Position Focus - Midfielders

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Corks

Corks Member

Monty vs Selwood? Can afford either and can't split them. GnR strategy, don't have any other premium Saints or Cats in the mids (but do have 2 other premium Saints, no cats).

2. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on March 14, 2011, 09:00
    Monty vs Selwood? Can afford either and can't split them. GnR strategy, don't have any other premium Saints or Cats in the mids (but do have 2 other premium Saints, no cats).</blockquote>

After watching Geelong v Carlton on Saturday its an easy choice for mine. Selwood imo will become elite this year and is hands down the best midfielder at that club now. I see monty as having a lot more competition for possessions and SC points from the likes of nicky dal and hayes.

3. Corks

Corks Member

Cheers NTS. Gotta love the Selwood kid when he's up and running. Pure, old fashioned, GUN.

4. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Heppell & Sylvia now out & Pav & Atley in. Atley written up as almost certain starter a few weeks ago. Love to hear from any Roo connected ppl on wether he is still in favour for Rd 1.

5. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Out: Kennedy, Black
    In: Boak, Gilbee

Downgraded in the forward line (Roo out, Pav in)
    Apparently Shuey is up for a breakout year. How do you rate him? (Nicely priced, good practice match vs. Freo)

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

No to Gilbee. He won't improve on 2010, might hold the same, more likely will slide a little.

7. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from BennyC88 on March 14, 2011, 11:00
    Out: Kennedy, Black
    In: Boak, Gilbee

Downgraded in the forward line (Roo out, Pav in)
    Apparently Shuey is up for a breakout year. How do you rate him? (Nicely priced, good practice match vs. Freo)</blockquote>

I wouldn't be so quick to jump off Roo, he had a relatively quite pre season last year too and came out with scores of 163 and 164 in the first 2 rounds!

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on March 14, 2011, 09:00
    Monty vs Selwood? Can afford either and can't split them. GnR strategy, don't have any other premium Saints or Cats in the mids (but do have 2 other premium Saints, no cats).</blockquote> Joey for mine... I reckon he will get back to near his 2009 scoring with roo back in the side. Selwood is a no for me because of R6, but depends on the rest of your side. If i was to have a geelong mid, i would pick bartell anyway.

9. JMac

JMac Member

The form line suggests that Selwood would be a safer option, however, I just get the feeling that Joey is in for a big year. I don't know why, just a gut feeling. Also with Ablett gone now I think Selwood will attract the number one tag each week.

But realistically it'll be a toss of the coin. You can't really go wrong with either. And just for the record I don't have either in my side, but am considering both of them or Judd for a spot in my side.

10. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Matt Priddis? He is definitely one mid that rarely gets a mention. Pricey and handballs way too much for my liking but gee, he's consistent and is bound to get loads of the pill in a young inexperienced midfield. With kerr coming back at some stage does this help or hinder him.

11. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@Corks

Definately J Sellwood for mine. Ive gone with Swan, Judd & Sellwood as I think they will all be top 5 this year. I think B Sewell is in for a big year and is pretty good value ATM.

12. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

T.Boak or A.Swallow as M3?

13. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Swallow imo

14. Snert

Snert New Member

Hi Ladies and Gents. My first post and looking for some feedback on Rhys Palmer and Nat Fyfe from Freo compared to Luke Shuey (WCE). They all seem on the up and potentially good value. zlso interested in any thoughts on other mids around the same value. Cheers

15. wal

wal New Member

Nathan Foley is around that price and would be a better option if you are willing to take the injury risk.

16. Corks

Corks Member

@Sert

Foley is v good if he can avoid injury. Close to premium.

17. spud

spud New Member

<blockquote>Quote from b_frazer5 on March 14, 2011, 17:15
    T.Boak or A.Swallow as M3?</blockquote>

Definitely Andrew Swallow.

And according to the latest heraldsun article, you'll be able to pick him up for the same price as David

<blockquote>Not surprising that No.1 draft pick Andrew Swallow (&#36;188,600 mid) was among the Suns' best players, and forward Brandon Matera (&#36;110,200 fwd) wasn't far behind. Both will be in plenty of SuperCoach teams this year.</blockquote>

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/your-latest-supercoach-form-guide/story-e6frf9jf-1226016708254

Sorry to North fans, you won't be receiving any compensation picks either.

And just the other week they had a picture of Jordan Roughead in a bulldogs jumper, accompanying an article relating to Jarryd Roughead and Hawthorn...you would have thought the jumper might have given things away.

18. The_General

The_General Member

@Corks

I'd be going Selwood over Montags, one is coming up to his prime and one is at the pointy end of it.

@b_fraser5

I wouldn't go either at M3 (better options available), but if I had to pick definately A. Swallow (I've never seen what all the fuss on Boak was about and remember he just played GWS).

19. Josh

Josh New Member

selwood or bartel?
    was thinking a selwood upgrade after round 6, but i think it might be better starting with him..

20. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

i think swallow is ready to make the transition to elite midfielder and even if hes having an off day he still lays lots of tackles. Boak has killed last few pre season games i reckon he'll go great this year