Questions for Champion Data.

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Feb 9, 2012.

1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

@NTS - we asked this one last year.

We noticed in the off-season that a group of new stats were created, are these changes applicable this year and how exactly does a mark on the lead work?

KJ: Nearly every year there are new stats recorded, but not all make their way into the rankings formula. Marks on lead have been around for a few years. They are graded higher than a standard uncontested mark but lower than a contested mark.

2. Hendy

Hendy Member

Can you please get them to give a better understanding of how much is required to score a tackle? and clearance?

3. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from fresh on February 9, 2012, 10:08
    I find that there's heaps of stats in the Prospectus so this question from me might be due to me just getting confused with the amount of info in there.

From CD's analysis, which stats appear to correlate most with premiership or winning teams? Eg is it something like &#37; of possession in forward half, clearances, a kick to handball ratio of x:y, something else?</blockquote>

Contested pressure/possession is one they really go on about. Something like 80&#37; of the time, the team who won the quarter in CP, won it on the scoreboard.

4. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Hey Hendy, clearances don't score points mate (aside from the fact that it's usually a CP followed by a ED).

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I can't remember where the changes to last years formula were announced, but I would like to know, if they make changes this season, will they announce them and when? - hopefully earlier than what was done last year.

6. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Oh ok, thanks for the reply walesy! I read about it on twitter a week ago and thought it was a further change this year, guess not. Thanks again.

7. Hendy

Hendy Member

Thanks Hornsy, maybe you could ask why clearances aren't rewarded Walesy.

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Do CD collect data for VFL/SANFL/WAFL regular season matches and, if so, could these somehow be made available? If the Hun is not interested, perhaps TS?