better MID option. The F/M DPP link isn't as essential now that byes aren't a regular problem throughout the season.</blockquote>

Cheers for the prompt feedback!

Although he is in the midfield atm, I do plan for him to DPP to the forward line with one of the rookies ( given my expectation of him having a ripper season ) and have the rookie upgraded to a premium.

I see what your saying in going the 4 premium midfielders but I feel Swan/Pendles are currently overpriced and having the extra money, it may give me the flexibility to trade in midfielders who have gone down in price and are in form @ the right time.

Am I thinking this sensibly or is that total garbage talk? haha

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Danger could also go forward and you could put in another midfield rookie.

To be honest if that's all we are criticising you look set for a good fun year with that team. Top 1&#37; if you manage it right, but to be honest little chance of winning the 50k only because you are a novice.

To win the 50k you need to do something bold in starting selection, then manage your team like a brilliant military general. Then have shed loads of luck!

But to win your leagues, well that's a different story. A squad like yours should do that just nicely, particularly if it includes people who don't frequent sites like this one.

5. middy_me

middy_me New Member

I don't like Kerridge's job security at all. Smedts also seems a risk when considering which rookies will get plenty of game time. Ledger seems like a likely green vest candidate IMHO - plenty of last quarter action and laps of the ground after the game to keep his match fitness up.

6. Miner_Mayhem

Miner_Mayhem New Member

@Lucas
    haha you make it sound easy to win the 50k!! No, no ambitions of that... just a shit kicker glory hunting amongst a group of try-hard, large mouthed mates! Which is why I'm here asking the experts for their opinions ;)

@middy_me
    I'm not sold on any rookie as yet to be honest... do you have suggestions for whom to replace them with?

Once again, thanks for the help peoples!

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Round 1 selections will help clarify quite a bit (and turn us off some players we should have picked...urghh)

GWS is hard to read. Kennedy looks a goer up forward as does Smith, so you may not need Kerridge.

There's a Hall v Dickson (maybe also v Paine) thought in another forum.

Certainly a range of names because the ranks aren't exactly teeming with talent screaming PICK ME

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Agree with Jason. Have said it elsewhere, Dangermouse and Porps come with risk. One of them will likely pay off. The chance of both paying off is not good. And Adelaide's NAB does not necessarily a summer make.
    My suggestion would be to off Porps and replace him with Dangermouse, while replacing DM with a prem of the stature of Dal Santo, Swan, Watson, etc. Then again, Porps could go big and DM flop. Your choice.

9. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on March 21, 2012, 16:19
    Agree with Jason. Have said it elsewhere, Dangermouse and Porps come with risk. One of them will likely pay off. The chance of both paying off is not good. And Adelaide's NAB does not necessarily a summer make.
    My suggestion would be to off Porps and replace him with Dangermouse, while replacing DM with a prem of the stature of Dal Santo, Swan, Watson, etc. Then again, Porps could go big and DM flop. Your choice. </blockquote>

Agree with TiB, porps shoulder is a risk of going again and if it does and you don't have him your 1 trade ahead of the 80&#37; of ppl that do.

10. Miner_Mayhem

Miner_Mayhem New Member

Thankyou all for the feedback.. Really appreciate your help! Taking your expert opinions into account I have made the follow modifications:

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Darley ( Bugg, Smedts )
    M: Ablett, Boyd, Selwood, Swan, Miles, Ledger ( Shiel, Magner )
    R: Mumford, Giles ( Stephenson, Redden )
    F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, D.Smith, Pfeiffer ( Kennedey, Hall ).

aka -

Coniglio > Miles
    Kerridge > Kennedy
    Chapman > Swan
    Dangerfield --> Forwardline

Better? This with still having 207k in the kitty.. Yes, I know Danger/Porp is a risk but I still believe Danger will go well early on playing more midfield and Porps will hold up. Still definately not sold on Ledger, might go > Wingard. Decisions, Decisions......

11. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

Now that the GWS and Swans teams have been announced, you'll have to make a few more tweaks to the side. Have you considered spending more on the rucks or are you happy to take the risk? Sounds like there's no point in trying to sway you in your selection of forwards. Good luck with it.