Potential Expat League ~

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Simonoz, Feb 8, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

With all the expected outs, very level playing field coming up. While I might get Dawes back, my bench cover with the likes of L. Thompson and Callinan not being given a start mean that my holding Dawes for 7 weeks amounts to nothing. Just when you think you might be able to strengthen your side or spring a surprise trade, all you are doing is replacing your finger in the dyke with your thumb.

I managed to get through last week copping a donut due to the Vardy bye and Smith being rested and now I discover Vardy is gone for the season. If Cox is rested I will have to pull on a jumper and do the ruck work myself.

2. husslar

husslar New Member

@TIB

Great summaries mate, i feel fortunate to still be alive but my Sunday boys lifted on the weekend and got me through. The headbutt on Sylvia's elbow is a real blow to my side.
    I hope you get some tap outs in the ruck mate because i need some very good supply as i will be playing forward this week; and instead of oranges i may be munching on donuts at half time.

Good luck all and lets keep the league ranking going up!

3. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Good luck to the remaining combatants this week gentlemen.

I reckon I might even have a chance this week pending Husslah's trade status. As in if he has one I'm screwed and if he doesn't I have a chance.

VVV vs the Relton's is going to be watched closely, will be quite a tight match I think with (by my rough count) only 6 players on the ground per team likely to be different between them. Birchall, Broughton, McEvoy, Fyfe, Mzungu and Smith vs Adcock, Bock, Mummy, Stevie J, ROK and Petrie Relton's with a slight edge forward of center.

Like the look of the Coodabeens in Prelim 1 for the minors and thank christ Freuromantle didn't make it into the top 8 with what looks to be the best overall line up for this week with lots of bench coverage as well! No disrespect to Tibby and the t-train.

enjoy your weekend guys.

4. TerryinBangkok

Yeah bj, the Coodas look like the Willbees this weekend. Pity squiddy left his run a bit late.

5. kaiser

kaiser New Member

well done relton's - it was close but VVV (me) was rolled by the better team. its a tough school around here. good luck next week.

if i don't post again thanks to all involved this year and simonoz for organising, it's been great going up against coaches from around the globe.

ill be following the forum to join the expats league again next year.

all the best guys

6. easty01

easty01 New Member

Cheers, Kaiser

Our teams were very similar so I was dreading our PF - spent most of Sunday praying that Deledio or Bock weren't late withdrawals (that would have unleashed Puopolo's score from the bench and turned the match on its head).

Good to have you posting and look forward to facing off again next year in "Expats 2012: The Sequel".

@BJ - it's down to you and me, mate... Singapore vs Canada fighting it out for the cup. May the best team win!

7. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Easty, cheers mate, looking forward to it.

I got lucky with some good scorers this week and the Husslah was hurt by injury, suspension and general soreness. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

I reckon you got me though as I find it hard to believe that Judd could have 2 bad games in a row and I think your forwards and backs are of a higher overall quality.

In any case, a fight to the finish and, as you say, may the best team win.

8. husslar

husslar New Member

@TS EXPATS

Great league fellahs and BJ, too good; even with a trade i would not have beaten that score!

Look forward to next year and good luck to the finalists.

9. TerryinBangkok

So, its down to our top 2. And shame on you gentlemen - you were outscored again by Squiddy in the minors last week.

Gee, easty looks strong and Below the Radar has quite a collection of bandaids, but anything can happen. Couple of trades would be handy right about now.

Hope 'teams' is kind to you both and good luck!

10. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

Hawks resting everyone

11. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Yes, the band aids are everywhere. Yes, all the Hawks out changes up the match ups quite a bit (only 11 common players between us for the GF). Yes, a trade or two would be very handy right now. :-D

I anticipate getting a smashing. Got my fingers crossed that my very left field POD captain choice this week works out. And that Jonesy has the tagging effort of his life tomorrow on Judd. And Stevie J does not get a kick against the Pies. Etc, etc, etc

Even if el Capitan does work out I'll probably still go down. But it's not over until the fat lady sings!

Again, good luck Easty and may the best team win.

12. TerryinBangkok

Never die wondering bjaensch. Great stuff!

13. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

Bjaensch, if Gilbert is in your team, make him captain. He's due a big one.....honest......no, really.....honestly

14. TerryinBangkok

Honesty not always the best policy. Sadly 115 is "big" when it comes to Sam. At least you got the form right Neil.

Close, but think we have two winners. The fight at the top was magnificent. Could not have asked for more. And down the bottom, still predicting Squiddy will outscore you all.

Unfortunate perhaps, but don't think Jade Rawlings has a 200 left in him. If he ever did.

15. squidmanus

squidmanus New Member

I dont know how I managed to outscore every team in the league throughout the finals. timed my run a bit late I think.

16. TerryinBangkok

Quite a good struggle our granny, but easty prevailed over bjaensch and takes home the silver as the inaugural winner of the Potential Expats League. Well done.

And a special mention for Squiddy who took out the minor. Just keep the momentum going into next year mate and park yourself in that top 8.

Don't know about you, but I've had a lot of fun. An average of 2,224 and a ranking of 37 is a mighty effort and puts us ahead of some of the more fancied TS leagues. Anyone interested in the draft or other news can post on here during the off. I at least will be dropping by occasionally as we turn over every stone looking for that rookie who will be an overnight star.

And finally. Droopy. I tip my hat to you man. You screwed me all year and you managed to get me again in my one and only granny, by 6 points. But you will not be considered for my side next year.

17. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Easty, congratulations on the win mate.

Putting the C on Mummy was a spectacular failure on my part.

Anyway, really enjoyed the comp this year and am looking forward to next year's league.

Cheers,
    Bill

18. easty01

easty01 New Member

Cheers to you, Bill, and to all in our league this year... it's been a ripper contest from the start.

Personally, I'm rapt to take the title as my focus was always on leagues rather than overall and I got rolled in a couple of others I should have won.

As far as overall goes, I managed to improve from 14,976 last year to 392 this year - a massive improvement which was due to discovering this website (plus some trade advice from you guys when my frazzled brain couldn't take it anymore during the year!).

Enjoy the break, guys, and look forward to going around again 2012.

Easty

19. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone know how to get onto spm67??

<blockquote>Quote from spm67 on February 11, 2011, 20:30
    Registered in league :

'Bucks Fizz' - PNG</blockquote>