Racing Blackbookers/Horses to Follow

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

G'day everyone, just thought I would start a new Black Book thread here for all you punters to nominate horses to follow.
    Anyone can nominate a horse to put in the Black Book and I will update this OP with all new entries and also try to keep a running record of how they fare at their subsequent runs.

To kick things off I will post a few that I have marked down from recent racing as well as some from one of our favourite recent tipsters @1Selection2Win!!!

TOYDINI - Solid effort when 2nd to Albercht over 1300m 25th Aug - will appreciate extra ground so look out for him over 1600m to 2000m - races like the Spring Champion Stakes later in spring carnival could be a perfect fit for him.
    SECRET ADMIRER - Won't be long before this classy mare returns to the winners circle - hit the line for a brilliant 2nd on 25th Aug and will be even better when she gets on the bigger tracks - Has come back this time in looking outstanding and there is one thing with this mare, she never runs under the odds and you will always get value whenever & wherever she runs - don't miss out on the $$$'s with her.
    STRAWBERRY BOY - Returned from a spell with a stunning performance on 25th Aug scoring a strong 2.3 length win - will derive plenty from that run and is set to be a major player over the spring. Could be the horse to watch for the Epsom Handicap and even the Caulfield Cup!!!
    DEAR DEMI - Nice effort 25th Aug when only beaten by the very smart Nechita - was 2nd behind Pierro in the Champagne Stakes in the Autumn so she has class on her side - this filly will certainly excel as she gets out to a mile and further.
    GLENCADAM GOLD - Imported stayer from the Waterhouse stable who scored a very strong first up win at Canterbury over 1550m Restricted 1MW on 15th Aug - backed that win up when up in class with a strong on-pace run on Saturday (1st Sept) in the Listed Premier's Cup over 1800m - looks set to be Gai's major player for the Cups this spring and will be hard to beat in the staying events in Sydney and Melbourne - keep a close eye on this one, very smart 5yo gelding!!!
    GREEN MOON - Wow, what can I say, outstanding first up run in the Memsie Stakes on Saturday (1st Sept) when 5th behind Sincero hitting the line hard - exactly what we wanted to see from the Caulfield Cup fave as it is impossible to get a true guide on how this stables runners are going due to them being trained in private - will give a great run for your money every time he turns out from now on - definitely follow closely!!!
    PROISIR - Outstanding colt from the Waterhouse stable who stepped up from a Hawkesbury Maiden to win a Saturday city grade race - didn't beat any top class horses being a BM69 class race, but it was the he won that counts crossing the field from an outside gate to lead them up - this effort had the stamp of a future Group Class performer written all over it!!!
    PIERRO - Wow again!!! What can be said about last seasons all conquering 2yo champion that hasn't already be said!!! From the moment he was lead into the parade ring he looked stronger and fitter than the autumn and looked like he was never going to be beaten - that was proven in the running where he showed us that he will be hard to beat in any race he runs in this spring - top first up effort and will only be better off for the run - won't get much value from him in most events but is a dream to watch just like BC has been over the past few years - enjoy watching this classy colt and top up your bank a little when he runs even though he'll be at "sports betting odds" most of the time!!!

GAI WATERHOUSE - Gai looks set to be a major player in the top spring races in Sydney and Melbourne this year with a host of stars turning out recently and more to follow in the coming weeks - I don't advocate backing all her runners as you'll be throwing alot of $$$'s away, but her stable stars look set to bring in alot of Black Type races over the next few months - follow selectively but always keep an eye on her runners.

Well there we go folks, that's a start for our horses to follow thread - regular updates will follow.
    Feel free to nominate any horse you think should be added to our Black Book so we can all profit from them - be sure to add a bit of a description as to why you are nominating them and I will add them to the OP.
    My 2nd post will be dedicated to listing each BB entry and updated with subsequent runs.

Cheers
    Bear :D

2. Bearfly

BLACK BOOK TRACKER
    Keep an eye on this post as it will be updated regularly with new entries and track all Black Book entries subsequent runs.

TOYDINI - 1 run, 0 wins, 0 places, 1 unplaced since entering the Black Book
    Run # 1 - Saturday 8th September 2012, Warwick Farm Ming Dynasty Quality 1400m 3yo C&G's Listed
    Given no chance by jockey Blake Shinn when slow out the gate and never in the hunt throughout until last 150m when run on late for 6th - definitely poor ride by hoop, so may be fair to forgive that run and give him another chance.

SECRET ADMIRER - 1 run, 0 wins, 1 place since entering the Black Book
    Run # 1 - Saturday 8th September 2012, Warwick Farm Chelmsford Stakes 1600m 3yo & up Group 2 WFA
    Took a while to get into the race which is uncharacteristic for this ultra consistent mare - finished the race off with her usual dogged determination although seemed to lack a little of her usual spark when finishing a solid 2nd behind Danleigh - not to be written off and is certainly worth following further.

STRAWBERRY BOY - 1 run, 1 win since entering Black Book
    Run # 1 - Saturday 8th September 2012, Warwick Farm Paul Noble Mile 1600m 3yo & up BM76
    Gai definitely has a good up & comer in this very smart 4yo gelding by Redoute's Choice - looked the winner half way home and won with plenty in hand, simple as that - will win more this campaign so keep following!!!

DEAR DEMI - 1 run, 1 win since entering Black Book
    Run # 1 - Saturday 8th September 2012, Warwick Farm Furious Stakes 1400m 3yo Fillies Group 2 Set Weights
    Jumped well and settled better than mid-field in the running before finishing strongly to finish in front of a classy field of fillies - looked to have plenty of scope to go on with it this campaign and will be looking for the mile and further from here - Clarrie Connors appears to have another quality filly with this one and definitely one to keep following a bit more!!!

GLENCADAM GOLD

GREEN MOON

PROISIR

PIERRO

COMMITTED

MISTY ROCKET

LAST GIFT

BAR ATTACK

3. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Bring on the spring !!

Awesome work Bear and thanks for sharing. Will be great to follow this thread.

4. Bearfly

A new one to add from today's early races at Cranbourne.

Committed trained by Colin & Cindy Alderson
    3yo gelding by REFUSE TO BEND (IRE) out of CHOSEN (AUS)
    First start today in a 1400m Maiden but was well tried into odds on favourite after winning a trail easily recently - raced a little greenly in the straight but let down well over the last 400m after coming off the bit mid race - hit the line hard after being challenged inside the 200 and won with something in hand - well judged ride by Craig Williams and definitely has the ability to go on with it in better classes.

5. weazel

weazel Member

not a spring carnival horse but misty rocket racing in cairns over 1900m started 2nd fav going for 3 wins in a row missed the start and gave the leaders 14 lengths for most of the race came wide and flew home for third may get some value next time out also last gift and bar attack are solid performers up there as well.

6. Bearfly

4 Black Bookers running tomorrow - Toydini, Strawberry Boy, Secret Admirer & Dear Demi.

All look to have solid claims on form, weights, conditions etc!!!

7. Jacquinot Bay worth a mention

8. Bearfly

Give us a write up BB and I will add it to the list mate :)

Have already got a few to post up later myself

9. Haven't really had time to do the research for a write up but Jacquinot Bay is running today in R3 @ Randwick.

Record is 11112, having come second to (I think) Strawberry Boy in the only race it hasn't won.

Currently about $2.60 fixed but with High On Believing and Studio also running in this one the odds will fluctuate a bit before the jump

10. Bearfly

Yes, am watching the markets closely in that race, was a good effort behind Strawberry Boy who went on to place last Saturday in a higher class race!!!

11. Jacquinot Bay adds another 1st to the already impressive record

12. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Did anyone see luckygray's win on Saturday? Was truly impressive rounding up a good field easily! will be extremely hard to beat in the railway even with fawkner etc heading over!

13. Bearfly

Was a bloody brilliant performance Swans - switched off near the tail of the field in the first half of the race until O'Donnell said GO - and did he go or what!!!
    Obviously appreciated the comforts of home and I can't see anything touching him in the feature races coming up over there - just load up on him no matter what price I say!!!

14. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

It really was something else hey bear, much better than the 2 length margin shows. I had a little nibble at the 4.40 on offer for the railway, but now with money coming for fawkner (into5's) I think I'll wait a bit as LG may drift a bit closer to the race when the patriotic Victorian $$$ coming for fawkner!

15. Bearfly

Very much agree with you there Swans, had O'Donnell given him the run of the race from the off rather than switching him off for the first half of the race he could've won that by a record margin!!!
    What gets me with the Railway market though is how short they are offering up Lukes Luck - based on Saturday's race where he was given every chance to win the event he still was no match for LG - impo LL should be no shorter than 10-15/1.
    Am definitely keeping my eye on the markets daily as I too expect the weight of Vic money to have a positive effect on LG's price and would be very pleased to see him blow out to 5's or more so I can plunge a few hungy on him - not many Vic horses go over there and actually get the job done!!!