Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Late Mail from Insider Tips

Doomben Race 7
    8. Power O'Raylee
    Trainer: Peter Moody
    Jockey: Ric McMahon
    Comment: Classy mare resuming and should have too much class for this lot. Well placed by master trainer.

Moonee Valley Race 8
    10. Glows
    Trainer: Peter Snowden
    Jockey: Glen Boss
    Comment: Resumes and has a terrific record fresh. Too good for these.

2. Bearfly

G'day fellow punters, a few tips for you today

First up, The SharpShooter Selections for Wednesday, August 8, 2012.

Base Bets
    SANDOWN HILLSIDE RACE 7 TAB NO. 4 OFORAWESOME

And an added bonus for you all - a couple of tips from my favourite & most reliable tipping source on Twitter - @1Selection2Win

BEST BET
    Newcastle R7-2 Mashkoor @4.55pm
    #Won Distance 1600m #Barrier 4 Suits Leads Or Races Handy #Horse On The Up #GET ON

FOLLOW UP
    Newcastle R4-9 Warbird @3pm
    #Will Appreciate Drier Surface #Track Will Suit (Straight) #Big Watch For Market Moves On Track

For those of you on Twitter, feel free to look him up and follow him, made me some $$$'s

And of course feel free to follow me too, Twitter handle is in my sig

Also a couple from the Twitter feed of respected former journalist & current media director for Luxbet, Neil Evans - this fella is more often than not close to the money!!!

?@NeilEvansmail
    Racing: My Best Value Bets @ Doomben (Bris) 2day: R5 No 2 Just Betty***; R6 No 4 Gotcha*** #bigvalue

3. Bearfly

Ok, I'm going to do something new with the tips I post from here on - that is I will do a follow up post with results!!!
    However, let us not forget that alot of racing around the country is still a bit of a minefield with adverse track conditions & we're all still waiting for the quality horseflesh to resume ready for the riches of the Spring Carnival!!!

First up for a wrap of today's selections is The SharpShooter Selections:
    Base Bet selection was:
    SANDOWN H/SIDE
    RACE 7 #4 OFORAWESOME - Unplaced
    Was in contention all the way until the final 100m where the very heavy 15 track took it's toll - worth looking at in similar class event on dead to heavy 10 at worst.

Next up, my favourite Twitter tipster, @1Selection2Win
    2 tips were posted from him:
    BEST BET
    NEWCASTLE
    RACE 7 #2 MASHKOOR - 3rd - $1.35 to $1.45 available for the place
    Solid effort by this promising up and coming horse and is worth following - looks to have the ability to gradually rise through the classes - look for it in similar class/slightly higher class, will make you some handy $$$'s if you follow!!!
    FOLLOW UP SELECTION
    NEWCASTLE
    RACE 4 #9 WARBIRD - 2nd - $2.30 to $3.20 was available for the place
    Wasn't quite able to hold on in a photo with the heavily backed favourite but battled on gamely - definitely add this one to your BLACKBOOK as it won't stay a Maiden for much longer, and if well placed next start could even run at decent odds in a Class 1 or 2 event - FOLLOW this one folks and you'll make some $$$'s real soon!!!

With the above two selections, combining them in a place multi would've made you a nice little profit - I actually combined them in 3 multi's - $5 Warbird to win -> Mashkoor to win struck out, as did my $10 Warbird to place -> Mashkoor to win, however my $50 Warbird place -> Mashkoor place came up trumps with dividends of $3.00 into $1.38 paying a tidy $207 for my total multi's outlay of $65!!!
    That is how confident I am in this fellows tips!!!

As I said earlier, for those of you on Twitter, feel free to look him up and follow him, he'll help you make some nice $$$'s with his tips, especially over the coming months as the quality of horseflesh racing improves!!!

Finally, the couple of tips from the Twitter feed of respected former journalist & current media director for Luxbet, Neil Evans (?@NeilEvansmail) - as I said earlier, this fella is more often than not close to the money and that was the case again today!!!
    His 2 Best Value Bets tips were:
    DOOMBEN
    RACE 5 #2 JUST BETTY - 3rd - $1.60 to $2.10 available for the place
    DOOMBEN
    RACE 6 #4 GOTCHA - 2nd - $2.40 to $3.20 available for the place

Again, a combination of multi's would've returned a nice tidy profit if you staked them wisely with the highest staking being on a place -> place double - work it out!!!

So there we are for today, no winners from the 5 tips, but a wise investor should've walked away from just these 5 tips with a nice tidy profit for the day!!!

Now to finish up, I'll just share a with you a sound investment strategy - never just bet for the win on the tips posted here - win only betting is a mugs game and unless you have a strike rate of 40% or greater for the win then you will lose in the long term with win betting only!!!
    As a matter of fact, statistics show that favourites win 30-35% of all races, yet show a loss on level stakes win betting - however, by using sound each-way and/or place betting strategies you can turn a guaranteed long term road to losing into a very profitable investment - the secret is in the approach to each-way and/or place betting - especially with the tips I have been posting!!!

When betting each-way, I always take the 1x3 approach - that is, for every win unit I invest on a horse I will invest 3 for the place (sometimes even 4)!!!
    "But that will reduce my collect when the horse wins" you might say - maybe, but it will certainly give you a better return when it doesn't quite get it's nose in front and places instead!!!
    I know quite a few people who make a very good living and/or 2nd income from just place betting and/or the 1x3 or 1x4 each-way betting strategies - and with strike rates of around 25% winners and 60-70% placegetters, these smart investors laugh all the way to the bank every day they have a punt!!!

Don't be mug punters and line the pockets of these greedy corporate bookies folks - get smart and start striking back, it can be easy as I am starting to prove to myself and others!!!

Well, that's enough dribble and ranting from me - hope you had some luck today :)

Until the next time, Happy Punting folks :D

4. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Great idea bearfly with the results posting, if I miss some of the tips or don't feel like I punt I sometimes wonder how they went. Thanks also for your place betting tips as I tended to do the 1x2 approach, I may have to move into 1x3 to see how that goes for me.

5. Bearfly

It has worked out pretty well for me since I changed my betting approach Owen.

1x2 is ok when you're punting something paying over $2+ for the place (although personally, I save it for anything paying >$3) - but the 1x3 strategy can significantly improve your performance on a day.

I have now got into the habit of keeping a basic daily ledger for my punting so I can see at a glance how I am faring as the day progresses - then each days overall result goes into another basic ledger that I am keeping for the entire season (only just started this properly at the start of the new season this month).

6. weazel

weazel Member

outstanding work bearfly i for one really appreciate the tips winning or not. knowledge is power. those after a quick buck need to remember profitable betting is marathon not a sprint. ps i also like place bet all ups to make some good coin

7. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I agree,weazel.I appreciate all the work that BF must be putting into this and the time it must take,and have been following his advice for a while now, and also agree with his 1x3 strategy.
    I was given a piece of advice a really really long time ago and I think it still holds true today.
    "The MUG punter goes to the track with $100 trying to win $1000."
    "The ASTUTE punter goes to the track with $1000 trying to win $100."

8. Bearfly

Thanks for the supportive comments fellas.
    With such astute punters around here it will be good for the Punters Club when I get it all sorted.
    On that subject, I am hoping to have a chat to Walesy when I am in Melbourne next about the possibilities of getting a dedicated section for the Punters Club, that way I can share the info on there instead of having to send info to each individual via PM's.
    Will keep you all informed!!!

And as for your comment Choppers regarding "The ASTUTE punter goes to the track with $1k trying to win $100", that's exactly how the pros operate (although you'll find most of them aim to make between 2.5% and 5% of their bank!!!
    That's why my aim is to build my betting bank up to $10k slowly (hopefully by the start of the major Spring racing) then aim to make 5% profit per day - that'll be $500 per day profit, not a bad weekly wage if operating over 3 or 4 betting days per week!!!

9. Bearfly

Some Early Mail for Flemington Saturday
    Race 4 Nicholls Court - 3 wins 1 place from 4 first up. 1 win 1 place from 2 starts over 1000m and is 1 win from 1 start on wet tracks - Weighted very well on the 54kg limit and has Nikolic booked to ride.
    Currently between $15 and $20 on early fixed odds markets with up to $5.50 available for the place - food for thought!!!

EDIT: Tony McEvoy has got Prince Of Capers going around again in Race 5 - has been impressive in his 2 runs in Melbourne, knocking over some handy types with his late finishing burst and isn't out of this one despite being against a few slightly better types than last 2 starts - has 1 win & 2 places from 3 starts at Flemington, 4 wins & 3 places from 10 starts over 1400m, and 5 wins & 5 places from 14 starts on wet tracks (excels in heavy going) - could be worth an each way investment at current fixed odds of between $10 & $15 for the win & $2.80 to $4.00 for the place!!! Watch markets over next 48 hours!!!

10. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Bear - you can shout me a beer at the footy in a few weeks time from all our your winnings!

11. Bearfly

Will be glad to do so Steve, should be much easier this time with only myself & my fiancee there - but there's one proviso mate, you have to shout me one next time we catch up after you snare the $50k from the LMS comp ;) :p

12. battyb

battyb New Member

I’d like to add my thanks to all the effort you take to share this valuable information Bearfly. I for one have benefited.

I have a question for yourself and others – what do you use to keep your blackbook? Ideally I’d like something on my iphone, that notifies me on a day the horse is running and lets me enter simple notes as to why I put the horse in the blackbook (eg, hit line hard, looking for further). I can get notifications from my Sportingbet or TAB apps but not notes, meaning I need to put the notes in another app like Notes , which is somewhat unsatisfactory. Anyone have a better solution?

13. Bearfly

Battyb - I have an account with IASbet which has a Blackbook feature that enables you to add your own notes, then it emails you the notifications usually the day before (this has been especially invaluable for me with the UK, Honk Kong & Singapore racing)!!!

14. Bearfly

Ok folks, got the emails through early this evening so it's time to post the first lot of tips for tomorrow.
    Looks like there is lean pickings at Warwick Farm tomorrow with most races featuring short priced faves with not much real value outside the top few in each race - but hey, that's the way it rolls sometimes!!!

The V Phenomenon selections for Saturday, August 11, 2012

WARWICK FARM Race 2 - #1 Kelinni
    WARWICK FARM Race 4 - #2 Embark
    WARWICK FARM Race 5 - #9 Kuhreihen
    FLEMINGTON Race 2 - #1 Storm Burst
    FLEMINGTON Race 3 - #7 Halo Miss Maher

Following are The SharpShooter Selections for Saturday, August 11, 2012

Base Bets
    WARWICK FARM Race 3 - #2 She's A Fox
    FLEMINGTON Race 1 - #1 Mulaazem

Special
    WARWICK FARM Race 3 - #2 She's A Fox

Favourites Discovery for Saturday, August 11, 2012

Contenders (Favourite last and 2nd last starts)
    These are the contenders - being Favourites at their last and 2nd last starts. If any of the following are favourites at this start - they qualify as a selection.

Warwick Farm Race 3 - #2 She's A Fox
    Warwick Farm Race 7 - #8 Take The Oath
    Warwick Farm Race 8 - #14 Liechtenstein
    Flemington Race 2 - #1 Storm Burst
    Flemington Race 5 - #4 Folding Gear
    Flemington Race 5 - #16 Excluded
    Flemington Race 6 - #6 Zamorar
    Flemington Race 7 - #7 Darlimurla Star
    Flemington Race 7 - #8 Dayita
    Flemington Race 7 - #9 Shiny Buttons
    Flemington Race 8 - #5 Noble Park
    Flemington Race 8 - #10 Italian Machine

I will do my best to post the final qualifying selections in the morning as soon as they are released, however you can make your own decision by checking the markets after scratchings.

Other tips will be posted when/if they come through.

Good luck folks - Happy Punting $$$ :D $$$

15. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Thanks BF taken your tips under advisement and gone for a multi with Mulaazem to win into She's a fox place into Noble Park place. Got a few other little bits and pieces on at Flemington for interest. But I'm only hoping to make my betting account last longer than it normally would and keep me awake when at work on a Saturday. Thanks for all the work ya putting in and for sharing with this mug. One of these days I might learn a thing or two off you blokes.

16. weazel

weazel Member

hey lads thought i'd share my own tips for anyone who's interested
    br 3 no1 the jackal ew bet finishes strong will be hard to topple no 7 double image racing well and with claim
    br 7 no 3 D'Jet good win last start same again
    sr 1 no 1
    sr 2 no 1
    sr 3 no 2 these horses have been covered by bearfly above
    every sat i do a quaddie at flemington so numbers are
    mr 5 no's 2,4,6,7
    mr 6 no's 4,6,9,13
    mr 7 no's 5,7,8,9
    mr 8 no's 5,7,9

i will say my quaddie sucess rate isn't the best but i have been picking up a few nice trifectas from my quaddie picks anyway good luck on the punt people

17. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Storm Burst @ $4.5w and $1.85pl makes up for mulaazem getting 2nd and knocking out my multi. Well done BF thats still better than I do without listening to you guys.

18. Bearfly

A few more tips have come through via email this morning & on the Twitterverse

First off, via email from MadPunter

The Good Oil for today is from Experience Plus:

Flemington Race 5 No.2 Parthian

Good 2nd up form will improve. Each Way bet
    You can back Parthian at $7.50 with Sportsbet and get a $150 Bonus

Flemington Race 6 No.4 Golden Archer

Unbeaten down the straight and should win again
    You can back Golden Archer at $2.30 with Centrebet and get a $200 Bonus

Flemington Race 7 No.9 Shiny Buttons

Very consistent race horse, go close. Each Way bet.
    You can back Shiny Buttons at $6.50 with Bet365 and get a $200 Bonus

They've also got tips for Warwick Farm and Eagle Farm
    Warwick Farm Race 2 No.3 Peck
    Eagle Farm Race 8 No.7 Horoscopes (each-way)

The TAB Quaddie Pool at Flemington is a guaranteed $1,000,000 today so let's take a look at
    Experience Plus' Flemington Quaddie:

2,6,10,16 / 4,9,10,7 / 9,8,4,5 / 7,9,3,5
    Cost is $256 for 100% Dividend or $50 gets you 19.53%

Experience Plus normally bet in a combination of Win Bets, First4's and Quaddies and have been very profitable with the selections we've seen at Mad Punter, namely a $7184 Quaddie and a $41 winner

19. Bearfly

And now from the Twitter feed of @1Selection2Win

BEST BET Flemington R6-4 Golden Archer @3.17pm # Drops 2.5kg (Last Start Win) # Distance 3/3 # 2nd Up Form 2/2 # Wet Form 1/1 # GET ON

NEXT BEST Warwick Farm R6-1 Pinwheel @3.35pm # 1st Up Stats 5S =3W 2P # Won Track (3) Distance (8)1200m # Class Runner # Hard To Beat

ExtraSaturdayMail Warwick Farm R5-1 Julienas @3pm # Strong Mail Will Run Well Flemington R7-7 Darlimurla Star @3.55pm # Excels Wet Tracks

20. Bearfly

And finally from the Twitter feed of Neil Evans

Racing: My Best Value Bets @ Warwick Farm (Syd) 2day: R 5 2.Thumbtacks**; R6 1. Pinwheel***; R8 2. Girls Go Racing* #bigodds #fixed

Racing: My Best Value Bets @ Flemington (Vic) 2day: R5 2. Parthian*** #odds; R6 6. Zamorar***; R7 8. Dayita** #value

Racing: My Best Value Bets @ Eagle Farm (Bris) 2day: R3 7. Double Image****; R7 7. **Snip 'N' Duck*** #approx 25/1**! #fav&verywide!