Pre Rd 3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Holey, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

mmm dilemma. foley for curnow is a lock for me.

my issue is should I get swan in for boyd or tapscott for richardson/darling in the forward line.

should have traded rd1

2. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

@Whyt_ee
    IMO Tapscott 4 Richardson is good. Darling looking OK as fwd emerg. Do you have Libba already?

3. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

@Whyt_ee
    You're not really serious about that Swan > Boyd trade are you? Pick up Swan after the Pies byes. I also think the other trades you are considering will come back to haunt you. Foley will improve his scores. Richardson/Darling also have performed well to date. Don't you have any under performing rookies in your team to consider instead?

4. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

MF
    yeah atley is on the block. I also have conca, swallow and harris.

Libba for conca could work but I know conca will play alot!

Harris is gold.

Swallow will plug away all year.

FWD
    i have matera, darling and richardson so its looking ok "I think".

DEF
    duigan, hunt, lower and heppel.
    Hunt will go but prolly not until Hibberd is back, so not really worried about him yet. I'll cash in on his 10k price rise!
    Happy with Duigan and Heppel.

Just can't handle watching Swan each week.

5. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Hi all, not sure what to do, thinking of trading Krak for Libba/Curnow then Yarran for Dawes before his price rises. If I don't do this it would be Krak for Libba & Atley for Curnow I'd then have 127k in the bank which would mean if Yarran broke even I would have 437k to use next week, will this be enough to get Dawes after his inevitable price rise?

6. Fez

Fez Moderator

Eagle eyed I wouldn't b trading out krak after just game cos he was the sub

7. spud

spud New Member

While it was a nuisance of a week sub wise with Krak and Lower, I doubt that teams will run with the same subs week in week out, but rather use it as an opportunity to rotate the youngsters throughout the year to help them last a bit longer.

The good thing with Krak is that the Pies are the friday night game so we'll know whether he's been nominated again or not before lockout. He was, however, also subbed off in round 1. MM probably just trying to ease him into it. He scores well when he is on, and while the subbing will be frustrating as he'll take longer to go up, he could turn into a very handy mid/forward cover player towards the end.

8. spud

spud New Member

Curnow will certainly be on a lot of peoples radars this week, especially those who currently hold Ately and are unimpressed with his scoring.

The well known danger with Curnow is his job security or lack thereof once McLean gets back from injury. He played well against GoldCoast, but who didn't? And while he had a good last quarter against the tigers and scored accordingly, he didn't set the world alight earlier.

It would have been nice to have seen him against a stronger side this weekend but not to be.

If we could be guaranteed a few more games from him, he has scored that highly in the first two that it would almost be enough. The danger, is that he has a stinker against the Pies, still shoots up his ~70-80k but then is never heard from again. A nice price rise, but certainly not enough for a trade.

9. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

This pre rd3 trade decision is tearing me apart!

Unfortunately don't have any of the 3 gun rookies (curnow/libba/tapscott) despite having had them in my draft team and taken them out for whatever reason. It's difficult to predict which rookies will be the biggest cash cow I guess.

Using up the 2 trades this week I think it'll have to be

Either Curnow or Libba for Conca/Bewick/(Irons,not enough $ to upgrade)

and Tapscott for Richardson/Matera/Petrie/Darling

I think Curnow vs Libba is particularly difficult with lots of interesting points being made already. I'm in favour of Libba at the moment - possibly better JS being amongst WB best this wkend, has a good run of easier teams in the upcoming weeks, but is younger/smaller than the mature age Curnow. Curnow already has 2 tons in the bag which is hard to ignore in terms of $$, but will he get dropped?
    I'm thinking of jumping off Bewick, although Conca looked quite overwhelmed against STK and will free up 50k.

Trying to figure out who to swap out for Tapscott is giving me a huge headache. I think Matera/Darling should definitely stay in leaving Petrie/Richardson. Petrie has a much higher scoring potential than Richardson, who isn't really underperforming either.
    Tapscott was really impressive against the Hawks and has a sweet long kick - I think he is definitely a must have and missing out will be costly.

Slightly long, but any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

10. Triza

Triza New Member

I'm also in the same boat, don't have any 3 of the gun rookies unfortunately!! So choosing which 2 to bring in is extremely difficult.

11. Heater

Heater New Member

Hmm, think I might go Atley > Libba. Curnow's JS worries me. Already got Tapscott but concerned about Richardson's JS after getting thumped by the Pies; he looked done in by 3 quarter time. Still I have Matera & Darling as back-ups in the forward line. Also Prestia > Libba might be an option as it frees up some cash too. Plenty of tough decisions this week!!!

12. OffInTheWoods

OffInTheWoods New Member

Everitt has let me down the past few weeks and looking for an alternative.
    Will have 370k available, any one got any ideas?

13. SpoonDeWood

SpoonDeWood New Member

Likewise here. I'm set on Tapscott in for Gamble in the fwds, but agonizing over whether to use a second trade for Libba or Curnow. Bench mids currently read: Swallow, Bewick & Savage, so I'm not too dissatisfied, but it'll be hard for Bewick to prosper with the way Brisbane are heading. Hmmm...

14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I think you should wait for the best buys.

I will try to this week do a bit of an analytical approach to the sideways trade option.

The biggest teaser I can give to the article (probably out Wednesday) is that every trade needs to net you 200 points at least. If it don't do that, don't do the trade.

15. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Yep, unlucky Everitt owner here also. Think i'll go the other way, downgrade him into Heppell and pocket the cash for later upgrades.

16. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Very happy with my side at the moment, only one change I'm looking at, and that's for my rookies.

In my midfield, I have Heppell, Harris, Swallow, Conca, Bewick and Atley.

I think Atley may be the only one I may trade out, but not sure if I go Curnow or Libba. At this stage I am thinking Libba, they have GC this week and Curnow will have the Pies. Though the bulldogs have a bye the following week, while Carlton will play Essendon, which could be another tough game, Essendon tend to have Carlton's measure in the past.

The other rookies I'm not sure of at this point is Batchelor in defence and Richardson up forward, but I don't want to make too many quick decisions and side trades with other rookies, so I'm thinking just the Atley one at this stage.

Thoughts?

17. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Some advice please... I have Hibberd in my mids as MPP sitting on my bench and also have Bewick. (Kicking myself for not changing Hibberd to Heppell when i found out he wasn't selected...)

Now considering the following trades. Hibberd to Curnow and Batchelor to Heppell.

Backs are: Goddard, Gibbs, Chaplin, Grimes, Lower, Duigan, Lester, Stanley, Toy, Batchelor.

Mids are: Swan, Judd, Sellwood, Boyd, Krakwhore, Harris, D Swallow, Bewick, Hibberd.

Does anyone think either one or both of these trades are warranted or worthwhile?

Only playing for league wins and I have Tapscott up fwd.

18. turbo

turbo New Member

Curnow v Liberatore?

Given rd 8 onwards tends to be cow culling time, here are their respective opponents up until then. Perhaps pay particular attention to the final 3 at your projected trade point as these will be in the rolling average.

Curnow
    3 Collingwood
    4 Essendon
    5 Adelaide
    6 Sydney
    7 St Kilda
    8 Bye
    9 Geelong
    10 Melbourne

Liberatore
    3 Gold Coast
    4 Bye
    5 Fremantle
    6 Collingwood
    7 Sydney
    8 Richmond
    9 West Coast
    10 Hawthorn

19. OffInTheWoods

OffInTheWoods New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Morko78 on April 4, 2011, 10:18
    Yep, unlucky Everitt owner here also. Think i'll go the other way, downgrade him into Heppell and pocket the cash for later upgrades.</blockquote>

I already own heppell, lower, oten, stanley and Duigan. And apart from those guys i dont really see much more potential for rookie backs. There probably are a few but i'd rather a decent mid pricer.

20. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

I don't have Heppell so he's in.