Premiums/Rookies

Discussion in 'RMT' started by gbj, Apr 8, 2012.

1. gbj

gbj Member

I have gone with the gun's / newbies approach and I'm not getting points on the board.
    2050 last week, 2054 projected this week. What am I doing wrong ?

My team is as follows

Birchall
    Carrazzo
    Goddard
    Deledio
    Bugg
    Guthrie
    Smedts
    Ellis
    Darley (not played)

Ablett (capt)
    Boyd
    Scotland
    Magner
    C.Smith
    Coniglio
    Shiel
    Miles (not played)

Cox
    Mumford (ouch)
    Giles
    Redden

Franklin
    Fyfe
    Chapman
    Martin
    Dangerfield
    Kennedy
    D.Smith
    A.Hall
    Tomlinson

This team looks good on paper but not enough points :x

Suggestions please :D

2. Stampede

Stampede Member

Mate, it looks pretty good to me - admire your resolve in that you've gone GNR pretty strictly. I wouldn't be doing anything drastic to be honest. Perhaps a little light on in the premium mids which might mean you have a slightly slower start compared to others but it means you have more rookie mids who will generate a lot of cash, so once these guys top out and you can upgrade them you'll be smashing it! IMHO I'd make that a high priority - move Scotland to the backs and get a couple more premium mids in there as soon as you can.

Darley and Miles not playing isn't quite ideal but I'm not sure it's worth using a trade on as these guys should get a game eventually - maybe if Mohr smashes it again and becomes a must-have you could give Darley the flick for him. Ditto for Miles re the likes of Ledger if he has two really good games.

And when you say projected, if you mean the projected scores on the SC site I'd be ignoring those - no idea how they make those up :)

3. gbj

gbj Member

Thanks I needed that bit of mental support,

Ledger was sub but when he came on he really looked
    like a footballer will be in my team very soon !

4. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Agree with Stampede...

You're seriously undervalued in the mids. Most coaches will have 4 prem midfielders then their rookies, as this is where most if your points will come from. You have only two genuine mids with Boyd and Yablett. Scotland is an elite defender for SC but is only average as a midfielder. He is underperforming anyway and should be in your backline.

Do you have spare cash? You might look to chop a non player and bring in some premiums if possible?

5. gbj

gbj Member

I do have spare cash I was thinking that a premium is a premium regardless of his position
    thank you very much for your input.