Pre Rd 3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Holey, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

I took a gamble and brought Troy Chaplin in as a POD instead of Enright...

I haven't seen any Port games this year, so other than the fact that Port haven't won a game, I don't know the reason for his poor scores?

Does anyone know a reason for Chaplin's poor form? Should I bite the bullet and trade in Deledio, Enright or Newman for him instead?

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from yumcha on April 5, 2011, 10:40
    Why all the hate on Atley?

Confirmed JS, Good background, proven athletic skills, and he's a ROOKIE! Put in the team to earn bit of money even if he's scoring 40s-50s per game. Although he is scoring in 30s ... but granted they did play against Pies.

A slight waste of a trade, no? A playing rookie for another rookie?</blockquote>

Its all about cash generation yumcha. Libba and Curnow will make a lot more cash a lot quicker than Atley, and therefore premium upgrades will be able to be made much sooner.
    Plus everyone is scared Curnow is like the Barlow of last year.

3. jaredal

jaredal New Member

I took too many gambles on midpricers I thought would have a good year. I now want to reverse two of those decisions to bring in Libba and Curnow.

I've already decided Nathan Foley will be out, now I need to decide on Tom Rockliff or Bernie Vince. I'm leaning towards Bernie as I also have two other crows but no other lions.

Thoughts?

4. Iceman

Iceman New Member

Not sure of your logic jaredal. Foley was sick round 1 and should have been rested. He scores 83 in round 2 and is looking like starting to regain match fitness after barely playing AFL in the last 2-3 years. If you are going to bail on your mid pricers already then you will run out of trades very quickly. Hold pat and back the boys you chose over the pre season.

5. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Have all the gun rookies except Heppell but here is my trade dilemma - if anyone has an opinion:

Everitt > Heppell -then I could do the following:

A Krak > Dawes

Petrie > Dawes (Smith seems to be able to cover R3 now)

C Richardson > K Hardingham or Josh Hill.

Thanks

6. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Frosty, might want to give your mid pricer more than jsut 2 rounds. Can't see the sense in trading Krak as he could be a supersub kind of player all year. Petrie the same. It's a big ask to expect a kid like smith to be a back up ruckman all year. Personally I am keeping Richo. Has done OK considering the tough conditions & Nths weakened team in rnd 1 and then athumping by the Pies rnd 2.

7. OffInTheWoods

OffInTheWoods New Member

Matt Suckling?
    Who is he and can he keep up the current form?

8. banz

banz New Member

jaredal, 83 against the saints is not to bad. If you consider trading Foley I think you must exclude his round 1 score, he should not have been out there.

Frosty Krack is an interesting one, more so if he is going to play the sub role on a regular basis, that is not start, or the player that is subbed. He could easily start, score 40 and be subbed, so is he a cash cow or a perma F9/M9 link?

He can play and score, but he wont be playing Port and North every week.

Not sure, one thing I am sure of is he has 200k next to his name, but how far is he going to move, and when?

With rounds 4 - 6 coming up, I would like to think I could rely on Krack to be a starter and play 3/4's, but can I?

9. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Thanks for responding guys, know trades are gold I should just stay with Everitt>Heppell.

10. banz

banz New Member

Frosty, could you take Krack to Chapman?

Now there's a trade, risk and all :)

11. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Would love to but not enough &#36;&#36;&#36;&#36;

12. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

robby warnock is looking interesting,would free up alot of cash with cox and sandi there at the moment, and montagna will be my first rookie upgrade if things keep going the way they r.

13. whufc

whufc New Member

Throwing up the idea of trading Mitch Morton out and bringing in Luke Shuey.

Good idea or just wasting a trade.

14. Zander

Zander Moderator

Not looking to trade him just yet, but whats the go with Kyle Cheney?
    He was picked for rd 1 at lockout time, then was made an emergency over the weekend, then just dropped off the radar and I haven't seen him mentioned anywhere since.
    Injured? no good? both?

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Too much competition for his spot at the Hawks Zander. Even if he gets in, he'll have Puopolo snapping at his heels. I'd stay away.

16. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Lothe to make a trade but have Cassisi (mid POD, nice idea & thanks Lucas, looked good until the injury). Can anyone explain Embley's return to 100+ scoring after 5 years in mid price wilderness? Or am I chasing last 2 weeks points and former glory of a 30 year old?

Dazza

I went with Robbie from the start (sorry Lucas, you couldn't convince me he wasn't going to do well) and I'm still confident.

Cheers

17. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Off topic, but does anyone know why Hibberd is not on Essendon's injury list? I heard he was a couple of weeks away with a quad injury, but I can't find any info to confirm this?

Looking to trade him if he's definitely not coming back for a couple...

18. theclaud

theclaud New Member

@melbandy

I would be suprised if Embley will be able to keep that up for most of the season, let alone the whole year.

He's always seems to have those days were he smashes it. I would say clear.

You are better off going for a proven gun.

For around that price though there doesn't seem to be too much, though I like the looks of Sam Mitchell and ROK both coming back from an injury filled season last year...

But thats my thoughts, I might be wrong.

19. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Thanks for your insight. Thought it might wishful thinking. Hope he keeps up the good work for WCoast supporters, but I won't be going there.

20. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

Great discussion on the correction trades - love this site. For the Libba / Curnow debate, I would pick Libba as he's got weaker competition around when you'll be looking to slaughter and Ratten can be a bit of a wildcard when it comes to player selection... he's pissed me off a couple of times when I had 'fringe' Carlton players in previous years.

I am at a bit of a loss as to what trades would be best for my team as I would love to get Tapscott and/or Libba in (I might just have trigger finger).

My team:

Gibbs, Delidio, Broughton, Heppell, Lower, Duigan, Otten (Hibberd, Pederson, Hunt)

Swan, Selwood, Judd, Goddard, Harris, D. Swallow (Bewick, Conca, Krakouer)

Sandilands, Cox (Z. Smith, Petrie)

Roo, Goodes, Franklin, Rioli, Dawes, Fyfe, Darling (Richardson, Matera, Mckernan)

Def - I hate that I decided to go with Hunt but I am going to ride it out for a bit and hope he can turn it around before I need him to be a scorer for me (I have enough coverage for now). Also, what's the go with Pederson - did I miss something as far as North's depth / injuries - is he going to get another game anytime soon?

Mids - Thinking Bewick / Conca for Libba as I want to maintain my MPP if possible but I am not convinced a sideways trade like this is worth it long-term as both Bewick and Conca appear to be suitable cows.

Forwards - for Tapscott, I am thinking Richardson (sideways) or Fyfe. Fyfe's 117 was massive but his 49 in round 2 bothers me a lot - inconsistent scores do my head in. Can anyone shed some light on Fyfe's low round 2 score? He wasn't subbed but if he was tagging or playing another role, it might explain it. The Fyfe trade would net me some serious cash (&#36;200k) but not sure if it is a good long-term idea.

Any thoughts / opinions are appreciated. Best of luck.