"Pre-trade" Period

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, Sep 5, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote: For mine and in all seriousness... Our calendar of events is full of activity for this week, and next, should we also not talk about any of the other items on it unless someone misses the opportunity to have their poke? I'll be stuffed if I can see a real issue here, honestly, like I don't get it. Surely no-one really thought that on the opening of previous trade periods that the first few trades, posted within a very short period of the thread opening were discussed/negotiated/agreed upon (call it what you will) only within the official period? The only difference here, and I promise, hand on heart it will never happen again on this topic, was that grav and myself, separately and on different threads and in relation to different trades, flagged our intent to assist others in target management. Figure it out for yourselves from now on, if I tell you I want Ablett and your first round pick for any player you can take it as a hint... :) Lenh - when you say this: 'Our calendar of events is full of activity for this week, and next, should we also not talk about any of the other items on it unless someone misses the opportunity to have their poke?' you are 100% spot on. In that context I agree completely with you that as many people as possible should be having their input into the items that are currently under consideration and have been flagged on the calendar of events we've got. You are absolutely correct in saying this Lenh. To that end, I hope everyone has jumped in and had their say where possible. Just regards the 'pre-trade' - I don't see this as a massive issue either. Like I said, I have been having chats with lots of fellow coaches and as usual always enjoy the banter and to and fro. It is fun and enlightening and gets everyone involved. But the bit about everyone being involved is important too. PS - also, please be assured I'm not wanting to rock the boat or have a go at anyone. Its not like this is league-wrecking issue. I guess I wanted to just flag it and see if there was some discussion needed or anything. Maybe something as simple as not putting the trade lists up until the day before trade period starts (or the day itself) could go a long way towards addressing things. But I don't want to be 'anti' or annoy people. Not my intent at all.

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Agree with Chris. And, since there are no dissenting voices, we can thus pass it into law. Forthwith: 'You can tweet and twist and PM under and over tables all you want, everyday, between the hours of 10 am (AEST) and 8 pm (AEST). After that you should be in bed. The Misfits coach, being both deaf and blind, will be at a distinct disadvantage during this period. Anyone caught pre-trading outside of these hours will be forced to mark the cacti, just like Majak. Fitzy is not allowed to conclude any more than 12 pre-trades in any given 10 hour period. Any disputes arising from pre-trading will be resolved by RPGs at 12 paces (that's Australian Eastern Standard Paces).' /Portals/0/User%20Images/gavel.jpg Judge Roy Bean presiding. Anyone for a pre-draft period? Or perhaps an after-dinner drink?

3. TerryinBangkok

I would also like to take this opportunity to be abusively off-topic in thanking Chris for his journalistic contributions throughout season 2013. Why, just in this thread alone we have enough gems to get us through to at least the NAB Cup. Maybe it slips through to the keeper for a few coaches, but I really enjoy his stuff. If I may, I quote: 'I know it has been raised in the Marble Bar thread.' 'Is there a way that we shouldconsider to prevent this pre-draft period happening? Should we be looking at this?' [span style='color: #0070c0;]Think it has something to do with the lunar cycle? Either way, I don't want to look. [span style='color: #0070c0;]
    [span style='color: #0070c0;] [span style='color: #0070c0;] 'There's been a couple of deals I've almost done but in the end not done.'
    'I am in a similar boat Lenh. Thinking I might not be the only one in that boat. PS - also, please be assured I'm not wanting to rock the boat.' /Portals/0/User%20Images/fat_guy_little_boat.jpg 'Grabbing cacti is just not a good idea.' 'there may be coaches among us who are not here' 'I'm not pretending to be lily white.' [span style='color: #0070c0;]Lilac pink perhaps? [span style='color: #0070c0;]
    [span style='color: #0070c0;] [span style='color: #0070c0;] [span style='color: #0070c0;]'I am with Raptor, but TiB is right. In that context I agree completely with you. You are absolutely correct in saying this Lenh. To that end, I hope everyone has jumped.' Somebody seems to have jumped. [span style='color: #0070c0;] [span style='color: #0070c0;]/Portals/0/User%20Images/anthak.jpg [span style='color: #0070c0;]'But I don't want to be 'anti' [span style='color: #0070c0;] <p > <p > <p >

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Having fun there monsieur Commish :p I am adept at undercover work, it's underwear I struggle with... ;)

5. TerryinBangkok

Lenh191 wrote:
    Having fun there monsieur Commish :p I am adept at undercover work, it's underwear I struggle with... ;) Hers or yours?

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Having fun there monsieur Commish :p I am adept at undercover work, it's underwear I struggle with... ;) Hers or yours? In that order, yes :)

7. grav

grav Guest

Gotta love this league... You guys are a friggin riot!
    I too am renown for not rocking said boat. More often than not I am usually found well away from the boat, cuddled up with the anchor in the murky depths (its safer down here)
    I like the suggestion that in future we dont post trade tables/trade bait until the trade period has started and no discussions start until trade tables are posted. If no table posted then read as: 'nothing to see here, please disperse'

8. TerryinBangkok

Been on the island a little too long.

9. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I think the market in succulents may pick up over the Pre trade period, with a corresponding downturn in pork bellies.... Except in Waikik country where the pork belly, especially the feral variety, is a much sought after delicacy

10. grav

grav Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Been on the island a little too long. mmm..Solitary confinement. Where the men are leprechauns and all these silverside sangas look like Rita Hayworth

11. graeme

graeme Guest

I am not sure of the distinction between wild and feral but it is the former we hunt. Feral always reminds me of the stereotypical pies supporter; and lord knows their bellies do not look attractive.

12. snoz

snoz Moderator

Throwing my 2c in.......can see NO reason that trade discussions cannot take place 12 months a year......whenever you want ( and after 8pm at night if TiB doesn't catch you ). Trades cannot be ........consummated?.........until the actual trade period, but hell.....talk away whenever you want.

13. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Super Hans a nice touch ;)

14. chris88

I like boats. Pity I can't really swim.

15. chris88

gravenger wrote:

If no table posted then read as: 'nothing to see here, please disperse' And if we don't disperse, that guy wielding the cactus will surely come after us.

16. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Simonoz wrote:
    Throwing my 2c in.......can see NO reason that trade discussions cannot take place 12 months a year......whenever you want ( and after 8pm at night if TiB doesn't catch you ). Trades cannot be ........consummated?.........until the actual trade period, but hell.....talk away whenever you want. +1

17. TerryinBangkok

Bandit wrote:
    Simonoz wrote:
    Throwing my 2c in.......can see NO reason that trade discussions cannot take place 12 months a year......whenever you want ( and after 8pm at night if TiB doesn't catch you ). Trades cannot be ........consummated?.........until the actual trade period, but hell.....talk away whenever you want. +1 +2 (next year do we have 12 months or is it a leap year?)

18. TerryinBangkok

chels wrote:
    I am not sure of the distinction between wild and feral but it is the former we hunt. Feral always reminds me of the stereotypical pies supporter; and lord knows their bellies do not look attractive. You raise an interesting point my wise and learned friend. My understanding of the distinction has always been that wild refers to native fauna that are undomesticated, whereas feral are non-native fauna (such as underwater goats), usually domesticated who have gone wild. 'Feral' has often been associated with Port supporters and they display a certain pride in this. But really, it is all semantics. Just ask the coach formerly known as Philosoraptor. Bit surprised you don't seem to have a problem with feral sheep, or feral trout for that matter. If England had as many feral pigs as NZ has sheep, it might solve a lot of their current problems. Just a thought.

19. G-Train

G-Train Member

Isn't everything on this forum semantics?

20. TerryinBangkok

Raptor wrote:
    Isn't everything on this forum semantics? Depends whether you mean wild semantics or feral semantics.