Position Focus - Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Thanks Limo, Anyone rate Mike Sheehan? Had Prestiga locked as fwd emerg. but he's NOT in Sheehan's best 22 yesterday & NOT in side to play Lions!

2. kitkat

kitkat New Member

hey guys, stuck on a fwd selection in my team, i've got 350-380k to spend, and i'm tossing up between mitch morton, robbie gray, dawes and tippet. was wondering what others thought on each player were?

3. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

kitkat-Shaun Higgins...if you don't already have him.

4. kitkat

kitkat New Member

thx morko, but i see higgins as a high injury risk, similar to gray except gray has a higher upside.

5. Corks

Corks Member

Good on you kitkat...everyone else has been sucked into Missy again this year, I'm staying clear. Around that price, if you want a POD, I'd look at Dangerfield or Jarrah. Yarran for a bit less will go OK this year off half back as well. Prefer those 3 to Dawes or Tippett.

6. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

@Corks, I'm not sucked in by Higgins at all mate. If anything I'm wary. But the way I see it is, he is currently sitting at F6-he has the capacity to churn out between 90-100ppg barring injury. I certainly won't be complaining if and I say if he produces that.

7. spud

spud New Member

Most of us could well be down another fwd/mid link in light of the recent Mzungu news (potential ACL). On top of Callinan and all of a sudden what was looking like lots of options to take advantage of the MPPs to assist with rounds 4-6 is suddenly looking difficult.

It's almost making Krak a certainty for starting teams, if he wasn't already.

8. Josh

Josh New Member

<blockquote>Quote from spud on March 12, 2011, 14:27
    Most of us could well be down another fwd/mid link in light of the recent Mzungu news (potential ACL). On top of Callinan and all of a sudden what was looking like lots of options to take advantage of the MPPs to assist with rounds 4-6 is suddenly looking difficult.

It's almost making Krak a certainty for starting teams, if he wasn't already.</blockquote>
    Wowee, that makes it hard.. Spewing for the young fella, but hopefully it means Lower can get a gig now.

9. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Mzungu really screws up my team if true. Oh and I just can't seem to trade out Chappy lol.

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Yep i agree GH, stuff mine up a little, now to find a rookie at his price...

11. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Screws up a lot of people. Is it 100&#37; confirmed that he will be out for an extended period?

12. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

How long he will be out for hasn't been confirmed, but he was taken to hospital straight after and couldn't put any weight on his foot.

13. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Ok. Cheers. Taken him out for Swallow in my midfield.

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

So having a quick browse through the rookie forwards ive come up with these guys that could replace him on our benches.

Cameron Richardson - should have been in your teams anyway
    Brandon Matera
    Shaun McKernon - could get games with Adelaides injurys
    Daniel Talia - same as above
    Dion Prestia - little more &#36;&#36;&#36; then Mzungu but may need to think if you want DP

Tom Lynch - Pretty sure he played at Sandy which would show he is bit off playing and Gamble is set to play from round 1.

Not sure where these guys are at in their select teams at the moment, but if anyone can shed some light it might be handy..

Charlie Dixon
    John Butcher
    Luke Tapscott

15. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Richardson, Matera and Prestia should be on top of the list. However, depending on the amount of GC players in your side you may opt for Richardson or someone else.

16. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Personally i already have Richardson, Matera and Prestia. With the recent injuries to Chappy, Mzungu and Callinan, i think we may have to pick a risky mid pricer or two. I moved Krakouer into my midfield, where Mzungu was, and have currently added Missy and Petrie, who is probably still a great choice outside of round 1 and 3, and was great today. I am now also looking at *god forbid* Leon Davis and Yarran. Would rather not have either, but i don't know if i have a choice at this point.

Also looking at Lower and Mckernan, if they can get games.

17. JMac

JMac Member

Anyone thinking Smedts might get a game? Jack Darling might be another to look at, unless someone knows something I don't?
    Also a few to look at (job security might not be great though) are:

Mitch Brown
    Rex Liddy
    Danny Archer/Tommy Walsh (Depending on who gets upgraded)
    Jed Lamb
    Zeph Skinner

18. spud

spud New Member

Talia is the only one of that list I haven't had in my side (have had all the remaining at the same time when trying to replace callinan+chappy) and I won't want him if Mckernan is in the same line. The round 2 bye isn't overly attractive, either.

Prestia being left out this week is an issue, and Matera seems to have gotten in front of him in the pecking order.

Markovic(doggies) was looking okay to start with, but seems to have disappeared as of late.

19. spud

spud New Member

Byron Sumner is getting a good wrap from a few of the Sydney boys on facebook and their forums. Apparently is playing really well tonight against the Saints.

&#36;110,200 forward.

Glad to see Goodes has kicked a few goals as well (4 now), against a strong defensive side. Hopefully his scores reflect his HFF effort however, or he'll continue to be one of those 'only if playing in the midfield' selections. Bradshaw being constantly injured isn't helping his case...

20. Corks

Corks Member

McKernan's numbers all pre season have been great. I'm assuming he is walk-up start for Adel round 1, anyone hearing anything contrary?