Position Focus - Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. aj

aj Member

Jesus Ruddy, HELLOOOOO!!!!

No Presti this year. There's all the points right there!

:)

2. crew

crew New Member

All puns aside a smokey imo might be Johnson (Freo) with the MMP ??. Blokes party mode didn't do much for me but he can star & has good price .............Thing I dont know is where does he fit in that team this year ??. More than happy for opinions on this but looking at F5 for Johnson & Johnson. M&D a hard one as usual outside rookies there's not a lot that will be unique.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Morko, a bit of a risk on McCafe

He can seriously play and there are a lot of people in the know at Collingwood who consider his last half of the season better than any other forwards.

That in the best forward press of the comp.

The issue is can he improve? I think he can in goalkicking, and he's consistent. So if the Pies turn into a marauding mob that just goes around handing out 60 point thumpings each week, sure he will benefit greatly, pushing high 90s ppg average. If the Pies grind out wins he will do his role, churn his 80s.

Ruddy, I think Krakouer at the price can rise. Sidebottom and Beams could given more time in the middle, but it's tough with the first choice boys in Thomas/Swan/Didak/Pendlebury. Injuries to the big boys are the main way we will see them rise, and it's not as though injuries haven't cruelled premiers in the past (Hawthorn 09, Essendon 86/94 haha)

4. Lucas

Johnson is do not like until he gets his role sorted out. He is too much of a swingman.

He also has had discipline issues which don't appear to have sorted themselves out over quite a few years.

Not for me.

5. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Yeah, I've taken Macaffer out-at that price there are a whole lot of other options. And as others have pointed out, he is in a pretty potent side so he may not benefit as much in that regard either.

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

imo, Mcaffer will be a good choice. he was in my side for a little while, but have decided against him for now.

anyone know if Darcy Daniher is likely to get early games??

7. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Darcy Daniher is injured for 6-8 weeks with a hip injury.

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

thanks!!

9. Lucas

and a hack bahahaha

apparently only on the list so they can get his brother

a bit like Jason and Cameron Cloke

bahahaha

10. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

you forgot travis...
    kidding!

11. Lucas

What we kept Travis so we could have David around the club more?

"You cannot be serious!"

:D

12. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

Nah, you kept David around too, so you could keep his Mo.

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

any thoughts on Dawes? If Collingwood continue on their merry way, i see him as their marking target up forward (given he can actually kick straight, unlike Cloke...)

He is similarly priced to Morton and Danger, but without the M/F MPP. I'm tossing up those three for F5.

14. aj

aj Member

I won't be getting Dawsey, no. Wouldn't be getting Cloke either. I just don't see these guys as getting the points down at the Pies. Remember that the mojority of our scores come from midfielders. You've also go the case of Cloke being a great mark and shocking kick, whereas Dawes is a reliable enough kick who is only really just starting to stick his marks.

Happy to be wrong on this one though

15. Lucas

I like the boy. Dawes that is.

I think he could become a real force, kicking 3-4 goals a game.

He would have to step up to the next level of not just doing his role, but growing out of it. That's the question you have to ask of the Pies. Can they go to another level? There are so many players who showed only glimpses of their potential with the flag winning team.

But if the team members start growing in their contributions, does this mean the team on the whole starts going down because no one is doing the grunt work / playing their role?

I'm inclined to think that none of the Pies forwards will average over 100, and if any of them do, it will be Cloke.

I'm tipping an ever so slight decline for Didak to high 90s, but would like to be proved wrong.

Of the 3 players you've suggested, I'd think that Dawes is much more of a POD, but much more of a risk, particularly without MPP

16. spud

spud New Member

Prestia and Matera both showed good supercoach signs that game against the Swans.

5 and 7 disposals respectively, with Prestia winning the tackle count 3 to 2. I'm liking the tackling of some of these young GC kids.

17. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Matera is a lock for mine..outstanding

And Prestia very good

Only concern is how do we fit them all in?

18. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Is it a bad idea to start both Franklin and Rioli in the FWD line? I think that both of these guys will be in the top 10 for FWDS at the end of the year, which is why I want them from the start. Rioli seems likely to have a bigger role in the midfield in 2011 and seems to have plenty of upside on his starting price, which is already basically premium (for a forward). Franklin just scores so well in SC, and at his age, I can't see him dropping anything in terms of output this year.

But R6 is killing me. With Chappy and 2 Hawks, I can't have any other FWDs from these teams (I. Smith) or Freo (Hi Mzungu!) which is a major pain.

Is anybody else looking at this dilemma in the FWD line?

19. crew

crew New Member

Worst thing about looking at rookies last night when I go and change my rookie list I lose most of my MPP players ..........It's never easy :(

20. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

@ Jason

Not sure on both in Fwd Line but one things for sure Hawks have a good early draw. Makes it hard during the bye especially with neither being MPP.

I had Rioli all year 2010 and targetted Franklin as an upgrade Premium and that worked ok.

Buddy had 19 one week and that really hurt (right after I traded him in too) and Cyril had a few injuries that slowed him a little early doors.

Cyril not being MPP is only thing that's kept him out of my team. Maybe Didak because he gets you same scores with MPP flex and the Pies circa 2011 look even more ominous.