Position Focus - Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

@ spud

I think I read somewhere someone saying that Geelong had said SJ was just too valuable in front of the sticks and this potential would be wasted in the mids a bit. And that the empty spot left by GAJ will be taken by Varcoe who wasn't playing when we saw SJ push to the mids...

2. broge

broge New Member

Whats everyones thoughts on Chris Knights??

3. toast

toast New Member

@ crew

mate this is my take on Tapscott that I posted elsewhere.

I reckon he'll play Round 1 and given Melbourne’s desire to pump games into guys of his vintage and their injuries, he'll be given a solid run of several games. Melbourne has stated it's obvious need to clear the ball from the backline and with Tapscott's ability to kick long distances accurately, he'll be their man. Add to this the fact that kicks of this quality are worth 7 Points this season, he may well score well and quickly and therefore moo before he is potentially (but in my opinion, unlikely) dropped. Just my two bobs worth. Good luck!

4. Chappy

Chappy New Member

Nick,
    Totally agree on Stevie J. Anyone thinking of going with Stevie J should seriously think about awapping for Varcoe. Varcoe will be Geelong's most improved player this year. Great forward pressure, fast over the ground and now has the body and confidence to take the next step. He wasn't given the cats no. 5 for nothing.