PODs For 2012

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Dirty Dog, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Bruizer

Bruizer New Member

What about D. Thomas?

Had a couple of real nice purple patches last year

With Swan and Pendles all the talk, he will avoid the taggers and can do a lot of damage

2. whips

whips New Member

@Bruizer
    As a Pies supporter, I can't have D.Thomas.
    He has avoided the tags of Pendles and Swan over the last 2 years and scored well in SC. But where does the improvement come from?
    And if I may, is there anyone out there who still thinks he's an outside pretty boy?
    Love him!!

3. Bruizer

Bruizer New Member

@whips

His improvement in the last two seasons has been fantastic. He has increased his SC average by 20 points in 2010 and 15 points in 2011

Are you saying he can't average 115?

4. whips

whips New Member

Yep, that's what I'm saying but it's only an opinion.
    I believe he's been in the system long enough to have (pretty much) maxed out as a midfielder.
    IMO there are others who will either maintain premium points (Pendles, GAJ, Selwood) or improve enormously on their 2011 output (Hodge).
    As mentioned, I love Daisy but not as a SC'er.

5. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I have to say I agree with whips, unless there is a significant injury to one of the other midfielders or a change in role by bucks I can't see his score jumping much more than last year.

6. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

To establish who are likely to be POD's, I would like to see the number of SC selections for each player at this point in time. Thought I read somewhere in TS that these numbers could be monitored, but SC site has nothing up yet. Anyone know??

7. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

You will be able to monitor it during the year on the SC site, each player profile will have how many teams they are owned by and what the equals in % of teams. I doubt you will be able to get that info now. All I have seen is an article the Herald Sun put out awhile ago that had the top 10 or so picked players so far.

8. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Thanks NTS. Yeah I reckon someone on TS had a lot more than top 10 recently, and curious as to their source. Maybe I dreamed it !!?!!

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I am seriously considering David Swallow or Sam Iles as my major POD, anyone have a good reason I should pick one over the other?

10. Muppets

Muppets Member

No love for Jobe? Seems to be a good POD for mine. Injury affected last year means he is under priced a little. If he stays fit I think he could knock out a 115 average. He was smashing the Brownlow last year until he got injured - just needs to string the games together so we get the benefits in SC.

11. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I have Watson as an upgrade target, as you say was very impressive early last year, but I'd like to see him run a bit first

12. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

I went through every clubs list and picked out a couple from each club who i thought will be PODs for this year.

A lot of them appear to be that second rung below each clubs superstars.

For instance at Carlton there is Judd, Gibbs, Murphy, Scotland as the SC guns. I felt that Carltons PODs would be Carrazzo, Robinson and Simpson.

At Collingwood I had Ball, Beams, Thomas, Sidebottom and one I thought could score decently was Jarryd Blair.

And so it goes on...

13. Bruizer

Bruizer New Member

Ryan Griffen... Dogs have mentioned that Cooney will play more forward this year. Ward gone... More points available in the middle, loves a goal (24 last year) and sent it into the 50 more than any other dog

Boyd will continue to have 35-40 possessions and will average 120 SC points this year.

Griffen's style of play suits SC and is at the age to go BANG, was also a high draft pick

High of 156 last year, 14 100+, 6 120+, and 4 140+ games

All 22 games, worth a shot at $586K?

14. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

very interesting POD Bruizer...I haven't considered Griffin, but he could be a good POD, sound reasoning behind picking him.

15. whips

whips New Member

Well argued, Bruizer. His bye also suits my current set-up.
    Bugger, just what I need. Another player in the mix!!

16. Kel

Kel Moderator

Good points Bruizer. My most recent team change was to bring in Griffin for Boyd and use the cash to help upgrade a cheap rookie to Wingard.

17. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

The ruck stratergy seems to be a Pod alot of people opting for 1-0-3 me I've been scared off it and gone 1-1-2. Priddis is also my POD.

18. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Griffen in some doubt for R1 after hand surgery this week. Watch this space. I have him in my team at the moment, but it will be a last-minute decision on whether to stick with him or not. Unfortunately with Dogs playing on Sunday we won't have emergencies named and I am fearful of him being a late withdrawal on Sunday.

19. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I agree with you on Hill, although at the same time he could just be tagged out of games again. Shame about Griffin, had just put him in my side until I saw this, guess I'll wait until the last minute as can always switch him back to Boyd or Thompson. As mentioned in this thread, Thompsons start to the year is quite enticing as a POD.

20. Tonche

Tonche New Member

P. Ryder.

Feel like he's finally ready.