Potential Expat League ~

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Simonoz, Feb 8, 2011.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, with lisle out now too, and doubts over buddy, we are seriously lacking tall players. We may end up going in with 2 ruckman (hale and bailey) and 2 undersized defenders (Gibson and Murphy) as our only talls!

And we got a lot of classy smalls missing too! But good to get X back this week.

2. AndrewY

AndrewY New Member

@Anthak - Size is a real issue. Sat behind the goals in the ponsford stand last week. Chipping around and playing an extra man or 2 in defense was ugly to watch.

3. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

@J. I'm 6'3", with a dodgy knee and a mid forties spread, so I'm feeling pretty good to take on Brisbane.
    But there is no such thing as an honourable loss to the Cats. We keep letting them sneak off with those wins when we shouldn't.

4. anthak

Yeah it's been getting a little out of hand hasn't it. Although if our next win against them is similar to our last then it would be extremely well worth the wait!

5. anthak

Drifting off topic and talking about the hawks so much is probably why we are still stuck with the 'potential' tag!

Great topic though! Looking forward to the game today. I don't think Brisbane will be as easy to beat as expected.

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

You can give the talk a rest next week ant.

For those playing them next week, ELev, Hanoi and t-train do not have GAJ. And you won't have Hodge or Mitchell to compensate.

7. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Hi all,

heads up that there is no KOD this week. Decided that I was going to get smashed by snoz no matter what I did so decided to just accept that I would be beaten and save the trade(s).

So you can rest easy this week gentlemen. :)

8. easty01

easty01 New Member

Good stuff, Bill - you may have just tempted me to make some trades this week!

I've been below the radar myself with a move of house followed by a ripper housewarming. It's old news I know (just finished wading through a bunch of posts) but how about Veni Vidi Vici's effort in Round 15... a monster score!

Adcock is the big concern here at Relton HQ. Ever since Merrett got injured Adcock has taken a more accountable defensive role and his points have vanished. Merrett ain't back soon so what to do - trade him out or keep the faith?

Some big match-ups this weekend in the Expat League - good luck, all

9. TerryinBangkok

Not tempted to bring in Boomer this week bjaensch?

Anyone know how much we dropped in the rankings this week?

Good luck to everyone!

10. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Down to 30. I had a crap round, no '0' in the lineup but had Droopy, Fisher and Ablett (C) plus Rookies Atley, Darling and Smith on the ground.

11. TerryinBangkok

Phew, 30 is not too bad, was expecting a plummet. Most of us Ablett perma-caps had miserable rounds, and although that is unlikely to be repeated, benches are a bit thin this week, so not expecting amazing scores except for those with flukey captain choice.

Boomer. Will he play?

12. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Tibby, no trades to anyone this week I'm afraid. Starting to get low on trades and recognise that I will get beat this week anyway so am just going to suck it up.
    Good luck everyone!
    Cheers,
    Bill

13. TerryinBangkok

Right. So everyone is going to play Heater on the bench and not trade. Right.

14. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Tib,

I am still not going to trade this week. Will not change the result I am anticipating.

So, still not KOD this week guys.

cheers,
    BIll

15. anthak

I didn't have him thankfully. But still made 2 trades. Now just got 2 left...

16. easty01

easty01 New Member

TiB, I sent his dumb ass sideways for Newman (v GC).

Hopefully Newman does the business and the extra points get me over the line against E-Leviathans...

17. TerryinBangkok

@easty
    Newman did the business, as for the line......

@ant
    Noticed those trades, makes the side look a lot stronger.

So far this round (Sunday morning) Hanoi has a very handy 1671/16 and looks set for a big win.

Simon (5) 1642/14 in an intriguing tussle with Bill (1) 1411/14. Bill still has his Captain to play, but has gone way out left field by putting the cap on Mzungu. A gutsy, if somewhat unusual, move.

A tight struggle between Sam (7) 1529/13 and James (11) 1466/12, boils down to Boyd vs Cross, but Sam will cop a donut with Richo and James might just sneak home.

Clint (4) 1837/15 and John (3) 1810/16 are exactly matched in the forwards left to play, but Clint has big John Griffin to bring it home.

The Talor train (9) 1257/13 has pulled into the station. Trailing Anthony (13) 1601/14 whose recent trades are paying off and still has POD Bolton up his sleeve for finals. t-train still to play his Captain, but will cop the Shaw donut.

Corey (10) 1340/13 with Captain Selwood still to play has his work cut out trying to catch Dave (2) 1849/16, who looks set for a big one.

Steve (6) 1629/14 is locked in a tight one with Squiddy (12) 1578/13. Steve has a 132 point edge thanks to super emergency Talia. Both have Enright and Boyd to come, while forwards are fairly evenly matched. Might come down to Griffin vs Petrie in the ruck.

Lot riding on Mzungu’s shoulders this round and looks like there will be some movement on our ladder.

18. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Nice Write Up TiB.

I did go down although not by as much as I thought I would. It all came down to Captain and as I wasn't sure if Ablett would actually play and not having an EMG, I put the C on Goddard v Clint (VVV) and got rolled by 23. The Captain difference between Pendles and Goddard - 78.

I didn't trade this week. Trusted the DEF line to do the job and they did with Lower, my usual D7 pumping out the 146 plus Stanley D8 going the tonne up. Will likely trade this week though.

19. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

TiB,

the Mzungu captain choice was a FU. Not sure how it happened to be honest, I had been thinking Goddard and thought I had put the C on him, and was a bit freaked out when I saw the C on the "wrong" guy. Oops.

The only captain choice that might have gotten me close enough to think I might have had a chance against The Simon would have been Pendlebury or Joey and I only casually considered Penndles, thinking that the Blues and Pies would be a tight game with the guns tightly held. Oops again.

At least I was the only victim of my own, self inflicted KOD this week. :-D

20. TerryinBangkok

Ah, life at the top is full of interesting twists and turns.

No scores under 2k for our league this week, so we should be good.

Our ladder is looking a bit cramped in the top 8, very little % splitting them. James will be doing his darndest to deny Simon a top 4 while trying to sneek a place in the 8 for himself. Beans has a tough ask facing bjaensch, can't afford to slip. Same can be said for the Husslah.

Have they left their run too late? Squiddy and anthak look to have got their teams together and are making a charge at the 8. Squiddy has the tough task of VVV (a neat 100 dif. this week), while ant has to try and get past ELev. Two games to go folks, so warm up your Mzungus.